Masters Running

Seattle RnR weekend pics and commentaries (Read 745 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

I haven't had time to write up a RR yet but this thread is a place for anyone who would like to post the pics they took this past weekend.

I thought I'd get us started with this one. ok, this photo was a huge medical risk, what with Timbo needing to keep his heart rate below 120 this weekend. . . .

Evanflein, Aamos, TIMBO Da Man!, Tammy, Laura,

bottom: Holly, Mariposai, Dove

Wow....how lucky can one guy be, being surrounded by such beautiful Women  . I think keeping my HR lower here, was harder than the race. What a real Joy this trip and race was.

TimBo

PS: TET, no worries....I took care of the godesses just fine (sorry about your luck )

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Probably more entertaining to look at the naked people in the winter

Well, there would certainly be less to see, you know, due to the whole shrinkage issue.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, there would certainly be less to see, you know, due to the whole shrinkage issue.....

After my swim in the lake Friday...... after me and Erika had ran a few miles, Peter - Erika's Hubby brought up my own shrinkage issues after getting out of the cold lake  

Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=45933&BIB=4233

Here is my Seattle race pictures....I am at the library, and I don't know if this will work or not. Hyperlinking is different than what it use to be.

Oh well.....see if this works. I am bib 4233 if you have to put that number in.

This thread is sooo great Tammy....thanks.

TimBo

Kewl it worked. Me and Laura ran beside each other stride for srtide, for 26.2 miles

Jlynne

Lots of topless lesbians.  YEEKS.  And gay guys in chaps sans pants.  And usually sans underwear too.

folks riding bikes in the nude.

I gotta get out of the house more often

evanflein

Tim, I love the big smiles you and Laura have in your finish shot. Here's one of Holly and me that I pulled off the site:

Also, in the "congratulations runners" e-mail they sent today, there's a link to a video clip of each runner's finish time. Mine shows Holly waving me across (a big "come on!" wave) and our big hug at the end. Priceless.

xor

Ah yes.  If you are willing to watch an ad, you can then watch people finish.

Go here:

http://elite.competitor.com/webcast/sea/archive.html

Enter in a bib number or a name.

That video of Holly waving Evan on to the finish is funny as heck.  It's like:

"Come on already, Erika!  Run faster why don't ya?"

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

The photos are supreme, one guy and a bunch of gorgeous ladies!!....well you too white glove.

Hmm....that video link is cool.....very very long hug Laura gave to Timmy.....

You guys don't know how sad I was to miss this race and especially the party at the house, but sometimes life gets in the way.  Someone start planning next year's RA reunion!!!

(I saw a nude bike ride in Vancouver once......it was fascinating for about 30 seconds, then yuk is all I can say.)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

I really missed having you there Enke. I kept hoping you'd surprise us and show up. But I understand that sometimes the timing just doesn't work out though. 

As I was running out on I-90, I told Aamos that that is where you'd be if you were able to ride your bike out there, but then when I saw no one but course officials and medics there, I figured they had it even blocked for spectators to come out that way. We sure missed you though.

eta: yeah, that was quite the embrace huh Enke . . .

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

That video of Holly waving Evan on to the finish is funny as heck.  It's like:

"Come on already, Erika!  Run faster why don't ya?"

Bill

I know, looking at it I thought the same thing.  I think it was because I wanted to go sit down so badly    although mentally I was just thinking, "Go Erika, almost there!"     My DS pointed out on my own video that it looks like I'm hobbling in to the finish, and it's true that my feet hurt a lot at that point.  But hey, at the end of a marathon I think everything hurts a bit.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The videos are very cool, indeed.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

sweet link. Thanks for the link Srlopez.. I sent it home to papa and they just called me to congratulate me. Papa was amazed to see his princess run that distance and still smile at the finish line (even when our finish line was shadowed by the big guys...I think he never really believed I can run Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, finally I have some photos to post.  Unfortunately, due my inability to get the flash on my camera to work, all my photos from inside the house didn't come out, including the ones of the handsome and charming Divechief.  

Here's Erika and her DH, Peter, cooling their feet in the lake.

At last, Tim and I meet in real life:

Our victorious crew at the end:

Here's Dove and Mariposai, enjoying a glass of wine after the big race:

A visit from Rasmusson and Runrwife (Mike and Sue):

Soundrunner visits!  As you can see, sharing the double bed brought Dove and I understandably closer....

xor

Go me!

I came in 64th in my age group at Seattle rnr.  (officially.  even though the online tracker says I was 65th)

Now check this out:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Millercoors-1006094.html