Masters Running

Windy Wednesday, June 15 (Read 447 times)

The kittens are adorable! We already have three cats though and I don't think we need another. ...

Mm hm.  You just keep telling yourself that. Wink

Wildchild - Nice climbing!  Come out one of these summers and run SOB with me.  You'd kick my butt.  The climbing and elevation are right up your alley.

Mary is spouseless for a few days.  Enjoy!

TomW - I've been meaning to ask - what's the significance of 24 min re your pool runs?

OM - Sounds like things are going well for you.  Yea!

Hi-Dee Ho to everyone ~

It looks to be a beautiful day here today.  To bad I'm stuck inside  Knowing Humboldt County, it'll be crappy come the weekend.  That's just how it goes in our little part of the world.

My legs were still pooped this morning, so it was a 35 min upper body workout with the gals from The Firm.  Haven't worked out to one of those videos in a long time.  Now my arms are pooped!, too.  Had to modify some of the moves 'cause they also incorporated leg work, and I still can't put that kind of weight on ye ole foot yet.  Followed that up with 10 min of core specific.  Whether or not I get in a stationary ride after work remains to be seen.  Right now, the Magic 8 Ball is saying, "Unlikely."

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Leslie, that Siskayou race looks absloutely gorgeous. Maybe if DD stays West one of the summers I will try it. Kind of hoping she will come home though. I will have to consult with you about trail and other running in or near San Francisco. I will be there a couple of days in late August when I take her to school.

and yes I have been pondering a kitten, one of them in particular. Gorgeous black and grey striping. I don't think either Dh or our senior citizen Siamese crew would take it well though.

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie, that SOB race looks great! I'd love to run trails with you sometime.

Opie, that relay leg looks ... umm...  interesting...   3 miles uphill on a highway.  I think I prefer trails, and some downhills to make up for the uphills.  Hope you have a blast at the relay, though!  Take lots of pictures!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

Reminds me of "running" the Mt. Washington race.  Just one hill. Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Just a quick drive-by while I eat my lunch....

Hermosaboy – I agree – I don’t mind running in the rain, but it’s hard to get out the door when it has already begun.

Byll – three jobs -  yowza!

Henrun – I have noticed that I usually feel much worse the day the cold is brewing, before I realize I have it, than when the symptoms manifest later.  Hope you feel better now.

9 easy-brisk miles (ave 9:50) for me today in a breezy 57 degrees - just a perfect morning to run.  I woke up a little early and put my time to good use...Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...fatozzig//.......I have always exercised for Time,

and

24min is 12-points

on The Cooper Point System,

which

I have followed since 1965

==========

...and sometimes you just don't CARE what the WeatherReport says.....

after not running

or workingout for over a week,

I finally got a day off and felt halfway decent enough to run

as I got to the soccer fields,

I heard boiling thunder in the backgrouund

''I'll wait til I see lightning"" I thought

as I was halfway thru

the skies opened

and I couldn't even see the other side of the field

''I can't see without my glasses anyway'' I thought

then

I noticed

the rain was Bouncing

''well, THERE'S someting you don't see everyday"" I thought

when I got home

it turned out I had been running in a HAILSTORM///////

I never did that before,

woulda thought it would hurt,

but not that big of a deal

still sick

but I may run again tomorrow..

......I never said I was That Smart.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

4.5 miles at lunch.

Tom - Maybe you need to start wearing glasses with wiper blades. Smile

Lamerunner - The Marin Headlands.  It's the site of the following trail runs: Pirate's Cove, Golden Gate 50k, Miwok 100k, and Headlands Hundred.  There are probably more, but those are the races I'm aware of off the top of my head.  The Headlands are north of San Francisco, just over the Golden Gate bridge on the left.  Challenging and beautiful.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I noticed

the rain was Bouncing

''well, THERE'S someting you don't see everyday"" I thought

Big grin  Must be a little hard-headed....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Holly Big grin.

Just returned from a nice walk at the hill with my DH. The  last visit to the wild asparagus  patch is going to add delicacy to the sesame ginger BBQ pork. mushed potatoes, sauteed home-grown collards with mushroom and red onions and home-grown green salad I had planned for tonight!  Simple abundance is sublime!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Perch—you seem to be really enjoying your running—that’s cool!

Hey Tramps—you must be enjoying the game, huh?  2-0 right now.  Now 3-0! 

It’s really nice to see you enjoying your runs, again too, OM!

Leslie—I think you’re going to be in some pretty good shape when you get back to running.  It’s so impressive how you’ve just kept plugging away!

We had soccer pictures, tonight.  We’ve got some pretty cute girls on this team—of course four of them are my granddaughters.

I went for a nice little 4 miler, tonight.  My left calf was a little tight but not a big deal.  I was very tempted to go 6 but figured it just didn’t make any sense to push anything right now.  4.2 miles in 29:10—64—partly cloudy—and a slight wind—nice! 

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Made my first shoe sale in the store today. A pair of Brook Adrenaline's to a woman who is just starting to transition from power walking to running. She had tried on the comparable pairs of stability shoes (Saucony Guide 4 and Asics 2160) but something about Brooks just drew her in. And the best part was when I asked "so do you need any socks today?" she said, "oh yes, let me see what you've got" Big grin

tomwhite, maybe you should be wearing a helmet to run. Jus' sayin'....

Mariposai

Made my first shoe sale in the store today. A pair of Brook Adrenaline's to a woman who is just starting to transition from power walking to running. in'....

you ROCK OrangeMat!!!!!

Big grin!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

HermosaBoy

11.15 after the rain miles for me this evening while KeeMan was making some lasagna.  Sure was nice to come home to it waiting to be cut...  Smile

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Maniac 505

Ribs:  I always have lots of co-workers that go on and off Atkins type diets on a regular basis.  they aren't athletes by any stretch.  They always rave and talk of the miracle of the first week.  They always seem to go into major depression after they "go off the diet"  no mater how I try to explain my reality to them, they just don't get it.  I lost over 60 pounds.  I have never been on a diet in my life. one of my mantras is that "I did nothing to lose weight that I am not willing to do for the rest of my life" I just started eating less.  It is simple, but it is not easy.  Atkins works for some.  I just wish I could convince them what the first and last week means.

Mari:  wild asparagus sounds wonderful.  We used to have an asparagus patch in my fathers garden (I never ate store bought vegetables until I went off to collage.  the store bought stuff tastes nothing like fresh  (and I won't even talk about canned.

OM.  congrats.  Adrenalins are what I have been using since I think the version 5.  I just bought a new pair of I think 11's? yesterday,  I don't even bother trying them on anymore. 

Planned on 6 after work tonight,  ended up with nothing  bills to pay, store to visit, stuff to do.   But I guess it is OK since I am tapering (But then, I almost feel like I have been on a Tetsujin taper since November <G>