Masters Running

Tuesday December 16 Master Runs and whatever ... (Read 475 times)

It was probably a dachshund.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

How could he run with a dog in his shorts?
      Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

It was probably a dachshund.
        Groan... Clowning around

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Got out just before dark for a 3 mile run with 2 half mile upticks to MP. The first of anything but slow miles in a while. I am getting close to being ready to start my spring marathon training. I just need to decide which one. I have asked for socks for Christmas so I hope my DW reads todays discussion. I have two pair right now that I think are way past due for retirement. I have to wear both pair to get the thickness of one new sock. Wink I wear my old shoes for lawn work or give them to my boys for extra usage and then once a year we have a local race that takes shoes for entry fees. I am amazed how fast they pile up though. I just looked and I have 6 pair going myself. So far I have managed to avoid the yucky stuff going around . I am the only one in my house that has not gotten it yet. Knock on wood. Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

3 miles for me this evening. I planned to do the usual Tuesday 6, but had some mild discomfort in the arch of left foot so I cut it short.....the run, not the foot. It was 20F or 266.48333 Kelvin
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            wildchild

Carolyn

... or 479.67 Rankine

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Does anyone else have this problem with too many running shoes?
                Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TammyinGP

no, mine are all lined up neatly on shelves. and no nerf football - or whatever that toy is . . . Wink

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It's all relative Stumpy! Not too many years ago I ran a marathon at 6:30 pace so I'm feeling like a slowpoke these days. Anyone have any favorite running socks? My brother wants running socks for Christmas and has not specified a brand. I'm a Wrightsocks person myself, but does anyone have a recommendation for socks they love? Meg
                    Wright Socks I swear by them double layers so never blisters..ever. You can get the "running" version (normal) or "Cool Mesh" which are thinner for summer.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hey All - Had a email from Aamos. She seemed a bit down. The lifestyle/monitoring aspects of Dan's ICD are proving to be a difficult adjustment for them but he is doing fine physically and running! She is also stressed at work. I told her folks are asking about her and she said she would try to peek in later in the week. Perhaps some well wishes on Stumpy's thread will cheer her & Dan up! Peace. Skip
                      dg.

Skip.... thanks so much. and btw.... it's so nice to see more of you around here! how are you?
                          ...btw.... it's so nice to see more of you around here! how are you?
                          Thanks! December has been a poor health month for me but I'm on the mend I think. I was able to enjoy the gift today. As Mr. Thomas says, "For this moment I am fine."
                          Mariposai

7 not so hot and not so cold miles (another Goldilocks session). 2 miles w/up; 6x800@4:05 with 1' jog and the a few minutes in the slower gear to cool down. The human body is an amazing machine. Skip, thanks for giving us an update on Aamos. I think of her and her DH often during my runs. Lovely shoes display...Tammy, I do believe you when you say you have them in order.........you perfect girl Tongue I sure hope prufusurrrrrr TwoCats is surviving final and paper grading week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Lovely shoes display...Tammy, I do believe you when you say you have them in order.........you perfect girl Tongue
                              sshhh, we won't talk about the clothes on hangars that are arranged by color - lightest to darkest. btw:love your new avatar mari.

Tammy

Love all the shoe displays! And Enke - you have a black kitty! I have 5 of 'em. It's like a sickness or something. Wink

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance