Masters Running

Twos-Day April 5 and basketball is over.... (Read 533 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Out for 4 dead-leg miles this morning.    The sky was stunning and I had hopes of seeing a shooting star, but no.   10:05 avg. pace - 35° with a pretty brisk wind.    They say spring is coming.   260 crunches and 60 pushups

Confession time:    I am an addict!   I am addicted to low fat wheat thin crackers and eat them every day at lunch time ..... way too many.    I finished a box yesterday and this morning while running decided I will not buy them again, at least until my race is over.   So there, it is in writing ....... Cry

Have a happy day everyone!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

New skirt in town

Oooh, crackers are my downfall, as well.  It's reallllly hard for me to avoid them when they are anywhere in the house.

6.40 miles of hill repeats this morning in 9:23 pace overall.  My PF burned a bit in the first mile, but the discomfort dissipated on its own despite the hills, and now feels fine.  I'll take a rest day tomorrow, stretch, and visit my chiro to keep things on track.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Dave59

Personally, I have been on a chocolate fish cracker and chocolate teddy graham kick lately.  One of the benefits of having a grandkid in the house I guess.  The fish crackers now come in cinnamon, vanilla, and chocolate (as well as the regular more crackerly flavors.)

This is kind of silly, but since I am two tenths of a pound above 200 and I really want to see a "1" as the first number on the scale as soon as possible (it will be the first time in probably 20 years), I am going to run about 10 miles today.  But since I have no desire to do that all at once, I am going to run a few times today.  So far, 4.5 miles in the books.  If you here the sound of celebration tomorrow morning, you will know I made it. 

Oh Mary.  I finished off what was left of a box of Wheat Thins last evening as well.  But really, Potato Chips are my addict comfort-food.  I can't have them in the house or everyone better get out of the way 'cause I'm all over them.

I went out early to meet the local Running Club this morning.  There were a number of crazies out there at 5AM, besides myself.  There was a bunch of excitement as a few of them are running their first Bostons in a few weeks.  They were just chatting away as my old, out of shape self tried to keep up.  6 miles at 8:53 pace in 75° weather.  Great fun!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

lamerunner

Good morning. Basketball is not yet over... women's final tonight!! I kind of like watching the college women play; their strength is amazing.

Foggy here but pretty mild. Supposed to be a warm afternoon. we shall see...

I ran a fairly quick but not that energetic 6.5 miles.  Trying to figure out this week's tapering...

Happy Tuesday!

HermosaBoy

A pleasant morning in Minnesota for 3.5 miles with Miss Rosie.  Nice to see dawn starting to break on our run instead of being trapped in total darkness.

Crackers?  If it's handy it will be my downfall.  Last night while making dinner, I ate a bunch of dry roasterd peanuts because I saw them in the cupboard.  Must make it more difficult for food to be consumed...

Happy Tuesday all!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Renee the dog

Wind is calming down here after about 12 hours of "spooky" winds.  The wind after it hits a certain mph here makes the electrical lines "whooooooo" and it's really weird when it's happening without rain.  Decided to stay in so Bayside could attempt to register our new purchased-out-of-state vehicle at the DMV.  I expect to get my run in by lunchtime! Wink

My snack weakness, not the crackers, but the hard cheese to go along with it!  I'll skip the crackers, but can't pass up nibbling on some good sharp cheddar...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

it's dangerous in here today!

Rob,  maybe you could find individually  wrapped peanuts?  

half unplanned rest day.

run away!!!

half unplanned rest day.

So what are you doing with the other half of the day?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Byll - I was thinking about you and your potato chips this morning.   I remember when you gave them up last year while you geared up for a race.   You're my inspiration!!  Wink

now I just have to make it through lunch.......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

So what are you doing with the other half of the day?

Bill

eating potato chips want some? nom nom

-)

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – I feel that way about French Onion Sun Chips, and Nacho Cheese Doritos, yet they still keep jumping into my grocery cart (hey, who put that there?)

Orange Mat - that was a lot of miles yesterday, considering you had a HM the day before.  I know you already know this, but be careful.  Immediately after a long race like that is when you can be prone to injury.  Easy does it for a few days is always a good idea.

No run for me today, giving the tired legs a rest.  45 min. of P90X Shoulders and Arms and 16 min. P90X Ab Ripper, although I admit I was not keeping up very well on the Ab Ripper video.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Hello!

I get to rest today! After 6 days of running, I'm really looking forward to not taking two showers today. Big grin I have a deep tissue leg massage at noon and that will definitely be the highlight of my day. My calves are tight, my hamstrings are tight. I did some stretching and foamrolling last night also to try and loosen up a few things.

when I was a kid, I loved those Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. my grandma always had them. Not sure if I would like them anymore though - haven't bought them in years!  I like those spicy cheez-its though. mmmmm. chips and salsa are still my all time favorite though. I can make a meal on those.

Tammy

HermosaBoy

it's dangerous in here today!

Rob,  maybe you could find individually  wrapped peanuts?  

half unplanned rest day.

run away!!!

Handfuls are more fun...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks for the advice Holly, but I do have to point out that you ran a marathon and then 5 miles the next day. I ran a half marathon which would then entitle me to twice your next-day miles, but I only did 9, not 10. So ha!! Joking

But yes, I do understand what you're saying. I ran 7 today and would've probably been better off with at most 5, but I ran with a friend and that's how it worked out. Tomorrow I will definitely rest!

No chips or crackers here, we're cleaning house for Passover. Which means if we've had any in the house, they've been long gone and eaten by now!

Happy Twos-Day!