Masters Running

Run for Brinkley today...Oct. 27 Daily (Read 419 times)

Does The Brinkster have to wear the Cone of Shame?  Poor baby.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

2 miles dedicated to Brinkley. Just running on the 'mill.

Pulled together my new plan to get me through 'till January.  I wish I could write it in stone.  It's written lightly in pencil. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

ps, 3.5 miles of trails today. Got out between rain/snow showers. It always works that way. I think God loves runners.

I like running in a light rain, and I got to do that this evening.  My iPod has been on a surf theme the last couple of days while shuffling through up near 100 songs.  Yesterday it was playing the Beach Boys and I was actually wearing my Surf City Marathon shirt (one of my best) but today a different shirt and it was covered up with the Brooks Nightlife jacket.

5 miles and I felt like I could have run much further.  Maybe because my RHR was unusually low today, 43.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Nono, all my training plans are written in pencil! Glad to hear you have a plan!!!

tsunami, yes, I agree with you...God loves runners!!!

So, I came home ready to go for a run, but I think I am starting an ouchie on the outer right side of my ankle (calcaneal tendon, I think), so I had to be a good girl and not run today. I shall see how the ouchie feels tomorrow. I am sure Brinkley and Hudson know all about ouchies and they will forgive me for not running for them today.

So, after ditching the run, we drove to the school gym to workout, but it was closed Roll eyes because it was parent teacher conference. The gym closes when the school closes. Oh well....a total day of rest for my wings!

Now that tselbs is back I better rest up to I can do some great workouts to on the "coveted tselbs lists"

Tamster, thanks girlfriend. I needed that. Love you right back. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Our high school's boy's cross country team won their section meet. today.  They're going to State!

I'm really happy for them.  Their coach is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. 

Okay--that's really all I had.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nono, all my training plans are written in pencil! 

Mine're in invisible ink.

Welcome back Brinkles. Take care.

today's golden goddess award: dg's !st AG our of eight runners.  Wow!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Mariposai, take care of that ouchie... it's not like you to get hurt. {{{rest day hugs}}} You get 'em too, ya know.

Carolyn, any chance your homeowners policy would cover the loss?

I can't believe it's Thursday and this is my second run for the week! Oh well. The movie was great, and I'll watch it again on DVD, too. Today after work, I did the run I was going to do yesterday. So today was Wednesday's run, and tomorrow will be Thursday's run. I'll just throw out Friday's run and be right back on schedule for the weekend. More or less. I wanted to do something like intervals, and always like to read about Lamerunner's workouts. I sure couldn't do 2,000 m at some faster pace (just feeling fat and tired these days), so decided on half mile repeats. It went like this:

1.5 miles @ 8:49
                1.5 miles @ 8:34
                3 x .5 mile @ 8:00 w/ .25 mile recovery @ 8:49
                3 x .5 mile @ 7:30 w/ .25 mile recovery @ 8:49
                3.5 miles @ 8:34 to finish

I was going to do 4 of the 8's, and 2 of the 7:30's, but lost count and started the 7:30 repeat too soon. Figured what the heck, I'd just go with it. That last 7:30 was hard, but I got it done. The last 3.5 miles were easy enough, just listening to the end of a Rachel Maddow podcast from last week.

Oh, this was a gym day, too. 2.6 miles on the elliptical and 10 minutes of abs/core stuff at lunchtime.

Marathon Maniac #957

... another 5K.... I did get first in AG but only 8 in it

Hello?  Hello?  1st in AG?  But only 8 in it, you say?  Jeesh, Dg, I'm lucky to get 1st in AG when there's only one in it.....Roll eyes

Nice Racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

Congratulations Mike!  Centennial really stepped it up this year!!!

Here is a picture of the Chanhassen Boys (Section Champs) and Girls (Section Runner Ups) who are going to state as well.  Big grin

CamScam is the short one standing in the back with the longest hair...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

COOL!  Congratulations!  We had one girl qualify, too.