Masters Running

I can not believe this is happening to me… (Read 406 times)

Wow....wow.....wow. That is a FANTASTIC accomplishment. I am SO pleased for you. You have run the race with patience for 10 years now.....and now won in age. Enjoy this victory. Did you say SALMON?....yum. Joey
    Vista

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

We are the ones who are so blessed to get to share in your joyous running adventures and Guinness-like ten year course PR. Now go out and set a first year PR on tomorrow's trail so you can come back and do it again in ten years too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

arf

MM #405

You GO Girl!! Wink Fantastic racing!!! Huge Congrats and Hugs... miss you, arf

Marathon Maniac #957

Afterwards I joined the crowd to get a free lunch of baked salmon, Indian fried bread, camas roots, and huckleberries for dessert.
          Boy am I running the wrong races... Big grin YAAYYYYYY!!!!! Great job, butterfly lady!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

Excellent Mari, well, well done....WOW Roy
              very very nice! I am so excited for you. Just imagine what you could do on a flat course with no wind! Congratulations, Mari!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

......Mari//......YOU DA MAN..... ...er..... .......PERSON........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

HermosaBoy

An AG win/prize AND a great lunch? I agree with Holly -- I gotta find races like yours. AWESOME job!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

What a delightful experience you had. I personally despise dislike racing w/ kids (they clomp too loud! as they run by me Evil grin but it sounds as though you showed em who rocks! Way to go!
                    rlemert

I like your description of the course - "down and up". Maybe you could license that as a slogan for a new Empire State Building run Big grin And don't let anyone give you grief about your avatar. I like it!

King of PhotoShop

All right, first things first. I am sorry I told you that I thought mariposai meant spider and you can stop getting even with me and put back the old avatar. Geeze! And nice going in the race too! My first place girlfriend! I like the way you handled the tactical part of the race too, making the decision not to get stuck back there with the kids. Not all runners have the meanness of Econo to hit little children with their elbows, so you did well to get out in front. Spareribs
                          Mariposai! This was so much fun to read. Congratulations on a course PR and first in your AG! I love huckleberries, we don't have them here but, when we were in your state (a little to your west)... I picked huckleberries along the trail. Yum! How fun to share in the different cultures of this world.
                          LaVita

#artbydmcbride

Congratulations!! Smile

Runners run

evanflein

Excellent job! And so nice that no children were hurt in the snaring of this course PR! It's good to line up front when faced with mobs of juveniles as their exuberance can make for a real obstacle course. You handled it well. You are running so well these days, it's so fun to watch!
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mariposa, I just clicked on a website I had saved, and realized you should see it! http://www.lamariposaimports.com/fashionlamariposa.htm I'm thinking about buying a Mexican dress from them. When I was in college in Texas, that's about all we wore, and DH wants me to get one again!