Masters Running

November Masters Miles - AWARDS (Read 449 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Another month come and gone. Hope it was a good one!

Time once again to post your monthly miles for November, and any PRs or other highlights.

As usual, awards will be given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and anything else that seems award-worthy.

These are pictures I took today in Cherry Creek State Park, where I do most of my lunchtime runs.  Tomorrow it will look very different, as they're predicting 6" of snow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Jlynne

Methinks you need to post a "before" and "after" picture Carolyn. Thanks for sharing your beautiful view of the mountains with us.

I'm getting in early because I don't want to risk not being in the running for the slacker award this month Big grin 150.2 miles for November, 1102.7 YTD. Looks like I won't hit the 1500 mile mark this year. On the good side of things, I ran a 5 mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving, first race since back surgery, and only finished 23 seconds slower than I ran it last year!

Thanks for keeping the totals all year Carolyn. I think we should all chip in and buy you a REALLY EXPENSIVE virtual Christmas present!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Carolyn. Beautiful photos, as always. It still amazes me how many wide open spaces exist in the rest of the country, vs my crowded little northeast corner of the world.

Another default PR for me, an 8k race on Thanksgiving Day. My monthly mileage is finally back up where I'd expect it to be (40-mile weeks will do that!), and while I've totally lost my shot at a 2000-mile year, 1600 seems within reach. So it's all good. Smile

Nov = 175.56

YTD = 1467.08

Thanks wild,

Nov miles 124

Year to date  1347

TomS

MM #7877

170 miles in Nov. -  Best month since July! Strong bounce back months since I experienced gallbladder issues in Aug & Sept and PF in Sept & Oct.   I wont reach goal of 2011 miles in 2011. But 1950 within reach.

YTD - 1788 miles.

Philippians 4:13.

C-R

200 and a little

1464 for the year.

Feeling better about my running.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

186.4 miles for me.

Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

Just a dude.

November - 286

Year - 1035

South Lake Tahoe Turkey Trot - 1st AG (Age group was 17 and over... Surprised) 2nd overall. I won a turkey.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Mariposai

Thanks Carolyn. Beautiful photos, as always. It still amazes me how many wide open spaces exist in the rest of the country, vs my crowded little northeast corner of the world.

yeah...you should visit my town....the hillbillies...the frontier dwellers!!!

But....open land we have!!!

and btw, we do have  a futon and a private bathroom for our visitor!!!Joking come visit us!!!

151 miles for the month, and yes, OrangeMat ran more miles than me!!!

Go orangemat, gooo!!! I ma thrilled about her first marathon!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nov 230.5 PR month YTD 1918.5 PR year/ goal 2000 MS coast marathon 3AG

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Beautiful place to run, Wildchid!

114.2 racewalking miles for Nov. - my lowest monthly total since spring, but I had a lot of other things going on this month, so I'm not surprised. No PRs, but I did do better than I thought in a Thanksgiving day race, so I'm happy.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Beautiful part of the country Carolyn, but I'll stick to my city (I'm so urbanized now).

Marj-83 (YTD-923)

Henrun-101 (YTD-834)

Both of us had 2nd AG in the 5 mile Prospect Park Turkey Trot in Brooklyn, N.Y. on 11/24-2200 finishers.

Thank You Carolyn,

69.6 miles in November  (lowest of the year)  No injuries, just nothin to train for right now so just relaxin'!

1,099.5 miles YTD    

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

November started out iffy, coming off some aches and pains.  But it ended nicely with two or three 40+ mile weeks to end the month.

156 miles for November

1463.7 miles YTD.  (I might just squeak out 1600 miles.)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tetsujin (November 2011) - 52.4 miles

. . . 11/24 - Widdle Waddle Marathon (garden clogs) - 6:18:13 (rain/wind)

. . . 11/27 - Seattle Marathon (barefoot) - 5:28:18 (rain/wind)

YTD - 296.2 miles

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)