Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 12/14/08 (Read 412 times)

Hey, Holly - thanks again for doing this. Mon: rest Tue: 9.2 miles w/ 4@ tempo (7:17/mi). Pace(HR): 7:16(163), 7:22(166), 7:17(167),7:11(171) Wed: 5.1 recovery Thu: 9.3 general aerobic by feel, a little fast at 8:06/mi (tried for 8:20-8:30) Fri: 3.1 recovery Sat: 11.7 with the local running club @ 9:58/mi Sun: 4.1 general aerobic (8:19/mi) Total: 42.5

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

41.4 miles for me. Highlighted by a 13.25 mile MLR at MP on Saturday. I can't imagine doing that twice ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

DoppleBock

Spent 5 days in Mexico drinking and eating way to much. December 9th was my 1st day off in 86 days, then I took the 10th and 12th off also. I finally did a 22 miler on Sunday the 14th - My intervention run - But the damage is done - Time to reset - Score +9 pounds and 3-4 weeks to get back to where I was on the day I left for vacation. Week Dec 1-7 = 71 miles Week Dec 8-14 = 55 miles

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I've gone from bad to worse..... 0 miles running this week .... after deciding to incorporate lots of biking miles into my training (to ease the PF), I really whacked my shin on Monday getting ready for my ride..... too sore to attempt any running or walking. The only positive was I managed over 200 miles on the bike this week.
            Thanks, Holly. Dog is a 1 1/2 year old female black Lab (mix? sure, but only a DNA test will tell...) "rescued" from Humane Society shelter at about 1 year. Plan for this week was to just get in some runs (with dog) before the really cold weather hits (cold for around here, that is...) and I have to be careful on the ice. 12/8 Mon - AM 1 mile walk (w/dog); 2.5 miles easy, roads + paths ------------ PM 1.5 mile walk, 1.5 miles easy Tue - AM 1.5 mile walk; 5 miles easy, roads, paths, trails ------ PM 1.5 mile walk; 2.5 miles easy Wed - AM 1.5 mile walk; 3 miles easy ------- PM 5 miles easy, roads, paths, trails Thur - AM 5 miles easy, roads, paths, trails ------- PM 2.75 miles medium (dog in the lead), 2.75 miles easier (only run w/o dog) Fri -- AM 4 miles easy ------ PM - off (weather...cold, wet, very windy) Sat - AM 6 miles easier, longer route including fields... snow + wind ----- PM 3.5 miles easy Sun - AM 6 miles easier, snow crunchier today ------ PM 3.5 miles easy, roads, paths, trails... 22 F so ice isn't slippery. Total - 53 miles (only 50.25 for the dog) + 7 miles walk with dog
            HermosaBoy

73.1 mixed miles for the week. Should have been more, but took a few runs off for holiday parties and such. Thanks for this motivational thread and all your work to keep it going!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                  http://barefootrunner.org