Masters Running

Monday June 13 Time To Burn Off the Po'Boys Runs.... (Read 528 times)

lamerunner

Good afternoon. Nice to see Holly back home and Spareribs stopping by. Congratulations, Spare on your brother's streak. It is hard to achieve that, hard to stay healthy enough consistently for that many years.

Leslie, the no cruches is greta  news!  It may help the healing to walk a bit too, get the muscles in the foot back in shape and keep the blood flowing.  I have a couple of pair of crutches around from past injuries . Kind of serves as a warning...

No run for me today, did the usual Monday swim, 1500. I think a streak for me would be unwise.  I ran 9 miles yesterday in chilly damp weather then (on June 12)  nearly froze all afternoon at a lacrosse tournament with DS. This time of year seems to be one extreme or the other.

Mike, great job with your DS and on the marathons. I cannot imagine doing marathons two days in a row.

Where are Karin and Erika?? 

Dd on her first day of summer. Still needs more of a job and more structure. . She has lined up every other week babysitting for the son of one of our former sitters. All part of the circle of life I guess.  

evanflein

Here I am! Was gone for the week after Newport. Met DH in Portland and we went to Scottsdale for his firm's conference. Then we drove all over Arizona, staying in Flagstaff one night, then up to the Grand Canyon. Then up to Four Corners, then over to New Mexico. What beautiful country! On our way back yesterday we walked all over the Petrified Forest National Park. Took lots of pictures that I'll post later. It was a wonderful trip, some much needed time alone for the two of us. Now, it's back home to work and "real life." We get in at midnight tonight, then I leave early tomorrow (again) for two days of meetings in Anchorage. I'll barely have time to dump my suitcase and reload!

Leslie, that's wonderful news about ditching the crutches. And good for you on the take-it-easy comeback plan. You've come so far, no need to push it now!

Mike E, that's great to hear that you've had a good trip with your son. I hope you've opened the door for better communication and a relationship with your son going forward. Nice job on your back-to-back (or doubles?) marathons, too!

SteveP

Don't beat yourself up Holly. What Perch said...Though he set a poor example.

Yeah Mike, What Tramps said.

Nice trip Slo.

Yeah Leslie!!! That is so kewl!!!

34 years!! Wow!!!

That is wonderful that you and DH had a time alone trip Erica!! I suspect you two have paid some dues.

DW got Tag out tonight. Good, I'm beat. The boss has been trying to get me near 40 hours in three days. It's keeping me fit and the bills are getting paid. Though...I double checked figures and at some point I got a $.02 an hour pay cut. I can not say that's any kind of big deal, however, good grief. I'm simply curious as to how much though and effort went into that.

Here's DW's Birthday Poem!!

It's good you're my Mrs.

Because you have good kisses.

We had a lot of fun in Charlevoix 

DD#1 got married, ...something something

Gave birth to a boy.

I'm glad we're eating healthy stuff like couscous.

With all that ice cream, our butts are getting moose caboose. 

Our grass is green

And you're not mean.

Your nice personality and really good skin

Makes me want to go out with you again.

Your glowing skin has a smooth silken veneer.

As with bacon, it makes me drool, not sneer.

Thanks Leslie!! You're the greatest!

SteveP

Great Poem!  You're welcome. Big grin

Gawd, I hate the printer I have at home!! Angry

Now that that's office my chest - 35 min of stationary cycling while yet again watching "Race for the Soul."  I'm hooked.

Okay - Off to do transcription.  Have a good evening, Friends ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Kewl poem, Steve. Your wife is a lucky lady.

Erika, glad you and DH had a good trip to Arizona.  Good to reconnect with your spouse sometimes, minus the kids.

I took the day off work because DD goes back to NY tomorrow for her summer job at school.  So it doesn't feel like a Monday at all.  I went for a trail run in the state park, and about halfway through I met DH, DD, and Tazzie and Ladybug for a hike, then I continued on my run.  Overall I ran 11.4 miles, 13 mm avg pace, and hiked about 2.5 miles in the middle, but I turned off my Garmin for that part.  Great day to be out on the trails in beautiful Colorado.

Leslie, yay for ditching the crutches!  Although they do make your arms strong...  and your armpits sore.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Wildchild, great run today! Fun time with the family too.

Still smiling thinking of Leslie without the crutches! 

8.5 hot miles for me, easy, easy, easy. You would think that a hot Latina could run in the heat Black eye. Nope, but teaching my body I shall do!

I ran up to the orchards to check on the cherries. Sad sight...we got a bad hail here last week, plus all the rain the crop is ruin...yes...as totally ruined. I feel so sorry for the orchadists.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

BTW - drum roll please . . . . . NO CRUTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 11 weeks, it looks like I'M FREE!!!!!!!  Yes, I'm taking it easy.  Slow walking, nothing too exciting, but it sure was good to leave those suckers behind this morning. Big grin

Yay!

Steve - Big grin

Mariposai - great run in the heat!

Wildchild - sounds like a lovely Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...steveP

has gotten Free Association down to An Art Form.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....