Masters Running

Wednesday May 25 Runs and Grins (Read 615 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Just checking in on yesterday’s daily….

Mainerunnah – fine-looking son and family!

Mary – DS gets home late Friday night.  I miss him already…..

Opie – thanks for that link.  I will check it out.

JTV – snapping turtle crossing….Big grin

{{{JLynne}}}

{{{Orange Mat}}} – glad you came through okay (that part about no coffee – aaagghhh!!!)

4 easy-paced miles on the TM for me today.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I know I’m in this habit of posting my runs a day late but right now it’s all I can do!

Tuesday’s run – 6.48 miles total – 57:48 (8:56) we had planned on doing 1,000’s but needed some extra distance to “warm” up due to the
      unexpected heat and humidity – 82 degrees and very humid.  We did end up with one – 1,000 at 4:00 (6:26) then went to the cemetery to run a couple of loops that mimics a race course with some hills and turns.  We did two .45 mile loops – 3:24 (7:35) and 3:01 (6:43) and we were pretty much spent.  Then a nice leisurely .68 mile cool down to back to Joel’s house.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes etc. for my son and his family.

Slo – From what I can see you are knocking on that sub 20 5K door and will see it sooner rather than later if you stay healthy.

OM – Glad to hear things went well for you, no coffee seems so cruel, of course I'm not a coffee drinker but from what I see and hear that equates to cruel and unusual punishment. Wink

Oh and I forgot to mention that the town vote this past weekend went quite well for us.  Voters approved our new Public Safety Building and the new Access Road so things are going to be getting pretty busy here before too long, especially once they break ground which still probably won’t be until early next year.  Everything has to go out to bid etc.  such a long process but we are certainly quite excited, I can’t say I’ll miss this former four room school house that was renovated some 30 years ago as a “temporary fix” for us!

Happy run everyone, and we are actually going to have a sunny day today, start to finish, drove the Vette to work for the first time in almost 2 weeks!

Dave59

I decided to take a rest day.  Between vacations and illness there aren't many people at work right now, and it is getting more empty by the hour, so I will see how many hats I can wear at one time.

OM - I'm glad things went well yesterday.

Jlynne - I hope you can work something out without drastic measures.  I mentioned while you weren't around that I couldn't find an available room the weekend of June 11th, so we're coming the week after that to visit our daughter.  I probably would have run that 10k if things had worked out for the right week, so I'm glad it didn't. Roll eyes 

dg - I plan on going to Bill's after the race too.  In addition to the forumites that I want to see finish the marathon are a friend from church and the owner of my gym, so unless there are intense thunderstorms I'll be hanging around the finish..  I'll send you and Bill my cell phone number.  Always makes me feel important when I give my number out. Roll eyes 

Maine - I'm glad your town made the right vote.  I love my little town because we have so far done what is needed to keep things maintained around here (and improving).  I've lived in places that were falling apart and it isn't much fun.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning, everybody--I like how OrangeMat comes out of surgery and right away says how happy she is that Opie's okay. 

..oh good//.....just checking in to see if opie was ok........

eta-

YAY fatozzig//........add a couple of plastic hand held floats to add to the difficulty

you can alternate using them and not every OTHER lap

nice going

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I was wondering about Opie too .....good news!

{{{OM}}} May your recovery be as kind to you as you are to all of us.

We don't care when you post your runs Maine - just happy to have you back here.

Oh JLynne!   I 2nd the 2nd opinion, just to be sure.

Some one better be taking pictures in Northern Michigan this weekend!!

Rainy days and Monday's Wednesday's always get me down .....so I took advantage and caught up on some sleep from the night before.   The kennel was quiet all night, so I guess they are used to their new digs.      We had a landscaping guy come over to quote our patio project as it isn't getting done by just looking out the window at the mess.   Tomorrow night another guy is coming over to look at it.     All I know, is that I want it done and done soon!!

I think that is Hudson peeking out from under the bed....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

How do you follow a face like that?  Wow.

Anyways, lift, step spin.  Sweaty fun.

Mariposai

No running yet this morning. RAW is the plan, after a board meeting.  Just posting to send my love to OrangeMat.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

I think that is Hudson peeking out from under the bed....

Blush  Sooo cute!!!

Runners run

YAY fatozzig//........add a couple of plastic hand held floats to add to the difficulty

you can alternate using them and not every OTHER lap

Tom - Are those the barbell looking things?  I keep meaning to ask the lifeguards what those are for.  If they'll add greater resistance, then I can get a better arm workout, as well.

{{{OM}}} You are much loved here.

Doggone those puppy pics!  Love 'em!

50 min of core/strength training this a.m.  My core and limbs were still a bit tired from my pool run last night, but I got it done.  And what's with the NBA playoffs being on at 5:30 in the morning (PST)?!?  They're screwing up my workout TV watching. Evil

Have a great Wednesday ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

I think I'm the only person who had  better not ask Opie how he is doing. 

Hi OM!    Spareribs

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good news Maine!

I've been a bit busy lately with the new job starting June 6th in Michigan.

I'm at the room painting (final) stage of our bathroom remodel. Pictures to come!

The Carolina heat is in full swing! Mid 90°'s highs (not even June yet!)

Yesterday 6.6 miles at 8:45 pace (AHR 145) and today 7 miles at 8:09 pace (last 4 miles in the 7's)

Running Streak continues:

Days: 281
                          Distance: 2,142.7 mi

Today  at 5 am it was 71°, 70° dewpoint here in Durham

In Detroit it was 50°, 42° dew point

Can't wait!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Jlynne my understanding is that the term "herniated disk" can ultimately mean almost anything.  I will bet that given you athleticism yours will turn out to be eminently curable.

OrangeMat I hope your surgery went spectacularly well and you are cancer free from now on.

Opie house spared is always good!  If you go to sell the place you should mention in the add "tornado free zone comes with lot!"

I am here in Ann Arbor.  Yesterday it was very nice out.  Today, wet and miserable!  After lunch it had stopped raining so I figured I would get out and walk around a bit before having to sit for the rest of the afternoon.  By the time I got to my hotel room the skies had opened up again.  So no walking.  At least I got in 34 minutes on the elliptical this morning.  As always, I can hardly wait for my time at the conference to end so I can get back home.  There is the rest of today and then tomorrow then an early morning flight!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...fatozzig//.......those would work, but I was thinking more of the little plastic ball things, easier to carry underwater.....

skipped the poolrun, friggin' kids with noodles in ALL the lanes

......gonna shoot

for tomorrow at 7AM,

no self-respecting kid would be Awake then.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

lamerunner

Good afternoon!   Those puppies get cuter and cuter... but I don' t a puppy kind of life right now.

I hope OM is feeling ok today.    OM, good of you to obey the "no coffee" rule.  I was alwasy told water was ok so I figured black coffee was close enough., then I would run/workout to get some control over the day...  Hope Leslie doing well too. nice pool running by the way. 60 minutes of that is a lot; I know.

Nice running/streaking Perch !

Tom White, just give those kids the death stare.. 

Another busy day but calmer. No court.  I got up and out at 6, which is pretty early for me, and ran an easy 6.5. Mild but not as tropical as yesterday.

Weird weather last night; alternating showers/T-storms and sun. Made DS' lax game take longer than normal.  the ref suspended the game for 20 mins or so after seeing lightning; the boys had to put down their sticks but they had a grand time chasing each other and sliding on the wet grass. Game eventually resumed but we did not get home until 8:40

I also swam at lunch today, 1500 yards. Felt pretty good once i got going.