Masters Running

Saturday, July 7 Steamy Runs (Read 366 times)

Great pics Ribs and OM!!

I ran 4 miles this morning in Philadelphia - ran the Rocky stairs too!!  So fun!!  Now we are in Virgina Beach - well, a little south and LOVE the house we are renting.  So excited to have this relaxing week with our friends!!

Stay cool my friends!!

denise

Great pics by Ribs and OM.

OM - I'm glad your run ended up being a good time (with the exception of the bathroom issues - but WOO HOO! re clean and stocked facilities!).

Holly - The concert with your daughter sounded like a fun time.  Good luck with the slumber party.

Last night had a nice 6 miles after work.  Today, had a terrible 18.60 miles.  I've had in the back of my mind for some time that it was not a good idea to quit running in the Community Forest.  It's a prime place to do hill running.  Today proved my point.  The Forest chewed me up, spit me out, then ground me into the trail with its heel.  Between the dead legs and the stomach issues, it totally sucked.  I ended up at Mile 12.50 moving down to the marsh (flat) to finish up, but the bad time continued down there, as well.  Even ended up briefly crying at one point. Roll eyes  Just had a really hard time ingesting anything, and I had cotton mouth really bad the entire day.

It boggles me that things went so well over Memorial Day Weekend (almost 70 miles total), and now I've had two crappy Saturday runs in a row.  I've been thinking on it, though, and I'm pretty sure part of it is my nutrition/hydration in the days leading up to the run.

Two weeks ago, my confidence level to do okay at Mt. Hood was high.  With the issues of the last two weekends, my confidence level is in the toilet.

Tomorrow 15.5 instead of 14 as I need to make up for not getting to 20 today.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie - so sorry about the sucky run.  Hope tomorrow makes up for it.

Holly – sounds like you and your DD had fun at that concert!  I love the spray bottle idea.  Hope she has a good b'day party!

Opie – enjoy the weekend visiting your DD!

Erika – hope your parents adjust to the new place okay.  My in-laws are doing the same thing, but the place they’re moving to is a townhome at a retirement place, so it’s pretty big.  Still, a big step for them.  My DH is still there helping them pack stuff, but he’s coming home tomorrow.

Craneium, glad your calf is better – sorry you were on the DL while I was in your neck of the woods!

Ribs - nice race with Riblet.  Seems to be a common theme around here about how everyone loves to run with their kids!

Nice group run, OM!  I think I would have opted for the nature stop myself.  So, are you on K’s mailing list now, or don’t you know yet?    Wait – if you’re not, I don’t want to hear about it!!  Joking

I picked up my dogs from my sister's house in Wyoming, and drove home through some crazy thunderstorms!  There were rocks bouncing down from the cliffs in Boulder Canyon, and rockfall all over the highway.  Yikes!  Lots of lightning, but it was raining so hard I doubt any new fires could have started. I was behind a Boulder County Parks truck that stopped a couple of times to clear boulders off the highway -- I don't think I would have gotten out of the truck in a rockfall zone!!   One boulder was so big several guys in passing cars got out to help move it off the road.

I only did a 2.5 mile run in Laramie with the dogs before I started driving home, and the storms were too strong to run when I got home.  I'm planning to run early tomorrow, because more thunderstorms are in the forecast.  But very grateful for all the rain we're getting.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I don't know what it is about these Scandanavian authors but I enjoy any crime/murder mystery/thriller/police procedurals written by them.  I was so sad when i finished all of Henning Mankell's books, then the Stieg Larrson books, but two weeks ago I discovered Jo Nesbo and I am in absolute awe how good this guy is.   This has nothing to do with anything BTW.  Spareribs

Ribs- There's Asa Larson, a really fine Swedish writer who writes mysteries. Good stuff.

Interval workout this evening, bringing me to 45 miles for the week. An easy 10-miler tomorrow, early.

SteveP

That's a heck of a picture Ribs.

OM, your hair is top notch.

Two hours out on the trail with DW and the mutt.  The entire family was over for dinner. Our grandson wanted to get into the kiddie pool we use to rinse our feet before climbing into the above ground pool. I coaxed him onto the ladder solo. The down a few steps into the larger pool. He didn't want to try touching bottom though I told him he could. At one point, I asked Noah, "When's the last time I told you something that wasn't true?". He shouted, "Today!".He did get all the way in though. After doing karate on Grampy and flipping him over a few times, Noah grabbed the ladder and held himself while kicking with his legs and trying to swim. I Life is good.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

now I've had two crappy Saturday runs in a row.  I've been thinking on it, though, and I'm pretty sure part of it is my nutrition/hydration in the days leading up to the run.

I totally understand this, as I think this has been the culpret for me as well.  No better last night even, since I got wrapped up in slumber party activities, didn't really eat or hydtrate correctly, and only got about 4 hours sleep.  Heading out soon for my Sunday run so I can take advantage of the relatively cool 80 degrees and 71% before the sun comes up, but I don't have high expectations for a good run. I hope yours goes better better today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."