Masters Running

Sunday 27th Boomer runs (Read 495 times)

no running for me yet but it has been a glorious day!! started off with 3 of my boys going to morning mass with me then we went out to breakfast.........this afternoon dh went food shopping and cooked dinner while 2 of us went to the gym - i came home and made chocolate fudge brownies and chocolate lava cakes for dessert.....and had wonderful chats with a few friends before and after the gym!! now we are all home unwinding - probably been the longest stretch all 6 of us have been in the house (awake) at the same time!! at the gym: 30 minutes bike (10.8) miles, 10 minutes arc trainor, 10 minutes step mill then did some upper body work and my PT exercises!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

seemomgo - congrats to your kids for doing so well in their competition! Tall - A 24-mile run on a date! Wow, that's impressive. Hope you don't expect all your dates to be able to do that. PDR and Enke - get well soon. Take care of yourselves. Twocat and Roch, how nice that you got to run and bike with your DWs. That's pretty cool. Erika, hope you enjoy the scrimmage between your DS's teams. Just fit in some sort of run today - it doesn't have to be 10 miles, and hopefully not on the dreadmill. Just do it! Smile I ran 13 miles today, a PR distance! I ran the first 3 with my dogs, then dropped them at home and went back out for another 10. Average pace about 11:30. I walked quite a bit on the uphills, but considering that the whole route is very hilly and all above 9200 ft, I feel like I did fine! Nice day - mid 40's and breezy. Definitely better than yesterday, when it didn't get above freezing. Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Erika - given your foot pain, I would err on the side of caution for the moment. Relax. Go watch the scrimmage and enjoy. Don't forget to take the video camera. Smile
        Oh great, NOW you tell me. Heh. Well, I did go out and cranked out 10.4 miles, first 8 of which were faster than I'd planned. Nothing like a little GI distress to make you turn mile 5 into a tempo run to make it to the McDonald's asap... I won't eat there, but I'll sure use their very nice restroom. (It's a new McD's and the restrooms are still pretty nice) Felt soooo much better, and turned out three in a row nice relaxed 8:25 min miles until I started back up the hill. The next two miles were hot and hard... sun came out, wind at my back, ugh. Took off my gloves and top shirt, tied it around my waist (so sue me), and struggled home. Tomorrow will be a xt day, or easy rest. DS1 has his first scheduled game tomorrow evening, but I bet it's canceled cuz there's no way the fields will be in playing shape. Yeah, Evryday! you're smiling... that's a good sign! Waiting for the RR...
          Yeah, Evryday! you're smiling... that's a good sign! Waiting for the RR...
          Actually I'm smiling because of Vista's remark about running in the cemetary and everyone was there. Now that's funny! Thanks to all the well wishers. It was awesome. Right now I'm gonna knock back a couple of Sam Adams. I'll post RR soon. I did see that Pfriese has a new PR! Congrats!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            dg, hi! I miss you & many other favorites here. And that btb guy is obviously a nice fellow! I can't keep up and post on two sites, however. Quite frustrating. enk, I've been following your training so closely you'd think I'm a little weird. Embarrassed Please just rest and read whatever junky magazines you'd like and just have a mellow and relaxing week. You'll feel sproinky by Sunday, I promise!
              Lots and lots 'o stretching and some strength training on the stability ball today. Have the ice pack on my left knee now - nothing serious (I hope!), just a little prevention. I've been frustrated that the scale won't budge and the measuring tape seems to be stuck as well, but had an experience this morning that shows that I MUST be losing, or at least re-arranging, some of my mid-section mass. I have this beautiful pair of robins egg blue slacks that I bought 2-3 years ago. Wore them to church on Palm Sunday then, even though they were a bit, uh, shall we say, snug? Couldn't wear them the next spring because they were way, way too tight. Shocked Wore them again this year on Palm Sunday (did I ever mention that I have mild OCD?) when they fit nicely. Wore them yet again today, and every time I stood up during the service, they felt like they were going to fall down! Big grin Whoo hoo on today's distance PRs - Wild's 13 and evryday's 26.2! Awesome job! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

Time to celebrate two magnificent PR... Smile SmileWild's 13 miler Wink Wink and Smile Smileevryday's 26.2!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

