Masters Running

Room for another old fart? (Read 320 times)

Go Pre!

OK, I am not that old. But I fit the bill. Wink Oh, is it ok to use smilies here?

Welcome youngster!

A former Torontonian here.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

TammyinGP

all smilies and acronyms are welcome.

it's jtwwli. Big grin

Welcome to the forum. . . .or should I say "enter at your own risk" . .  Joking

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Really?!  I'm no longer the new guy?!  Woo-hoo!  Yes, welcome!

HermosaBoy

Welcome Dave!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Marathon Maniac #957

Daddyo!  Come on in!  The water's fine....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Welcome.

TomS

evanflein

Welcome to MM 1166! And a mere youngster, really.

Post early and often and tell us a bit about yourself!

--mm685

Slo

Welcome to the Masters...great bunch here.

--MM NOT

Toronto, eh?  I guess you've got plenty of free time this Spring, what with the Maple Leafs already playing golf. Evil

(Go Caps!)

Welcome. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Maniac 505

Welcome from   MM 505

...welcome aboard Daddyo//.........so what got you Running????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

#artbydmcbride

Daddyo!!   Smile

Runners run

Renee the dog

Welcome!

MM 2387

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Go Pre!

Ya, I forget I am MM #1166 sometimes. See, my old age is messing with my memz!

For those who know me not, I am 43, running since I was 37 because i got 'wide' and tired of feeling crappy. Down to 190ish from 240ish.

Boston next week will be my 2nd time there and 22nd marathon. I'd run more if I had the time and funds. I love to run and travel so eventually I will get thorough all of the provinces and states. I still have to tend to a 17 yr old girl and 10 year old boy (22 yr old boy has moved out) They keep me motivated .They're all runners with the 10 year old  just recently setting his 5k pr of 20:45, so he''s not far behind me! Daughter's in last year of HS in 19 minute 5k shape. 

Mrs Daddyo runs too although fighting a bum hip but she keeps at it.

I also am starting to get into Trail Running and really liking it. a few trail races are lined up for this year including 25, 50 and 56k events.

Been on Running Ahead since it's inception and come and go as far as chat goes but I have always logged my runs here.

Oh ya, I am handy with Photoshop as some of you already know Wink