Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 11.8.14 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Keep us informed about your upcoming RD race, Slo, and good luck with the measurement and final preps.

Good luck in today's Turkey Trot, A Trackrat.

"My awnrimwnra wzcxrly

Got the house mostly ready for our guests who will be arriving this afternoon (3 of the 4 are running the Half tomorrow). I'm looking forward to DW's return later this morning. And I'll be heading out in a while for this morning's racewalking clinic. Then I'll help put up the scaffolding that will go over the finish line tomorrow, pop in on today's packet pick-up, and do a little grocery shopping on the way home. I'm trepadatiously excited about tomorrow's race. I never want to be too complacent about a race I'm helping organize: I figure if I'm too relaxed, I may be missing something. That's probably a stoopid and unnecessarily stressful way to approach it, but it's the way I'm wired.

OK, gotta go answer some more emails about the race...

Have a greta Saturday, whether you're racing, raking, moving furniture, or eating bacon!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I'm trepadatiously excited about tomorrow's race.  

This has to be the word of the day! Good luck with everything Jay - I'm sure the race will go off without a hitch.

Really behind here.  Between working elections, my job, keeping my house clean for showings and watching grandkids, not too much free time lately.

I got up this morning with good intentions to do a longer run outside, but it was 39°, raining, and winds blowing 25-30 mph. I decided the track at the Y might be a better option, though it's 14 laps for one mile and that gets real old, real quick! So only 6 miles followed with 30 minutes of weights and core work. The extended forecast for next week is horrid for this early in the season. They're predicting a big snowstorm on Monday followed with HIGH temps in the 20's. Really?? It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Not sure I can take another winter like the one we had last year. Oh well - it makes you appreciate summer that much more, right?

Good luck to all the racers this weekend. Enjoy the gift!

Mariposai

Good luck tomorrow, Jay. I am sure all will go well.

Jlynne, your days are full indeed. Are you guys selling your house?

Anyone who would like to track twocat during his Savannah marathon this morning, here is the link.

http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker/index.php?viewuser=matthewspiegel&guestpassword=NYCM2014

No running yet. I have 2 cakes to decorate, one for a baby shower, another one for the Rotary wine and cheese gala action. I will run a few miles today since I know I will be consuming a lot of calories tonight .

Go racers go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

We're all on a train heading to NYC for a big family party-by all I mean Marj, her DD, her DS, SIL and 3 grandkids. Party tomorrow and Manhattan fun today. No running but lots of walking and subwaying.

Good luck to all the racers,esp. Matt.

good luck to our RD, Jay.

King of PhotoShop

Good luck to Twocat, and have fun in NYC to the Henry's.

I ran a brisk 5.5 yesterday and needed 6 today for my 35 miles this week. I was a bit trepadatious about it because it's the week after my Half and I'm still a little tired.  But all went well, although slow.  Another 35 in the books. Wore a new pair of Nike Free Flyknit, just to see how they felt.  Light as a feather.

I have to work all day today in order to turn a project around for a client. That means poor Egret will probably end up working some tomorrow to format it. She is a genius, although the work is far beneath her skill set.  Spareribs

...Good running towcat and henry//.........

==========

38-min poolrun, no belt, deep end only

..........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

I wish I could run Jay's race!  Good luck tomorrow.

Jlynne--cold rain is definitely a free pass for gym day.

Mari--cool app but I hope it's a little inaccurate, otherwise Twocat's been zig-zagging wildly this morning.  

TW--another good PR

Easy 4.  Trying to contain any trepadocity about my twingy hip flexor.  Felt better after a couple of miles, which I took as a good sign.

Be safe. Be kind.

janie b good

good luck to all the racers this weekend!

rest day from running for me.  raked and did final yard work for 2014.  always sad to take in the tiki torches.  but soon i'll be putting out xmas lights!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mariposai

A big hug and congrats to twocat on his BQ this morning.  What a great race he had.

Congrats to Mrs Twocat also on her PR in the half marathon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Final time 3:38:16.  That is a BQ with 1:44 to spare.  Happy to be done!  Now to get lunch!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Final time 3:38:16.  That is a BQ with 1:44 to spare.  Happy to be done!  Now to get lunch!

Congrats!

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Well done, Twocat!

Jlynne, that's 84 laps? I'd be dizzy... that is a short track, but you're right: rain and wind are pretty much deal killers for a run that's not a race.

This is so exactly what DH does when I'm away.  With pizza.  The reason we get concerned is b/c of how y'all stand in front of the fridge asking: "Honey, where's the _________?"   and the sought-after item is usually fairly observable, albeit one might have to move another item or two to remove it.  

Amy, I couldn't have said it better. I always say "Everything can't be right in the front!" but it doesn't help. But I must say, on one of my recent trips, he did a full dinner for our MIL, DS and GF and even cleaned up afterward!

Tramps, I hope your hip feels better soon. That can be an annoyingly aggravating thing, but sometimes it goes away and you realize a few days later, "Hey, it doesn't hurt anymore!" (or am I the only one so clueless...?)

Sorry about the unpleasant forecast for some of you this weekend and week ahead. But really, it's not that bad... (says the girl who is having an absolutely gorgeous November that will continue for the next week or so...). I'll get out for a run later. This has been a very busy week at work with meetings, travel, deadlines, etc. Felt so good to sleep in a bit this morning!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations Twocat!  Very nice job.

Good luck, tomorrow, Jay.

I really hope your hip feels better, Tramps.

Did tet do a marathon in a thong, today?

Has anybody heard how wildchild did?

Well, I went and met another RA friend, this morning, and didn't have to fly across the country to do it.  SubDood and I ran 12.7 miles around 3 lakes in Minneapolis.  We had set out to do 10 (miles not lakes) but when we got to the end, he said, "Do you want to go around the lake one more time?"  Absolutely!  I guess I didn't bug him too much because he treated me to coffee afterward.  I had a great time and can't wait to run with him again.

Okay--I gotta go.  Granddaughter birthday party and some time with Eric.  See ya!

Oh--hey Erika--I thought I heard Alaska was going to get with with a big storm.

C-R

WTG twocat!

We had the USATF National XC Championships in town and our team finished 5th in my age group (40+). There were some fast teams and runnes. What a great day to watch and run. I set a new course PR but was way back in the pack which was ok. Wanted to help us get more points but that will happen next year.

Now for some family time and relaxations from a big travel week.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Twocat, congrats on the BQ and congrats to MrsTwocat on a half PR.  C-R, great job for you and your team.

Nice long runs for Holly and Mike (with SubDood).

This morning, it was a bit yucky.  The temp was in the mid 30s, there was a wind, and there was a light mist/rain with a few stray snow flakes.  I got in 5 miles at an 11:19 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS