Masters Running

Sunday, May 6 Int’l Running Barefoot Day Daily Runs (Read 404 times)

sorry Tet - no barefoot running for me today Roll eyes  but I did PR!!!!! 

woooohooo - signed up for this race only because my sister was doing it as her very first 1/2 marathon!!  we didnt plan on running it together as she had her training friends to run with so I set my goal for a PR and am so ecstatic to say I met it!!  1:59:24!!!!!   helped that it was a nice seacoast FLAT 1/2 marathon but a PR is a PR and I am very pleased!!

my mom and my sister's husband were on the course 2 different times and at the finish to see us all in --- sooooo fun!!  My sister ran a 2:17 and was so happy --- she is awesome and I couldnt be happier for her!!

we went for lobster aka. LOBSTAH rolls at the Beach Plum - then I went to a 1 yr old b-day party - and finished the day with my DH having a nice stout and chocolate lava cake!!   It doesnt get much better than this for me ---- so THANKFUL for all the good things in my life right now!!

Posai - a friend of mine who used to work at the Brigham with us ran that same race today!!  she lives in so. cali now

enke - nice toes!!

Jay - congrats on 3rd place!!  speedy racewalking!!
    Tselbs -- happy birthday to your mom!

nice work for all those doing 7.2 today!!

Holly - great 12!!

Happy Sunday evening my friends!!

denise

Dove

The Dovenator

Race 2 went way better than Saturdays race. For one thing I knew where I was going so I didn't need Ms. Garmin assistance ( I shudder to think where she may have taken me today!) Time to eat and sleep. I'll post more details tomorrow

"it's just like having fun, but different"

evanflein

I just love Denise's happy posts! Hugh congratulations on your PR, that's wonderful! And yes, I don't care how flat, how much tailwind, whatever... indeed a PR is a PR and you've got every reason to celebrate. How fun to do it with your sister, too, with family support! (Lobstah rolls! heh)

Holly, I did win my AG, and was 20th woman overall so that's much better than last year. Last year we were getting off the bus when the starting gun went off! I was still first in AG, but so far down in overall standings it hurt my end of year overall points. Trying not to let that happen this year! Nice 12 miler for you today, and I hear ya on the tired legs thing.

^5 to Dove for finishing her double and not getting lost! Big grin Looking forward to the details later.

Enke, I wish my feet looked that good... and yeah, cool how your polish matches the tulip. 

Happy birthday to momma Selbs. And I was thinking about you, Tom, on my run today. I've had those runs where I feel totally gassed, yet can't seem to slow down. Not sure what causes that, but it's annoying. Interesting that you think a doc checkup is in order, you must really feel bad out there, or at least "not right." But yes, I know what you mean, and I hope it's nothing.

No barefoot running for me. I did run 14.4 miles today though. The plan was to take it e-a-s-y, and as mentioned above, sometimes I have a hard time doing that. But my legs were tired from yesterday's race (hey, a 5k can be taxing when you don't do much speedwork), and there was a good breeze from the NE, which meant tailwind on the way out (mostly downhill), and headwind on the way back. And bleh, ah hates a headwind. Managed to keep the pacing consistent throughout though which was amazing, besides being faster than planned. Glad that's done.

Oh, our town does an annual "rite of spring" community cleanup and yesterday was the day. Lots of people out with the big yellow bags, picking up all the trash that accumulates every winter. It's really embarrassing when the snow melts and all that crap is exposed. Such a messy town. So last night it was nice to drive home and the roadsides all looked so good. Today? I was so pissed to see new litter on the roadsides, and some old stuff that got missed yesterday. I have some of those bags from last year and I think I'll put them in my car and go visit a couple of those spots. Only takes a few minutes once a week to make a difference.

Bushrat Runner

Ahh...spring in Alaska...when all of winter's gifts are unfrozen for your smelling, and viewing, pleasure...we're having the same fun except there hasn't been any effort to clean up yet...

Congrats, Deez!!!!  Big grin

Just some darn good racing all over the place this weekend.

Carolyn - snow??  Wha . . .???  Not to rub it in, but it was beautifully sunny today.  We cherish when we get them 'cause we also get a lot of fog.

It was a long weekend for me, but I had my first 50-mile week in over two years.  After yesterday's 21, got in 9 this morning, followed by a couple of hours of gardening.  I'm all kinds of pooped, especially my legs, so I gave them a bit of a massage with my dough roller.  I certainly don't use it for baking! Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Holly, the race was crazily fun. Imagine running with 50,000+ Yeap...fifty thousand plus runners. This makes Bloomsday the biggest short distance road race in the country. There were people from each state participating in this event today! It is fricken fun!...

Of course the Posie clan had a blast!!! Each one of us ran the famous dooomsday hill with style. Big grin

Having the famous barefoot runner tetsujin in our midst was meant a GREAT FUN the whole way!

More stories and pictures tomorrow. Know it is time to serve dinner to HIS royal highness...the no-longer-to-be-call Easy Pacer!!! He PR!

Denise, way to go with that PR...and what a sweet memory that must be to do it with your sister!

Enkie, add me to the jealous about your toenails list...no further comment needed!

Erika, sistahh...congrats on that AG win yesterday! And 14 miles today...way to go gf. 

Wildchild, snow?????? poor wild flowers Cry.

Twocat, thanks for the cheers today Wink. The posie clan had fun  knowing that someone was tracking us! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, the race was crazily fun. Imagine running with 50,000+ Yeap...fifty thousand plus runners. This makes Bloomsday the biggest short distance road race in the country. There were people from each state participating in this event today! It is fricken fun!...

The Bolder Boulder has 50,000 people running a 10k.  I wouldn't run it if you paid me!  But a lot of people think it's really fun.  Glad you and your family had fun at Bloomsday!  You must be a proud mama/ wife with your whole family participating today.

Deez, congrats on your PR, and congrats to your sister on her first half!  Nice that you could do it together and have family support along the way.

Erika, congrats on 1st AG!

Leslie, it was beautifully sunny today here, too - this morning.  Didn't start snowing till afternoon.  Smile  If I didn't like snow, I wouldn't live at this altitude.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Our dog runs barefoot...I'll have to give it a test.

Very cool salamander 

Wildchild, Tag loves running in the snow. The novelty, for me, has worn off for this season

Very nice Deez!

Only takes a few minutes once a week to make a difference.

Amen Sister.

DS got his Associates degree yesterday and we had a smallish party today. I got up early and went downstate for my great Uncle's funeral and still made it back for the end of the graduation party.  A cousin had bought a 100 year old windmill and is rebuilding it for show and to irrigate his garden. The mechanics are very kewl.

SteveP

Happy for what????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFLjuj-l_fE

Your post was such a happy post, it made me Big grin

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance