Masters Running

Windy Wednesday, June 15 (Read 447 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning! I went out for an untimed 3 this morning as I left my Garmin at work yesterday. Jelly belly has a great new family, and two more pups leave tonight, but they will be local so I warned that I may be visiting! DH just took off for a long weekend fishing trip on Lake Erie, so it's just me and the dogs for a few days....oh, yeah, the two cats too. Have a Greta day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Jelly Belly... makes me smile

No wind here, just IRC 55°

10 miles GA in 1:22:32 (8:15) with 1.5 wu, 7 mile progression, 1.5 cd  felt great

The progression part was 7 laps of 1 mile park trail (asphault).  A large group started a Biggest Loser style workout. Stretching, stepping, some running, some hills, some excercises.  I just ran the whole time and longer burning those 120 Cal per mile.  Keep it simple I say Wink

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Nice to see lots of folks popping in yesterday…Ribs, OM, Divechief, Paul…

VIP Porta Potty?  That’s funny….and yet practical.

Carolyn—650 feet in a half mile?!  Was climbing gear involved?

I think this is the last day of our cool and comfortable spell.  I’ve been loving it.  Easy 5.4 today.

Go Bruins!

Be safe. Be kind.

HermosaBoy

Morning -- 4.4 WET DOG miles with Miss Rosie today.

I have always said that I don't mind rain as long as you take the first step without rain.  Unfortunately, that was not the case today.  Raining pretty much all night and it took a lot of will power for me to step into it.

Splish splash -- the dog needs a bath...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

''The Exercise:

Hands up around ears (the arms should be higher out of the water, but I can't do that right now), for 1 minute, "run" as fast as possible.  A "churn" (my word) is L/R (like you would count your cadence).''

fatozzig

.....w0w...........that is one TOUGH workout,

and here I thought Splashing Delicately around for 30-min was tough......

time

to dig out

that Anvil

to hang around my neck..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Good Luck Tamster!  Rock that thang!

Last night we had our first big thunderstorm and it was a doozy - even by our standards.  The rainy season of H&H was about 3 weeks later than usual getting started, but it has started up in earnest now.

Getting ready to fly out to Utah early tomorrow morning.  I must say this last week before a Relay is nothing like what I usually experience the last week before other Races. I'm just as calm as can be. And that is not like me during race week.

However, I am slightly stressed and overwhelmed by work right now, as I try to finish things up before heading out for the Relay:

Trying to finish up a big Development project at Job #1.

Trying to fathom what the heck certain European companies want to purchase with their bizarre PO's at Job #2.

And now trying to work through organizing our House Rental business at Job #3.

Sheesh. And I'd *really* like to retire someday ...

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Retire?  What's that?

There was a substitute spin instructor this morning.  She changed it up on us.  Coupled with a lifting session that used different weights than normal, my body had no clue what was coming next.  Those are the best exercise mornings.

Tonight is rookie league (3rd and 4th graders) baseball playoffs.  PBJ Jr. will be out there.  All the PBJsters will be cheering him on.

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn—650 feet in a half mile?!  Was climbing gear involved?

Tramps - nah, that's only like a 25% grade.  I was thinking about your advice from a few days ago that hills are all mental and you can run up anything if you take it slowly, but I decided that advice doesn't really apply here.  Joking

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Retirement is the joke around my house since my DH will be eligible to retirement in 5 years, while I think I will work until I am 100 just because. I have a dream of starting a literacy program overseas after I stop working for money.

Mary, have fun home alone! Pamper yourself.

hermosaboy, does Rosie enjoy running in the rain?

Twocat, , Coolcalling the universe. BTW, I talked to Mr. Sun today. He said he is planning to shine in CT early next week. So don't worry, the sun is coming your wait. You just have to be patient!!!! ROFLMAO

Lovely sunshine morning around here. The early morning breeze felt so good on my bare skin. 6 easy miles on my favorite easy loop. I tried to run in the middle of the road to avoid the CAMBER of the road.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Like Paul said, an excellent run last night.  Wildchild, could you please come over to Utah and run this leg for me?

Paul, you can see I exaggerated the elevation above sea level when I told you about it.  It's only about a mile high.  I will follow your advice and will not run the free 5k this evening.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi all. I had a nice 6 mile run this morning, consistent 9:46 pace, just like old times. Wink Almost feels like how I was struggling at the start of last summer to try to find my groove, before I broke through my mileage ceiling. I'll take that as a sign that I'll be back to it soon enough. Gotta stay positive, right?

There were puppy pictures yesterday, weren't there? Always a good day to come around here if just for the puppy pics.

Leslie is off the crutches and Twocat is starting to run again soon, am I correct? All good things... and Byll isn't nervous about his relay, that's excellent. Funny, I don't remember if I was nervous either. I must've been, if I can't remember, because that's what happens to me in times of stress; I sort of get fuzzy with the details at the time and don't remember much afterward. I guess that's why I don't do race reports Sad

I have PT later this morning and work a couple hours in the store this afternoon. I'm already dressed for work: black Nike running skort, pale blue LLBean short-sleeve ultralight top w/built-in SPF protection (discontinued a couple years ago, boo) and my brand new Nike Lunar Eclipse+ in turquoise. These are the first running shoes I've ever felt more comfortable in without my orthotics. Haven't tried running in them yet, but to stand in all day in the store, they feel fabulous. This morning's run was in a brand new pair of Brooks Ghost 3 that I had bought and put aside when I first fell in love with that shoe. Can't wait to see what the Brooks rep brings next week!

Happy resting and running, whatever's your pleasure, to all!

MTA: Hills! I used to love hills.... before Ragnar, that is. I think I can get to liking them again, thanks to my selective amnesia... Big grin

lamerunner

Good morning! Not much wind here and the sun is actually out. Might break 70 today for the first time in many days.

Easy 6.5 this morning. Body felt the brisk run and tempo swim of yesterday. Played some basketball with DS last evening too.

Jelly Belly is cute, must be hard parting with him, but a good family is some consolation. We visited our neighbor who was away on a contract PT assignment for several months.   She came home  with 5 cats, mother and 4 kittens ( took in a female stray who turned out to be with kitten...).  The kittens are adorable! We already have three cats though and I don't think we need another. ...

Nice runs for Perch and Tramps. I envy the Ragnar Utah people; that sounds like fun.

HermosaBoy

hermosaboy, does Rosie enjoy running in the rain?

Rain?  I don't think she even noticed it.  Other than the fact that there weren't any others out for her to try to race...

Although, not sure she was too happy getting toweled down when we got home.  Phew -- wet dog.  Tight lips

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Henrun

IRC this morning-mid 60's and the sun is out again. Felt lousy yesterday-started out for a run-but felt so bad I circled the parking lot (1/10 mile) and headed back in. Today a cold developed but I was able to run an easy 4 and felt my energy had returned.

Remember-"hills are our friends"-plenty of them around here. Years ago I ran the Mt. Washington road race (8 miles straight up)-don't think I could do that anymore-but I do like 'rollers'.

Since Bill mentioned relays. Last night I was at a book club and one of the men there (about my age) talked about running the Plymouth Rock to Provincetown relay (80 miles) about 30 years ago. It didn't last many years because of traffic problems. I ran a leg of the relay-probably at the same time he did.

King of PhotoShop

OM, that's about the pace I run.  Why, we could run together!  Not that you would want to, but just sayin...

Dive, very astute comment about the 5 lb. weight swing on carbs.  Lost 6 lbs the first week and that is certainly where it came from.  Great point.  Mariposai, maybe I will start a thread about this.    Spareribs