Masters Running

Run for Brinkley today...Oct. 27 Daily (Read 419 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just getting ready to take Brinkley in for surgey and to talk to the surgeon to make sure the risk is not too great due to the heart worm. Slept in a little bit, but my eyes were all crusted shut this morning.....what is up with that?? {{{{Hudson}}} is also having surgery today too.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

oh Mary, I hope it works out!!!    headed out to run for Brinkley.    will keep you both in my thoughts.   

Hudson too!

New skirt in town

Shorty-short run this morning for Brinkley!  Just 2.5 miles on the treadmill, still feeling stiff and uncoordinated after my marathon. 

{{{Brinkley}}}

{{{Hudson}}}

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I know how you feel, Robin. 

Hugs to Brinkley and Hudson on their synchronized surgeries.

No run this morning.  Just a lifting session and some stepperfication, followed by some deep breathing and achilles massaging in the gym sauna.  The achilles feels a little better than yesterday.

Carpe diem.

mrrun

(((Brinkley and Hudson and parents)))

3 miles outside at 4;30 finishing as the rains started.  Thought about all you early morning runners - don't think I could do this every day!

Marj

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning...

I ran last night, but wishing the very best for Brinkley and Hudson Smile Mary, being normal is all relative...my brothers are as goofy as me - LOL

Happy your achilles is feeling better PBJ, but.........let that thing heal up if ya can

Hiya Deb....have a great run

Robin, those marathons can stick with a person....do you have another one planned ? As if one isn't enuff !

My date night went well..........no mishaps - blunders - miscues - sex Big grin

My date asked how my run went last night, and I told her.......I looked so good running - that I made my own self look bad - HA. Hey, that would be pretty cool for a running shirt quote Smile

8 super dooper ez miles in the rain last night, and my legs felt remarkably good considering my high mileage as of late.

Date with the other gal tonight...........carb loading. Must admit tho, keeping their names straight is tough...and I did almost mis-text last night before going to sleep. I texted...thanks for the nice night, and the hug and kiss was nice. I bout sent that to the other gal that I have not hugged or kissed yet - oh my Roll eyes . Don't think I could humor my way outta that one..........

Did someone say............COFFEE !

Have a great day...

TimBo.........why do girls always call me Timmy I wonder ?

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

You're playing with fire, Timmy.  'Course we would expect nothing less.  Wink

Best of wishes for the pet surgeries.

My back/hip/leg is not letting up.  I've been running 2 to 4 miles every other day, trying to get back at it - nothing at all on the in  between days - and I'm aching all day after running.  Can barely stand to drive.  Gettin' bummed.  Just like last year, I'm in terrific running shape, and my back starts acting up right as racing season starts down here.  Boo.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

coastwalker

Good luck to Brinkley and Hudson today! And good luck to Timmy for other reasons...

No workout yesterday or today (sorry Brinkley) - getting home from meetings at 11pm makes getting up at 4 for a workout not such a good idea. It is also not a good idea to be missing workouts a few days before a race, but life is like that sometimes.

The good news is that our race on Saturday sold out, and that it looks like I'll have decent weather for my half on Sunday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Great news Jay! and yes, the weather looks better in NE on Sunday. Snow in the forecast here tonight, but the temps aren't dropping quite as quickly as forecasted so we'll see.

Just back from taking Hudson to the vet. I am guessing he won't go bounding in there the next time! Good luck and healing hugs to Brinkley and thanks for all the Hudson vibes. He kept looking for his food dish this morning---poor dude.

Ran 9.5 miles at 5 am with Tri-guy---cold rain, but good company and good pace. I'll hit 3,000 running miles for the year real soon and my legs are feeling it! All good though and bring on that taper!

((((Bill))))

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

I'll have to lift for Brinkley, today, since I ran last night.  Perfect night to run, by the way.  50o with little wind.  I ran 8.2 miles in 1:02:04.  An easy run that didn't feel so easy.

Opie--the Washington Senators came up here to the Twin Cities--they're called the Twins, now, for some reason...

Ribs--you really should have taken a jacket on your run, yesterday.  You probably would have gotten a little warm after awhile but--no big deal--you could just tie your jacket around your waist.  And--don't get too comfortable with a 3 to 2 lead.  I remember a couple of Twins teams who were down 2 to 3--brought it back home--and became world champs.  Yeah--that would be those Senators Twins in 87 and 91. 

Okay--gotta go.  A lot of  "stuff" going on at work. 

Jlynne

My back/hip/leg is not letting up.  I've been running 2 to 4 miles every other day, trying to get back at it - nothing at all on the in  between days - and I'm aching all day after running.  Can barely stand to drive.  Gettin' bummed.  

Bill - maybe it's time for some medical intervention? You have all the symptoms I had last spring and the MRI showed a herniated disc.  I had no idea as the pain didn't seem to be anywhere near my back but it's weird how the nerves in the spinal cord can wreak havoc with the rest of your body. The pain going down my leg when I tried to drive was unbelievable. You might want to get it checked. Just my two cents worth.

Hugs to all the doggies undergoing surgery today.

Spareribs - that's wishful thinking going to Chicago at the end of October without a coat Big grin

Skip - have you tried Ben and Jerry's new flavor "Svetty Balls" yet? It's supposedly a take-off on that SNL skit with Alec Baldwin but I guess a lot of stores aren't stocking it because of the name. It has chocolate covered chunks of rum balls in it.

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy. What are we going to do with you?

3 miles without stopping to walk this morning! Woo Hoo!! First "long" run since surgery. I did a total of 8 miles with some walk breaks but managed the first 3 without having to stop and walk. Snails pace of 10:28 but hey - it's getting better Smile

..untimed RCNG run for brinkley//..........cold and drizzly......

but

it WAS a streetrun.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Jay, glad to hear that you will have good weather for your half marathon, enjoy.

{{{{Brinkley and Hudson}}}} and their mommies, too.

{{{{{{{{{{Bregarcito}}}}}}}}}}}}}, like jlynne said, find some medical advice! 

No running for Brinkley yet, but I will tonight. It was 22f this morning and I did not want to bundle up for just 2 miles in the cold. I know, I will eventually have to get used to running in the cold again, but not today...Blush.

Carolyn, I wish you good luck with your insurance company. I am glad your DH is well.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maddy gives Brinkley and Hudson big puppy kisses.

Mike, I hate to be a know-it-all but the Senators came to TX in 1972. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TEX/  The reason I know this is because of when I learned about Walter Johnson, who pitched for the Senators '07-27.  He had fun because he remembered it's a game.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Bill - maybe it's time for some medical intervention? You have all the symptoms I had last spring and the MRI showed a herniated disc.  I had no idea as the pain didn't seem to be anywhere near my back but it's weird how the nerves in the spinal cord can wreak havoc with the rest of your body. The pain going down my leg when I tried to drive was unbelievable. You might want to get it checked. Just my two cents worth.

Jlynne, there's no question I have two compressed disks.  I've known that for a long time.  I hate to spend money to have a Dr. tell me what i already know.  I just keep hoping this episode will subside soon.  Maybe a few anti-inflammatories will help.  They did last time, but I don't like taking meds of any kind.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong