Masters Running

Windy Wednesday, June 15 (Read 447 times)

you ROCK OrangeMat!!!!!

Big grin!

Yes you do & I'm not just saying that because you got to be me.  Even if you had sold a different brand than Brooks, that's pretty exciting!

6 miles on some rollers, just a perfect run.  How about that moon? +140 ft./-145 which is about the best I can do for 6 mi. on the roads around here.

See you next week.  I'm offline until then.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It hasn't happened since 1990 but, if I ever buy another pair of running shoes, I'll buy'em from OM.  Socks too.

have fun in Utah opie but keep on coming up to here to the extreme PNW sometime again too.

Planned on 6 after work tonight,  ended up with nothing  bills to pay, store to visit, stuff to do.. . .  I almost feel like I have been on a Tetsujin taper since November <G>

Dave -

actually you are doing very well on starting to enjoy marathons without worrying about training for them. 

However, don’t worry if, as a non-trainer newbie, you fall victim to the lure of a last-minute training run or something, especially in the favorable sunny (or at least cloudy/no-rain) and cooler running weather we’ve been having now that it’s “summer” in the PNW, . . I have lots of extra taper time you can borrow.  Sorry, it didn’t work out for me to get in the RnR again this year.  However, let me know if there’s any pre/post festivities the other slackers (enki, franscsa?) and I can crash.
      Tommy - you are the John Muir of running. I would’ve liked to've been with you too.
      I bet so would have Muir.  Dedicated to Mary's windy title for today's daily.  Thnax. .

=============================
      "Windstorm in the Forests" by John Muir  (1894)

One of the most beautiful and exhilarating storms I ever enjoyed in the Sierra occurred in December, 1874.
      . . . when the storm began to sound, I lost no time in pushing out into the woods to enjoy it.
      . . . I heard trees falling for hours at the rate of one every two or three minutes; some uprooted, partly on account of the loose, water-soaked condition of the ground; others broken straight across, where some weakness caused by fire had determined the spot. . . .
      . . . it occurred to me that it would be a fine thing to climb one of the trees to obtain a wider outlook and get my ear close to the Aolian music of its topmost needles. 
      . . . I experienced no difficulty in reaching the top of this one, and never before did I enjoy so noble an exhilaration of motion. The slender tops fairly flapped and swished in the passionate torrent, bending and swirling backward and forward, round and round, tracing indescribable combinations of vertical and horizontal curves, while I clung with muscles firm braced, like a bobo-link on a reed.
      . . . The sounds of the storm corresponded gloriously with this wild exuberance of light and motion.

. . . I kept my lofty perch for hours, frequently closing my eyes to enjoy the music by itself.. . .
      . . . We all travel the milky way together, trees and men
      http://pweb.jps.net/~prichins/w-storm.htm

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)