Masters Running

Wed's 3/25 Master Runs - Spring is in the Air! (Read 476 times)

evan, congrats on the weekly mileage PR. roch, the route you posted looks a lot more interesting and exciting than the cornfields and cow pastures around Kingston. Peter, congrats to you and your wife on your anniversary. wildchild, my thoughts are with your dad and the rest of the family. Nice long runs for bike (and a great one it was), PBJ, breger, Peter, Franc, and WRFB (with intervals). This morning, the temperature was in the low 40s (good), it was windy (not so good), and there was a light rain (sprinkles, drizzles, ?) (not too bad). Unfortunately, it was one of those days when my legs were extra "dead" and my breathing was extra hard for no reason I could ascertain. I got through 4 miles before wimping out. It took a bit under 40:30 for a 10:10 pace. I do think, though, that I smoked a few couch potatos. Hopefully, I will redeem myself next time. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
    Tramps

I'm a winner--literally! Smile Just found out I got in the Mt. Washington Road Race this year. Third time's the charm. http://www.mountwashingtonroadrace.com/index.html @#*^&! Now I have to run this! Shocked

Be safe. Be kind.

As the saying goes Tramps ... "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it". Tongue (Congrats! I think ...) Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tramps, you're certifiably CRAZY!!!! Shocked
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Do you get to run it with DToce?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

I don't think so; I didn't see his name on the list. Even if he were, I'd be running way behind Dale, not "with" him! Really, this is a total once-in-a-lifetime fun run for me. No time goal. No hesitation to even stop and snap a couple pictures if it's nice. As I noted the other day, I grew up about 15 miles away. My mother, sister, and one brother are all still up there, so it'll be a homecoming race for me.

Be safe. Be kind.

I Can Go The Distance

I'm a winner today. Did my 11 mile MLR in 1:51:30-10:09/mi. IRC 54 and no wind. I did the first six miles at the track and then finished up on the streets. What really makes me a winner is that no one tried to run me over out on the road for a change. Tim: Glad to see that your return to running is going so well. Thanks for starting us out with your inspirational posts the last few days. Tramps: Congrats on getting into the Mt. Washington Race. Sounds like quite a challenge, good luck. Have a winning day everyone, Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

TammyinGP

Tramps, you seem to be a on a roll of good things happening! Buy any lotto tix lately? Working all day today - I'm determined to be uber-productive! And then my son is staying over at my parents tonight, so I have a free night. Going for a 5 mile run after work, then a yoga class at 6:30. I might even soak in the hottub this evening when I get home. Between the yoga and the hottub, I outta sleep like a baby tonight.

Tammy

Tramps, sounds like a walk in the park... Wink You don't get to run back down? Rest day, coinciding with a pouring rain day, which is like a double negative cancelling itself out.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

enkie, i like double negatives...come and run with me...it is sunny right now. did someone said hottub party???????? Shocked tramps...do we need to check your sanity? Shocked wowow that is one serious uphill battle. off from work now...just because Wink...will run on the track this afternoon and come back later to tell you the story. erika, are you all recovered from your trip? I so like Bruce's attitude about being a winner today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm a winner--literally! Smile Just found out I got in the Mt. Washington Road Race this year. Third time's the charm. http://www.mountwashingtonroadrace.com/index.html @#*^&! Now I have to run this! Shocked
                        Hey Tramps I guess I'm a winner too, I got in again this year as well. I would love the chance to hook up with you even if only briefly before the race. Your gonna love it, the recovery is instantaneous compared to a marathon! Big grin Of course the cold beers after the race are great too. Wink Today's run: 10.01 miles - 1:20:04 - 8:00 - Avg HR 135 Max HR 192 Sunny, windy & 51 degrees Started slow and eased into 6 sub 8:00 miles finishing with 3 slow miles, the legs are still feeling last Sunday's 18 miler and I have a 20 miler this Sunday so I didn't want to overdo it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Cool, just got my new Demo in. Actually, this is the New Camaro we just got in at the Dealership. There's about a 3 month waiting list here for this particular car, and we are selling them $20,000.00 over list...economy not bad for everyone obviously Roll eyes Would I look good in this Car or what....or would I make the Car look good Smile 2010 Camaro Been super busy with meetings and stuff, and hope everyone is having a "Winners Day" ( Looks like Bruce - Tramps and others most certainly did)... I can't wait for another run tonight after work Cool TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

xor

9.1 miles this morning. Supposed to do 6 this afternoon. We'll see.

No winning or whining for me today, well none if winning is related to running, anyway. No time to run, as I'm packing up at school to head to Center City Philly to have dinner with my best friend and then rehearsal of Verdi "Requiem" with the choir that we both sing with. First rehearsal with the orchestra = exciting stuff. Beautiful spring day here and, even without running, I got to spend some of it outside - with the whole rest of the school - during a water leak emergency. Didn't lose much class time, a bunch of really nice kids hung out eating lunch in my room, and got some unexpected time in the sunshine. Feeling good after last night's 6-miler. Looking forward to running tomorrow, even though it might be in the rain. Tongue Good runs, rest, recovery, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Tim, I am so glad my 14-year-old is not able to drive because THAT is what he'd be whining for all day long. Enjoy... do you get to drive it? Tramps, yeah, congrats... good luck with that. Seriously, those sorts of races can be a lot of fun if you don't have the performance goal in mind. A meet up with Bob would be fun, too! Mariposai, I'd like to think I'm recovered from my trip but I can't seem to shake this "wanna go to bed" feeling. Could be that I just jumped right into a ton of backed up work both here and at home, and the weather has been nice but the temps are cold... and it's been windy. Lots of things that make me want to whine more than I should... But it'll be ok. I am taking Friday off of work so that'll help with the catching up at home thing. Won't do much for the drowning at work thing, but oh well. I did get in a nice 6.6 mile run last night. Meant to be an easy run, but ended up with 8:29 avg pace and most of it (first 4.5 miles) was just under 8:20 pace. Ok, most of that was downhill and with a tailwind, but I'll take it. Big grin The part that sucked was the last couple of miles... uphill into the wind that made me stop and turn around a couple of times. I'd stand there huddled on the path with my back to the wind, holding my fleece gloved hands up to my frozen cheeks... Twice I had people stop their cars and ask if I was ok. I must've looked pathetic. Roll eyes Got it done though, and drained the hot water heater in the shower to warm up. Where the hell is spring, anyway??