Masters Running

Sat 2/14 - Master Runs - Bloopers - Catnip - And Anything (Read 567 times)

OMG OMG OMG -- Mr Nono just surprised me with a Valentine's gift (we're not supposed to get each other gifts). A Garmin 305!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOO HOO!!! Way to go, Mr. Nono!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Congrats Nono on the new Garmin! You'll be amazed at how much more accurate this one is and how much better reception you'll get. I had the old 301 for a couple of years, and was amazed at how much better the 205 and 305 hold signal in the woods and such (maybe not a problem on the beach?). Ribs is one hawt chicka, I swear. And there is a special place in heaven for the Saint. Tramps, I do feel like a hamster sometimes, but it's worse when I'm at the gym and there's a whole lineup of hamsters churning away! DH had my car handwashed and waxed earlier this week, and last night we went to a comedy show. Funny stuff, and my car looks beautiful. Better than chocolate, I'd say. It's 16F out this morning, heading up to over 20 today I'll bet! We did get some snow last night, but not much. Figures, since the bikepath by my house just got plowed the other day. My plan said "9 miles" but I don't know if I'll do the full 9. I will head out from here though, and see where I end up. Tomorrow's long run will be shorter (14) for my "cutback" week (which thanks to running a bit Monday and Friday won't be a big cutback, but it's been all pretty easy), and I want to run that trail with all the hills again.

Marathon Maniac #957

That's a fun-looking bunch of guys in red. Great pics. Ribs, and that event looks like a hilarious one. Smile Nono - very kewl!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ribs is showing a little to much cleavage but that other dude is showing way to much hip. Shocked 4 tempoish miles today 34:00 I was thinking of running a 5k today to get a good feel for my fitness going into next week (starting my new made over plan) but the snow we got last night would have made it impossible to get a good race in so off to the gym instead. Tim, Its good to hear you describe a run with no references to pain or injury. Keep up the good work. Valentines Day and my wife and I both forgot all about it ! I am painting our lower level and she is off with her lady friends. I guess after 29 years we can give each other a pass. Embarrassed I don't usually bore all of you with my personal life but my DIL got a 3D sonigram done yesterday and I am going to be a proud grandpa of a beutiful girl, Ella. Have any of you seen these? They are un believable. It is like a picture you can see all her features including nose ,toes and even the eyes. She also got a 30 minute cd of the baby so you get to see her move around suck her thumb ,punch her mother etc. Again un believable. Big grin Now I have to wait 2 more months. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Ribs - great legs...however you should watch that plunging neckline so that you can remain "classy" and not slip into skanky territory. 6 slow and easy miles. followed by 45 min on the bike. This is annoying but I developed a bit of arrythmia on the bike and it never went away until I got home about 20 minutes later. Not atrial fibrillation but this wenckebach thing I believe. I'll be looking forward to my echo on Thursday. Nono!!!! that's fantastic. That's what I wanted, but I got chocolates instead, which is fine as we need to watch our money.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Larry, that's great! Congratulations, and isn't it cool what they can do now with those sonograms? I remember ours we had to kind of take the technician's word for what we were looking at...
              Slo

Valentines Day and my wife and I both forgot all about it ! I am painting our lower level and she is off with her lady Larry
                The discussion of valentines day came up at lunch yesterday. When I was asked what I was getting my wife I replied. "Hopefully the same thing she's getting me.......Nothing !" Thank goodness niether have ever put much emphasis on this holiday. BTW Nono.......I am happy for your gift.....that really is very thoughtful.
                  woooohooooooo Mr Nonoruns!! AWESOME gift!! you're going to love it!! and another woooohooooooo to Ribs and his fellow red dress runners!! you guys look great - but my boys are just sitting here shaking their heads!! lol someday they'll be lucky if they can pull something like that off!! went outside today for a walk/run -- just don't rat me out on Facebook - a lot of my co-workers post there and they will not be happy to hear me doing a little running -- tough cookies 8 min walk 2 min run 7 min walk 3 min run 7 min walk 4 min run 4 min walk cooldown - total time 35 min 2.67 miles not much but something -- i need to do little bits each day to build my strength back up or i'll never be able to work 12 hour night shifts -- i'm already thinking there's no way i'll be ready in 2 weeks and might ask for more time off - i have plenty of sick time saved and we can take up to 12 weeks and not worry about our position. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY FRIENDS!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Ribs--you and your buddies all look like they're very secure in their masculinity. But I think the guy showing off the leg is enjoying himself entirely too much Smile Enke--I'll have to look up the "wenckebach" you mention. That's one I've never heard of. Sorry any kind of flutter showed up. Nono--congrats on the new Garmin. I just got one and keep forgetting to take it when Max and I go out. I got DW and DD tickets to Dirty Dancing, the Musical, which is not the way to save money, but she liked them so much she didn't even mention the cost. Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congrats on the Garmin, Nono! What a smart husband you have! DH and I "celebrated" by closing on a home equity line of credit and then eating breakfast at Denny's! Can you tell that we have a kid starting college in a year and a half??? Big grin It is very cold and windy today, so I will run tomorrow! Happy Valentine's Day!
                      Mariposai

