Masters Running

Wed's 3/25 Master Runs - Spring is in the Air! (Read 476 times)

TimbO - sweet eta: I mean the car of course Big grin

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

There's about a 3 month waiting list here for this particular car, and we are selling them $20,000.00 over list...economy not bad for everyone obviously Roll eyes
      This is one reason why nobody wants to see more money go to bailing out the auto industry... Between the rain and still trying to shake off this cold, I bailed out on running this morning. Went to the rec center, did 2 on the treadmill, then worked on the strength machines for a while.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

Maine--cool! We'll definitely have to arrange to say hello. Any advice on surviving this bad boy? (It's the first time I wish I had a treadmill!) Also I have to figure out the travel logistics up and down the mountain. Should be fun. Got a late lunch run in, starting at the Inner Harbour and heading out to Ft. McHenry. Checked to make sure the flag was still there and came back. Easy 8.7 miles since I wandered around a bit, including discovering what appeared to be the Under Armour factory. ETA: Tim, 20K above sticker price! Shocked Whose buying these, AIG executives?
        The part that sucked was the last couple of miles... uphill into the wind that made me stop and turn around a couple of times. I'd stand there huddled on the path with my back to the wind, holding my fleece gloved hands up to my frozen cheeks...
        You are tough. Period.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Got 3 more miles in with Renee-- boardwalk hole is just about closed up! I am so hopeful for it to be open soon -- the work looks beautiful! This was a weird section of the boardwalk which was actually all concrete. Now it is wood like the rest of the, well, boards. Cool I love days where I do two short runs. Why is that?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

This is one reason why nobody wants to see more money go to bailing out the auto industry...
            No disrespect what so ever, ok. Smile(see, I even added a smiley face) but I can think of 82 workers here (including myself) that like having jobs right now, in an economic waste land in my area. In one of my meetings today, I learned that General Motors is going to close 1600 dealerships...think of ALLL the dear families that will affect. Thankfully for me and my co workers, this is one of the largest and most productive Chevy dealerships in Indiana. Hey, I hate allll the money being thrown around too...then the AIG fiasco. Respectfully TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Tramps and Maine, if you like Mt Washington, come out to Colorado and run Pikes Peak or Mt. Evans road race! Tramps, I checked out the website you linked to, and the winners ran it in an hour! Shocked A big spring storm is headed our way - up to two feet of snow are predicted! Today is still warm (40's) but the wind is picking up. I got out for 3.25 miles around the office complex at lunchtime. My dad's still undergoing lots of tests and his docs aren't sure yet if he needs surgery. Keeping our fingers crossed that they figure it out. It doesn't appear to be an infection but they don't quite know what's going on and think the heart valve isn't seating properly. Confused Thanks for all the well wishes!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Carolyn, I am hoping your dad will not need surgery and that all will be resovled soon. --I agree with you, let's get those fellows out to Estes--I'd do that one again if we got a group. No whining y'all, did you see Rapid City in the national news yesterday as we had a blizzard and wind gusts up to 80 mph??? Shocked Surprised Cry No We survived, is all I'm sayin' grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                evanflein

Yeah, I was really whining about my 20 mph wind gusts... Aamos is dealing with much worse. But combine my wind with 16° temps, and it felt pretty crummy at the time. {{Carolyn's Dad}} hang in there, I hope they find the answers soon. Waiting for DH to say he's done and ready to go get his truck. The noise we're hearing is a bad front differential... ok, yep this is the one that was just replaced a couple months ago! Luckily, it's still under warranty so this "re-do" shouldn't cost us anything but aggravation. Not thinking pleasant thoughts about GM at the moment...
                    Aamos has Category 1 Hurricane force winds with Snow?!?! Ouch. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hmm, I probably should not do this as I am having a hard time trying to figure out if this will violate my "no politics" in the daily vow. But, I think the AIG folks have gotten a bum rap in the media. I hear there is a letter to the editor in the New York Times today which conveys the situation from the viewpoint of one of the bonus recipients. Assuming it says what others have told me it does I would highly recommend reading it. Note, I am NOT saying AIG should or should have been bailed out. Just that the vilification of the employees is unwarranted. While I am violating my rule I will add that I also think the big three auto executives have gotten a bad rap too. But, why I think that should likely wait for a thread outside the daily. P.S. I cannot believe people are paying above sticker for a Camaro! I bought a Vette last summer and I got to say a Camaro is just no Vette!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Got 8 easy paced miles @ 9 minute pace for an 1:12:ish overall time. Had to take yesterday off for dental work so I was sluggish getting out the door but the rain stopped and the sun came out within minutes and it turned out to be a very nice mid week MLR. I have a hamstring that is bothering me and although it is not that bad I do feel it on any hills or if I speed it up to MP or above. I guess I will just do some easy running without scaling back my total miles this week and see if I can heal this up. I never know whether to stretch or not stretch this kind of thing. Confused That Camaro is pretty cool but it doesn't really look like a camero to me. Politics aside , who gets the extra $20,000.00? I would imagine the dealership not GM. I say anyone willing to give $20,000.00 over sticker price is nuts. By the way I have my old 1989 GMC pick up for sale only 293,000 miles. It starts , runs and stops. A steal for $500.00 but I'll take $20,500.00 Wink Carolyn, My best vibes going to you and your father. Not sure if I whined or not but, Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

dg.

No whining y'all, did you see Rapid City in the national news yesterday as we had a blizzard and wind gusts up to 80 mph??? Shocked Surprised Cry No We survived, is all I'm sayin' grins, A
                          phew. Amy you were front & center on the weather channel. I kept hearing Rapid City & thinking Shocked Shocked. maybe even one more Shocked. happy to see your post! Sue, poor Jesse & poor you! what is a titer to Ehrlichia? Tramps, cool!! & there's only one hill! Jlynne, I love blueberries on my cheerios. Holly, thanks for the bloomin' rose Wink nono that DMV trip earned you a rain-free race. Erika, I agree. you are tough. Today I just did pt exercises. Falling apart at the seams, it seems, at least as far as time management, but that's ok. that is just the way I like it. nope no whining here. mta.... I keep forgetting to ask, has anyone heard from Liz? (running in dc..)
                            I cannot believe people are paying above sticker for a Camaro! I bought a Vette last summer and I got to say a Camaro is just no Vette!
                            I couldn't agree with you more Twocat, a Camaro just ain't no Vette! I didn't know you bought a Vette...what a car...I'm a Vette man through and through. I bought my second one new in 2004 and wouldn't have dreamed of paying a penny more than sticker price, of course some call me "cheap" I think I'm just frugal! Wink On the other hand it is still a pretty cool looking rig....but it ain't no VETTE!!
                            xor

I drive a 2004 Nissan pickup. WOOHOO! As I mentioned earlier, I ran 9.1 this morning and I was supposed to run 6 this afternoon. Of course, I didn't... even though the weather is marvelous (partly sunny and 47 with no breeze). Hats off to all you afternoon/evening runners - I can almost NEVER do it. By the afternoon, real life has queued up too much stuff and junk.

How about a 2002 value minivan, now that says style...baby! I do like the new mustangs however....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."