Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 8.16.14 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I don't have much time to post today. After a quick breakfast, DW and I are heading to the farmer's market, and then to visit a niece who is expecting her first baby next month. Her DH is in a tri somewhere near Newburg, NY tomorrow, so it'll be an eventful trip.

9.4 RW miles at the usual time this morning. I did pretty well today, but was clearly feeling some fatigue from yesterday's fairly intense workout, and the afternoon's yard work. This morning, my way was lit by a half moon high in the sky for the first few miles. Then the sky started to lighten up. Some scattered clouds out on the horizon made the pre-sunrise colorful and beautiful. I didn't stay around long enough to see the sun pop over the horizon - so it goes.

I wish good luck, fleet feet, and tail winds for all of this weekend's racers:

08/16 Deez4boyz - Breakaway 5K. OOB ME

08/17 AamosY - Leading Ladies, South Dakota

08/17 evanflein - Revel Denver Marathon, Denver, CO

And I hope everyone has a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Jay, and all to follow.

No time for me as well, since we are packing and heading out in a short time.  I just had time for 2.2 recovery- paced miles this morning.

Good luck to the racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I have all kinds of time but nothing to say but that hasn’t ever stopped me from saying it anyway such as to Dave to go ahead and sleep in as late as you want this morning in case you want to stay up late tonight for some reason or the other. <<<(halfmary/halfmary)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...nice to Slo posting agin///////

.......BTY//.......have you noticed a BlackCloud following you around lately??

........I had actually read

where bee sting venom helped arthritis,

sorry you're having to find out if that's true or not............ps...check the BraceLink I put on your earlier post..

..pps//.......I have GOT to try Blazin's 2.5-ft grass work-out.....

============

ok, back to work....

.......33-mprnb

deo

....ok, got that over with......

............................good running guys...........Beware Bees, Grass, any form of Turkeys on the road, and possible MeteorShowers.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

............................good running guys...........Beware Bees, Grass, any form of Turkeys on the road, and possible MeteorShowers.....

Thanks for the smile this morning, Tom.

Sounds like y'all are very busy people today. Enjoy!

Stayed out with the ladies a little too late last night. The glow light run ended on our city deck which is located on the Fox River. Every Friday night the local bars and restaurants set up booths to sell food and beverages, and there's always a band. The race included a free "beverage of your choice" so of course we had to have a beer. Then we had to have one more while we listened to the music.  The weather was so perfect and everyone was celebrating a good race and the end of a LONG work week. And it's not real often that we can get everyone free to do something like this. Some of the younger women were staying for one more beer, but I'm getting smarter as I get older! I finished 2nd in my AG out of 98 with a 9:36 pace, but there were lots of walkers so that made my results seem better than they really were.

4 miles on the elliptical this morning with some weights, then a run to farmer's market for some fresh veggies and fruit for dinner tonight.

Have a great Saturday everyone and good luck racers!

C-R

Nice workout Jay.

Have fun at the boat races Holly.

Tet you crack me up.

Sounded like a good time JLynne

I admire your consistency Tom. And humor.

I managed 9.5 in some nice rain. Have to ref soccer games the rest of the day so a cutback long run weekend seems ok. Good luck racers.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Dave59

I think I'll run the half, fall asleep while I run, fall down and hit my head, and then see how Tet feels about that!  

Someone made a good point about the long relay races.  Running when your tired is nothing new.  Just new to me.

I have 8 hours and 40 minutes before I show up to the race to pick up my packet and decide whether to switch to the half.  Most people run the half or the 5k, if I stick with the 10k I could probably place in my age group.  Maybe even be the only one.  Trouble with that is, the prize is a free entry into one of their other races.

I can't believe I'm letting some old guy I never met talk me into running a half marathon. 

I am looking forward to getting my free flashlight and glow in the dark tech shirt.

Mike E

MM #5615

I can't believe I'm letting some old guy I never met talk me into running a half marathon. 

Okay, now, THAT is funny.

Quick post - heading back out with my mother ---- so fortunate to have her here with me, cheering me on this morning (but man, can she ever talk!!) 

1 mile warm-up, 5k 1st in age group 23:20!!  So excited!!!!

Have a great weekend all!!  Someone please consider joining our Reach the Beach team - it is going to be a blast!!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I think I'll run the half, fall asleep while I run, fall down and hit my head, and then see how Tet feels about that!  

holy cow dave, I didn't realize it was a trail race.

you better whimp out after all, . .  I mean prudently defer that kind of racing to wildchild, leslie, francesca, mariposai, holly, erika, marilou and all the other real runners in here.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy, good job in your 5K.  BTY, what a lousy day you had with the hamstring problems and the bees.  jlynne, 2/98 in AG is impressive even if it includes walkers.  deez, nice job in your race with 1st in AG.

Nice long runs for Twocat, mari, and Holly.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was a light wind.  I did 8 miles at an 11:51 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Dave59

holy cow dave, I didn't realize it was a trail race.

you better whimp out after all, . .  I mean prudently defer that kind of racing to wildchild, leslie, francesca, mariposai, holly, erika, marilou and all the other real runners in here.

It's on a flat, paved rail trail.  I would only be falling down because I fell asleep (or I trip over my own feet.)

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

Nice job Denise!  Congratulations!  (Enjoy your mom and every word she speaks for as long as you can.)

Jay--I was up at 4:00, this morning and thought..."Jay is crazy to get up this time every morning."  Nice racewalking, though...enjoy you trip.

Jlynne--you are a smart one.  I would have had another...or two...and be suffering, this morning.  Nice job in the race, too!

Have fun, Holly!

I think you can count reffing all day as a long run, C-R.

Nice run, this morning, Tom 2.

I say plenty of wild turkeys, this morning, tomwhite.  AND I saw a white squirrel...that was cool.

I think you should do the half, too, Dave...and tet does too.

Yep--I got up at 4:00 AM so that I could get some time in before the cross country team.  They were supposed to come at 8:00 and I figured I'd get in 3 hours before they got there, then run an hour with them and finish at the same time.  Then I received an email saying practice was changed to 7:00.  My first thought was..."Oh, well...I'll just have to run faster."  Then it clicked that, no matter how fast I run...it's going to take me 4 hours to run 4 hours.  I've said it before--I ain't the smartest guy around.

Anyway--I had a really good run.  The crew showed up 2 hours and 15 minutes into my run.  I enjoyed the next hour with them, then Ryan stayed and ran the last 45 minutes with me.  I'm not sure if I've ever told you guys how much I love running with Ryan...but I really love running with Ryan.  I was almost sorry I was only going to get 45 minutes with him.  So--4 hours--and 26.3 miles at the nature center....I'll take it.

Okay--I have to go and get ready for a granddaughter's graduation party.  See ya!

Oh--good luck to everybody racing, today, and tomorrow!

Mike E

MM #5615

It's on a flat, paved rail trail.  I would only be falling down because I fell asleep (or I trip over my own feet.)

Oh...maybe you should stick with the 10K...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

If you can fall down on a flat, paved rail trail, maybe you have what it takes to be a trail runner after all.

good luck.

ps - maybe take a nap this afternoon.