I did see that Pfriese has a new PR! Congrats!
                  Thanks evryday, you had a fantastic day too. I just checked your finish time, WOW. You did great! BTW, this is a PR for you also. Congrats to you, Paul ps. I'll get my RR up a bit later in the week.
                  busiman

Running out of mistakes!

wrapping up work, but had to say what a great day it was....lousey weather, but a great run. 10 miles at just slower than marathon pace. I tried to go slow and easy, but the legs said go faster. :-P back to work now...
                    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                    also on Twitter

GreenMan

I'm sorry CNY, but I just could make pictures happen. But that place is georgous. 5 mile walk today, should have only done 4. Very sore legs I'm taking off 4 weeks from running as planned. Rest and repair needed. Walking and kayaking are at the front of my agenda I'll be posting with pictures I Promise. RR is posted. jjj
                      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                      btb1490

Good evening masters friends! I should be heading to bed, things are crazy for me right now, but I just can't help comment and celebrate all the wonderful things you all have going on here. It really makes my day to be able to do that. Even if just one person reads this late at night, it's worth it to me. jules- what a cool sounding event for a great cause. Good luck with it! CNY - 80mpw! I can't even fathom that, but if anyone can do it, it's you! PBJ - good to see you posting here! Way to shut 'er down! Good luck with your recovery. Roy - Awesome run yesterday! I guess all the aches and pains have subsided? Breger - I've heard of practicing your race day stuff ahead of time, but your math too? You are not messing around! Holly - congrats on the new house! It's beautiful! Good luck! A 12 miler already, just a week after Boston! You are a machine! dg - what movie was it? Shane? Where he's out hatcheting away at an old tree stump. Good cross training! WRFB- looks like you're picking up right where you left off before Boston. Cmom - congrats to your sons on their competitions! THey have a great role model. Happy weight lifting! PDR- just take the time you need to get better! tomwhite- you seem to have a nice following here! Stay for a while! Sorry about the ailments, whatever it is I hope it is short lived. perchcreek - sounds like your recovery is coming along nicely! hopeful4ever- patience grasshopper. These slow steady miles will pay off big time, keep at it. Twocat - congrats to your wife on a fine race, and to you for your return to running and being able to pace her! I hpe you did the dishes anyway... Sarge - nice thing you did today, for a great cause. THe donuts were a nice bonus! enke - sometimes a shower makes you feel like a new person. I hope you are better soon! Stumpy - definitely keep the cycling up! I can't wait to celebrate your return to running! Tallrunner - that was a pretty darn fast training run! Econo - Hi! Good to see you here! Maybe if you didn't train so darn much all the time, you'd have more time to post here! Sheesh! Get your priorities straight! Wink Aamos- you're a poop! Just post and stop sulking, ok? Evanflein - I'm sorry to hear about your foot! Sad Chill for a while, no pun intended. munch - let us know how your doctor visit goes please. PJH - Hello friend! Throw the kids outside for some fresh air! Any mess they make is a good mess though! Smile halllar - it's always fun going back to where you started now and again, but always keep looking forward. SirWalksalot - you need a new forum name! Sir-runs-pretty-darn-fast! rochrunner - great bike workout today, with some excellent company! vista - what a terrible story! I can only hope that the kid can change his ways, and that the grandmother stops bailing him out. Weren't you dead for your run today? Mariposai - seems like you too have recovered nicely from your marathon effort! evryday - WTG!!!! deez - what a great day! Brownies! Oh, and having the boyz around is pretty cool too... Wink wildchild - woohoo on the lucky 13! Hey, did your email address that I have go bye bye along with your job? Send me a new one please! eliz - you need to discover the joys of ice baths for prevention! Pants falling off in church? Hmmmm, what church do you go to? pfriese - not sure what the PR was, but congrats! busiman - you sure are a busy man if you're just wrapping up work at that hour! JJJ - oh goody, another JJJ poetry race report coming! You guys are all awesome! You know that?
                        wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Bob, I'm still reading, but it's not late at night in Colorado. I'll send you my new email - the old one was from work, but I'll still be there for 3 more days. Good to see you posting.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.