Third date with MP today. I wanted to visit the orchards today even when the roads are still full of snow. 6 miles to my favorite creek, which is so pretty right now with her frozen surface and a hair like stream of water coming down the rocks. Stopped to admire the eagles and then started running at marathon pace. Mile 7@9:17; Mile 8@9:05; mile 9@9; mile 10@9. I tried to run these four miles by feel...so I was pleasantly surprised when I got back home and saw the pace. 14 miles for the heart and 1 mile for my yellow rose. nap time now and then will get ready for my date.........I hope I look half as gorgeous on my red dress as Ribs does on his.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

nonoruns you are going to love that new Garmin 305. Just as evanflein wrote, it is way better at tracking where you are and not dropping the satellite signals than the X01's were. evanflein wow 20°! What a heat wave! Dead Glad I live in the "south!" halllar sounds wonderful that they can now produce such clear pictures with a sonogram. You must be just beaming! enkephalin good luck with the echo. I will keep my fingers crossed that it comes out clean. Actually, I strongly suspect it will and that finger crossing is totally unnecessary! But then it cannot hurt either! stumpy77 glad they had a good time. Let me see for Valentine's Day you sent your DW away . . . Confused Teresadfp well with interest rates at their current level this is the time to adopt an 18 year old and send an extra one to college! Do you think they run two for one specials? Smile Seriously, congratulations on the closing. It must be a relief to be done with all the paperwork. Mariposai nice double digit run with some MP miles thrown it too!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Third date with MP today. I wanted to visit the orchards today even when the roads are still full of snow. 6 miles to my favorite creek, which is so pretty right now with her frozen surface and a hair like stream of water coming down the rocks. Stopped to admire the eagles and then started running at marathon pace. Mile 7@9:17; Mile 8@9:05; mile 9@9; mile 10@9. I tried to run these four miles by feel...so I was pleasantly surprised when I got back home and saw the pace. 14 miles for the heart and 1 mile for my yellow rose. nap time now and then will get ready for my date.........I hope I look half as gorgeous on my red dress as Ribs does on his.
                            Look at that: 9:17, 9:05, 9:00 and 9:00, all by feel. That's the way to do it. Nice job. Spareribs

Hill Runner

Well, the run went off smoothly at the Club. The Saint was embarrassed all morning at seeing me in the dress, especially when I insisted on stopping at Starbucks for a coffee. She stayed slumped down in the seat when I was inside. But she did take this one fashion shot of me before we left the house. Of course I wore my red Asics DS Trainers: She was relieved when we got to the clubhouse and learned that I didn't look as bad as some of the men. You should have seen the hair on the back of the big guy next to me in this picture: 4 miles total for me today at about 9:30's, and my first 40-mile week. It's tough running in a dress. For one thing, today was cold and I wished I had chosen a dress with more material on top. Amazing the trouble women have to go through to get dressed and put on all this stuff. It's a lot easier being a guy. Spareribs
                              ....."Don't you just hate it when someone shows up in the same dress".....Blush ...

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Teresadfp

One day at a time

LOL, Peter. What a great photo. Thanks for posting it, Ribs! Looks like so much fun, but you'd never catch ME running in a dress! I look awkward enough running as it is! Blush