Masters Running

It's the June 1 daily. (Read 478 times)

Nice long runs for enke,

I wish!  Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

That's ok, Enke, I've run 6 10+ mile runs in the past 2 1/2 weeks and he hasn't noticed those! (not that I'm whining, of course...) Wink

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice try erika but, especially as an UltraEquinox Goddess, etc., 

10 miles isn't even close to the goddess bar for long runs anymore. Smile 

at least, maybe enke's off the hook for a while.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Hey Troy, can we get a discount on your book if we order it directly from you?  Or at least get an autographed copy?  They might be worth something some day...

Absolutely...might be the best I can do is list price but free shipping (to US addresses) but I'll look at postage rates to see what it looks like and get back to you with a price.

As for the worth something someday...I hope not. That usually means it went out of print...

wildchild

Carolyn

I just thought the autographed copy might be worth something when you're famous!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Twocat, there's only one answer.  You have to go. Just to figure out the mystery!

+1

Off to a graduation BBQ. It is the season of graduations and partying. Tonight's party is for a dear girl to my heart. She was one of my daycare daughters for over 9 years. She is one of my "other daughters", in fact.

Running???...nada...I was too tired and hungry after work. I had nothing to eat from 8am to 3pm...Don't take me wrong...I attended three meeting during that time, with tons of food...junk-meeting food that I would not touch, so I was just hungry. Ohh well, I will make up for it tonight.Blush

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hmm, not sure getting in a plane to show up at a wedding to figure out why I was invited is all that appealing!

CNYrunner all I can say after your last set of races if you were running the HM this Sunday you would likely clobber me!   I bet we find each other on Sunday.  I do not recall it being that big a crowd.  Good luck with your goal of a sub-1:30 HM.  That was my goal a few years ago when it was seemingly something I could do.  I did it once.  Alas, I doubt my hamstrings will let me do it again.  So, plan B is to live vicariously through your quest!  Good luck when next you try for it.

Tramps I hope you are better at following through on the "I am going to digitize these <fill in>" than I am!

Jlynne wow that sounds like one harsh cold!  I hope it clears up soon.

Mike E nice that you finally met that women and she turned out to be nice!  You never know about "going by" looks.  Some people are just shy and may not look friendly as a result.

Dave59 over a month to see the doctor!  Wow!  That sometimes happens to me for an annual checkup or something.  But for an actual current medical issue?  I am surprised that in a case like that you cannot get in sooner.

wildchild "all hills" translation "up and down America's third highest mountain."  I know better by now!

evanflein I thought I should remind you not to sign up for a spring 2013 marathon.  You know, just in case it already slipped your mind!  Smile  One of an occasional series!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat - Got the wedding.  Unless it's gonna cost a lot of money for travel.  Who knows who you'll meet!  Or, you could be the invited wedding crashers!

So I just talked to Karen and she's refusing to run with me on Saturdays anymore until I've done my 50-miler at the end of July.  The Reason?  I'm too fast, she'll just hold me back, and she thinks I have a chance of finishing the run in less than 12 hours if I work on my speed.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I like running with her.  We have a good time.  AND I'm not the most comfortable with the idea of running in Trinidad by myself.  I know Karen, though.  There's no changing her mind.

My run this morning got derailed by a pooch on the loose.  Got about 1/4 mile down the road when this friendly cutie came galloping toward me.  He had a tag with address and phone number indicating he lived a short distance from me.  So I grabbed him by the collar and, with me in a crouch, we proceeded to march about 1/2 a mile to his house.  However, the place was behind a fence and didn't look like a door I wanted to knock on at 6:00 a.m.  So back to my house we went where I tried multiple times to call the number with no success.  In the end, I had to call Animal Control to come get him.  He was a real sweetie.  Leaned against me when I pet him.  He was too thin, and the Animal Control lady thought he probably had worms.  A part of me wishes I could've kept him, but I don't think the cats would appreciate it.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Bushrat Runner

4 mile commute today. Felt good...

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat--I believe the obvious answer is to just apologize for not remembering who they are and ask them.  I would never do that...but I believe that is the correct answer.

That would be my vote....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."