Masters Running

Friday January 16 Only-9-Weeks-Till-Spring Runs (Read 436 times)

TammyinGP

I think we had a day or two where it got down into the teens here. . . .Roll eyes Right now we are around the upper 30's/low 40's during the day, but it's that damp foggy coldness which makes it feel much colder than that. But I'm not complaining. And only about an hour away, at the coast, it has been in the low 70's. How in the world can it be 40 degrees warmer at the Oregon Coast, which is typically colder and windier? No fair I tell ya! {Getting out my Timmy-voodoo-doll and removing needles to unhex the cold}. You should be feeling better soon Tim. Wink Tomorrow a.m. is the Frostbite Run 10K. I'm sure I'll be cold, but not frostbitten. Heading to the gym at lunch time for a few ez miles. Go Ravens! Big grin

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tonights plan is a 2 mile warm up......2 x 10min at 10k pace and 2 mile cool down.
      Just curious - how much recovery between the 2 x 10min at 10K pace?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Whew, I magically feel better....Thanks TamsterSmile....actually, I do feel a lot better as the day goes on Cool TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

Well Craneium, that's a bit more encouraging news. Thanks for letting us know. For those of you who have your TM in the garage and have to run there on cold days, a good idea is to keep all the doors tightly shut to keep the cold draft out, and then turn on the engines of both your cars to get some warmth in there. The best part about doing this is that you won't have to worry about posting your run later on. (And for those who occasionally take me seriously, please disregard the above paragraph.) Same run today as yesterday, 2.5 slow, then 2 easy: 9:03, 8:46, followed by stretch and core at the Y. Feeling pretty good. It was high 20's and still. Ran in shorts and it was fine. When we're in the 20's that is very cold for us but nothing like what some of you endure. Spareribs
            There is something not right with me, Ribs garage tm advice gave me a full belly laugh, thanks Ribs. With the engines running I could probably do a healthy dose of a predetermined number of intervals at a predetermined pace. Carolyn, I am happy for you running in shorts today, enjoy for those of us who can't.

The Jogger

Afternoon Gang What was it ''train don't strain'' I thought of that today on my longish hilly trail run, Woody done it too and he has slept most of today aaah Anyway: 10.25m @ 11:13 pace AHR 152 Deb 09:47 recovery, you're getting quick girl. Good Runs All Roy
              TammyinGP

Whew, I magically feel better....Thanks TamsterSmile....actually, I do feel a lot better as the day goes on Cool TBo
                don't underestimate the Power of the Tamster Tongue ok, on an unrelated note . . . I have a Garmin 305 in my basket at Amazon and the price went down to 164.99 from 206.00 . . . to buy or not to buy??? ahhhhh, I want it, but that still seems like so much money for something that I don't really NEED, ya know??? Confused

Tammy

Slo

Just curious - how much recovery between the 2 x 10min at 10K pace?
                  1 min active recovery........Active meaning......No walking. So it's kinda like a classic Tempo run (a little faster) with a little break.
                  evanflein

Tammy, buy it! That's a great price and you'll love it. Geez, Perch. Did you leave anything in the closet? You'd think you were dressing for -14, not +14!! Suck it up man, get out there and run. Craneium, I hope your dad has an uneventful recovery and not too many lingering problems from his stroke. Seems like some people recover very well, others don't. I hope your dad will be ok. You guys enjoying that cold front I sent down? I was really tired of it. You can start complaining about it when you've had it non-stop for 3 weeks, ok? I'm happy to say we survived 3 weeks of sub -30F temps with no frozen pipes, no frostbitten parts and no furnace issues. Yeah! Many of our friends and coworkers weren't quite so lucky. DH did have the seal go out on his pickup's front differential, but that was probably going to happen sooner rather than later anyway. Today's a non-running day for me usually, but I'm itching to run. Errands to run at lunch though so it'll have to be later. I might head out from home for a couple miles and try different socks. I think the Smartwool socks I've been wearing (overkill for the warm temps we're having) don't fit well in my new Brooks shoes and I've got a sore toe. Other than that... all systems Go!
                      Well, it was a relatively balmy 18 degrees here this morning, with lovely 15 mph winds from the NW. Perch, you really did overdress! I wore tights, a long sleeved tech shirt, a jacket, hat and gloves. The only thing that was cold was my hands. I need some warmer running gloves for days like today. Five easy miles at about an 8:00 pace. Tim, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope Tammy's hex removal does the trick. Craneium, good to hear that your Dad is recovering. I hope that he makes a speedy recovery from the stroke. Roy, that was a very nice long run today. Stay warm folks!

Once a runner . . .

#artbydmcbride

Good job by you and your Woody, Jogger! Rest well now. Smile Its a chilly 78 degrees here right now, but for my run last night it was 6 miles in a brisk 75 degrees.

Runners run

Tammy - I got mine at TopChoiceDigital.com for $145. I don't know if they still have them at that price, but you could contact them and see. No run today as I am feeling really bad. Cry Am basically waiting for my doc to get out of surgeries this afternoon so I can go to the ER and MAKE them doing something about this. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I'll be a new woman. Later ~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Out at 60 degrees this morning for a scenic 5 miles around morro bay. it's birding w/e here, so we saw many birders with their equipment and very warm clothes. pics to follow in a few days when we have a usb connection and back in the deep freeze.Cool

Marathon Maniac #957

Its a chilly 78 degrees here right now, but for my run last night it was 6 miles in a brisk 75 degrees.
                              Will somebody please whack that woman with a wet noodle? Evil grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Come on Tammy. Join the Geek Crew. Buy it! Geek Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong