Masters Running

40+ On the Run - Stuffed to the Gills w/e 12/06/08 (Read 432 times)

I have eaten more these past four days than I think I've eaten in the last month. Put away almost a whole berry pie all by myself, and I just don't do that!! . . . . . but lordy, lordy, lordy was it good. Big grin Learned a hard lesson today. I NEW I should've listened to my instincts when I thought the mileage I had been told for some trail groupings was short. Well, guess what? I was right. I'm thinking I was close to 3 miles short each week on my long runs. I'm really bummed about it. Mostly significantly because it's going to take me longer to run my 30k than I thought. Undecided But the up side is we now have more accurate mileage for the trails. Just wish it had been done sooner. Evryday - I was thinking about you guys last night when OU and OSU were playing each other. Smile We started decorating our tree tonight. Waaaaay too many ornaments. Each year I wonder how in the world we're going to get them all on. This year, our tree isn't as wide around, so it's going to be dicey. Later!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good morning all... I hear ya on the eating thing.....mine has both drinking and eating. My family loves to celebrate get togethers and especially when I'm with my sisters we tend to go overboard. My runs have been horrible. You've still put in some great mileage Leslie....you're gonna do great. Joe's marathon was on my daughters B-day and your 30k is this Sunday Dec. 7th which is my husbands birthday! Oh no, another reason to party. Wink I have a final exam today at 2:30 in one class, tomorrow at 4:30 an exam in another class, and Wed. night I have my final speech to give. Undecided Yikes..... Have a great week ya'll! Jewels
      But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

Hi All- That stinks Leslie, at least you have it correct now. That course looks quite challenging.Can you put that link back up for the course? Jewels- Good luck with your exams! Do you get a break from school after that? Seven rainy and muddy miles yesterday in the trails. Gave our youngest his first car on Thanksgiving Day while all the family was there.We started all 3 kids off like that. Somewhere's around $2,000 for their first car,then they're on their own. A 1998 Riviera for this one and he's thrilled about it !He's a good driver so far,but this stuff still gives me gray hair!

Ultrachick

Hi Everyone! I hear you on the eating. But today is a new day so you can start over and get back on track! That's my plan anyhow-I'll let you know how it works out. I had a good holiday. Dinner on Thursday with my parents here in VT and dinner at Jack's Mom's in CT on Friday. I made arrangements for me to have my kids and we went to New York city on Saturday with the rest of the world. It was fun, the boys had fun-it was their first time there. They were tired by the time we got back to Grand Central to take the train back to where we parked the car. I have a little bit more left to school as well and I'm going to continue the journey with Anatomy & Physiology II next semester. Catch you all later! Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            Howdy, Folks - Jewels - I'm always happy to give someone a reason to party. Have a couple for me! And good luck with your exams!!!! Joe - Here's the link: http://www.othtc.com/ultra/index.htm. I don't think this is going to be any harder than Pirates Cove last March, and I'm much better prepared. And with the exception of Forest Park in Portland in May, I have yet to find a trail running event that doesn't have quite a bit of climbing. Smile This is probably going to sound weird, but I've had to give away a bunch of jeans because my thighs have gotten to big to wear them. But it's nice to know it's because of muscle and not fat! Big grin Re your kid and driving - I won't relay the horror stories my folks went through with my brother. Cripes! I was a huge breath of fresh air for them! And speaking of fat - I actually lost weight over the past few days. 4 lbs.! Confused How, I have no idea. I mean, I didn't go overboard eating, but I also haven't been denying myself either. There's very little of that berry pie left. The rest, except for a small piece, went down my own gullet - with whipped cream. Big grin Strange indeed. Later!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

FYI - There's going to be a spectacular show tonight in the sky: http://news.aol.com/article/look-to-sky-for-spectacular-sight-monday/263580 If it's better than last night, it's going to be awesome.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks for the link Leslie.....way cool! I'm sure my Astronomy Professor is laying on a blanket in his front yard right now watching. Both my daughters and hubby got to see it as well. Took a few pics..... Jewels
                But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                  Hi Kelly! We musta been posting around the same time. Sometimes it takes me awhile to complete mine. I mean, I guess they expect me work around here or something. Geez! Wink

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

It's a beautiful sight here in NW OK.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    xor

I live in Seattle. <sgt> I see nothing! </sgt> (see, this time of year is almost always overcast)

Crap! I just looked out my window here at work and it's overcast. Cry Glad I got to see what I did last night. Looked like something out of a movie. Smile Stevie Ray - Love your reference to Hogans Heroes!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Well we've switched seasons - it's back to Fog (our other season is Hot) - so no stargazing here. Leslie - I'd bet that mileage difference won't make a big difference for your 30K. Besides, you'll be powered by PIE! Jewels and Kelly - happy finals!! Just think, you get to check out a whole new subject next semester, while we poor instructors have to start over with the same ol' thing Wink Joe - you sure are bouncing back in a hurry! All those months of miles paying off again... Speaking of eating and drinking too much - Thursday with the family, WHY does the older generation think that 1/4 of the pie is a "tiny piece" ...then again with friends on Saturday night, white wine with snacks, red wine with dinner, champagne after dinner Dead nothing like "enjoying" a long run with a hangover. That'll teach me...or maybe not! Arla

Ex runner

flatland mountaineer

If it's better than last night, it's going to be awesome.
                            looks kinda like this only cooler

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

looks kinda like this only cooler
                              Yep, nice and clear here on the right coast. Quite nice. Says it won't be like this again until 2052. Hmmm,that'll make me about...93 years old. Please remind me then to look at it again!!

flatland mountaineer

Them was some purty stars last nite!! Big grin Thanks for the heads up Leslie. Wish I had a tripod for my camera as it is hard to be steady for long twilight exposures, one of the moon/planet pics I took looked like I was waving a sparkler. 4 sucky miles today, great weather or is it greta weather but that is supposed to change. Our german shepard child dog was left alone and I came in from running to find shredded kleenexes from 2 trash cans all over the floor. Hope finals week goes well for ya Jewels, Kelly and Arla too. Joe ya I was hell on wheels when I was a teen. I started driving a pickup before I could reach the pedals while my dad tossed off hay to the cattle so by the time I was legal I thought I was Richard Petty or Mario, scares me to even think of my driving then. Ev, Seems like the weather fronts hit ya about the same time as us, but if you are in NW OK you are probably about straight south of me, how far are you from Motezuma or Dodge City KS?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III