Masters Running

It is a wonderful Saturday...the 11/5 daily (Read 433 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, busy day here! 

Tramps - beautiful description of what running is all about.
    {{{Dr. J}}}  Karin, so sorry to hear about this latest setback. Let her know we're all pulling for her.
    Barb - nice job on the 20 miler, and I'm jealous that you got to hang out with all those folks this fall.
    Denise - your post made me smile! I love the additional 0.2 OM miles.
    Holly and Paul - congrats to both of you on 2nd AG awards!
    TomS - congrats on 1st AG!  I once won my AG at a PTA race, too - not too many old farts at PTA races.

I had a good race and had almost a 6 minute half marathon PR.  I know that sounds like a lot but this race was much flatter and lower altitude than the other 5 I've raced.  FInished in 2:05:21. 

I wore a skirt because I believed the stoopid weather forecast that said high of 45°.  It was 32° and my legs were cold.  I took off my windbreaker at mile 2 and tied it around my waist, but don't owe Ribs a fine because I was glad I had it at the finish.  I took my gloves off at mile 4 but put them back on at mile 6 and left them on the rest of the time.  Of course, by Murphy's Law, during the short time I had them off  I slipped and fell down on the icy sidewalk.  No major damage, though.

My right foot really started to hurt by about mile 9 or 10 and I slowed down a bit, but finished okay.  I think this is the PF flaring up that I seem to have acquired after my last race.

Anyway, after the race I drove down to Denver and had the distinct pleasure of meeting MIkeE, his DW, and Ryan. 

After Ryan's race (which I'll let Mike tell you about), I went out for a beer and pizza with Mike and his DW.  Mike, thanks for lunch,and great to meet you!  I hope you make it home OK tomorrow and get to keep those chairs a while longer.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Happy is the time when "imaginary" friends can meet in person. Thanks for sharing the picture with us! Great race for you today, my dear b-day twin. 

RCG's fall report of RA friends' meet up kept me smiling all day!

Go Ribs go!!!!!!! I am so excited for his race tomorrow!!!!! I can imagine that he has all his running attire all matched, bib number placed and his paces ready all printed out Big grin.

To celebrate Dr. J, I wore today my NYC finisher's t-shirt during my run. I met Dr. J. the year I ran this marathon. She is one lovely and inspiring lady. I am rooting for her to win this RACE!!!

6 miles for me up Kermel at faster than normal speed, once I got to the top I ran a few miles with 5x looong blocks at faster pace.

When I got back home I drove to the gas station where I spent $53. 04 to fill up my car with gas. Then I went to Safeway for grocery shopping, where I saved $58.85 (who says that club cards and clipping coupons does not save money?) well...this week, I just bough a tank full of gas with the money I saved.Cool. and had left over to buy one of my newest weakness...Safeway Select orange pepper dark chocolate...yummieeee!!!

wondering how CamScam and the rest of the Storm XC team did  at the Minnesota State Championship.

go ohhh wiseone goooooooooo!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

I met Dr. J. the year I ran this marathon. She is one lovely and inspiring lady. I am rooting for her to win this RACE!!!

Yes, Dr. J's race makes the rest of ours pale by comparison.   We're rooting for you!

Wildchild - congratulations on your new HM PR!

Pfriese and Tselbs - nice racing!

Perch - Iron Turkey - I like it!

Wondering how Timbo did at his marathon....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

(((((Dr.J.)))))

Nice Paul.

Thanks for the Ben update. 

TomS, your 5K sounds like a lot of fun.

Very kewl Wildchild!!! Hi Mike!!

DW, Tag and I went out on the trails for an hour. Very nice. It's DW's first time on the trail, so Tag was excited showing her around. One the way home, he spotted a deer and jumped through the open window while the truck was moving. (Unfortunately, he may get that from my side) When we pulled over and called for him, the chuckle-head took his time coming back.  It may be leash time until the deer are done rutting.

SteveP

HermosaBoy

Not the greatest result for CamScam -- 6th for his team and back of the pack in the race.

His team finished 11th out of 16 though.  This is better than most would've predicted.  Smile

Congrats to Ryan and the rest of the Augustana team as well as Ryan's HS team (Centennial) that did quite well at state!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob