Masters Running

40's on the run...springtime is runner's high time! (Read 430 times)

Kelly - Check out CNYrunner's Eastern States RR. She'll be running at Boston as well.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

MY guess is that it went like this: Ms Boutique wench tried to avoid the situation by running away. Jewels used the "Carol" method of pursuit and tripped her up before she got out the door. Ms Boutique then returned Jewel Jr's $$. Ms Boutique then had her face rearranged. Roll eyes

Holy heck, you guys are too funny.....Wish I could really go into full detail of the conversation. It would have blown you away. My husband and I have a business of a different kind, but still.....we would never treat a customer like that. Part 2 Scenario: Ms. Boutique, 50ish, her daughter, 20ish and her mom 70ish all sitting down behind the counter. Never once got up off their behinds to rectify the situation. Arms folded, it was their way or the highway. Ms. Boutique-In my 12 years of running a business I have never had anyone return an item to ask me for a refund. Me-You sell dresses, shoes, handbags and hats and no one has ever returned an item to get their money back? You're a liar! (She's very irritated at this point and says): Ms. Boutique-Your daughter is going to have a hard time finding a dress that fits her because of her shape. She is very small up top. Me-WTH are you talking about. She's 5'ft.3" and weighs 115 lbs. She should be "small up top." (Now I'M the one fuming. So then there's silence....As I stood there "thinking", of what my options were, I thought to myself, what if this gets a little physical. So there's 3 of them against 4 of us (me, my daughter and her 2 friends). So since she was the one that brought up "body image" I have to tell you what I was thinking about HER "body image". Ms. Boutique herself could have easily SAT on both me and my daughter using "JUST ONE BUTT CHEEK" and could have smothered the two of us completely, she was THAT big. Now I normally wouldn't make fun of ones weight but she went there first so....game on. So I have 3 options now 1. Take our original dress and just leave. 2. Sit down and look thru the catalog and choose another dress, and hope and pray when it comes in that she likes it, it fits and she feels good in it 3. Hop over the counter, grab the cash and run like the dickens. Sorry to disappoint ya'll but we sat down looked thru a catalog, picked out a dress and words were never spoken during the entire time. I'm waiting to say my final 2 cents AFTER we get the dress. Should be in next week. Then I will let her know that she runs a shady and non-friendly business and cares ONLY about the sale and doesn't give a rats behind about her customers. Stay tuned for the epilogue next week.......Jewels P.S. Got in a short run after work...rains came along with major thunder and lightning so I bolted home.
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Thanks for finishing the story. I have been on pins and needles! And that lady - what a %-i-t-c-h! I'd report her to the Better Business Bureau. And kudos to your daughter's friend who called the lady on putting that "no refunds" sign right before you showed up. So I had my second PT appointment today. HO-LA CRAP-OLA!!!!!!!! I told him that if about 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (Wed) he wakes up feeling like he's on pins and needles, it's the voodoo doll I made of him and my fury against him I'm taking out on it. Wink These tough one-legged squats (like none I've done before), balancing on the BOSU - both sides, squats on the BOSU - both sides, and some other torture device on the BOSU. My legs were shaking so bad . . . but it felt good! I tell you what, by the end of this, I'm going to have legs of steel and I'm going to be a monster on the trails! Yee haw!! Big grin Big grin

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Jewels, just wanted to second Leslie's idea of reporting these folks to the Better Business Bureau. I cannot believe that a shopkeeper would treat a customer that way! You may not be able to beat them up, but you sure can out run them Big grin I'm normally one for working things out diplomatically, but anyone who would insult your daughter's figure deserves a good old fashioned butt kicking! Hey, maybe you should send them to Leslie's PT Wink Carpy 4 miles with the Katy the dog yesterday. Oh well, the dog had fun, and as we say around here, it's all about Katy!
            Progress Trumps Pefection
              Leslie, that does sound like torture but...it will have a BIG payoff at the end. Good Luck! Carol, yea, the BBB will be hearing from me AFTER I get her dress next week. Great job on your runs! Arla, I hope your back is feeling better. Mine is normal again. Just took a few days of doing practically nothing. I always seem to get non-running injuries. Messed up the shoulder cleaning tiles, messed up the back moving furniture, stepped on a bee and couldn't get my running shoes on for a few days. Maybe I'm slightly allergic to bees cause that sucker made the whole top of my foot look deformed. r2, Love the tractor. So high tech! Glad your getting in your runs when you can. You are one busy farmer! Kelly, Boston is right around the corner. Hope you have a great run and come back with such a great experience. Good luck to you! Joe, glad your back on the running wagon. That is one BIG deck you got there. Take it slow and easy and have some great runs. Have a great day all......Jewels
                Happy Hump Day! 5-mile run w/10 short hill repeats in the middle. 56:03 = 11:13 average w/best pace of 5:57 (my short hill repeats). My thighs are definitely talkin' back this a.m. Was happy to have Guns and Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle" pushing me throughr the last mile. . . . . Then it was a fast-paced power walk cool down, trying to get home before I got the ultimate "surprise." Geez. Maybe I should start wearing Depends . . . Roll eyes

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Jewels - time is on your side with this woman, besides a report to the BBB, you can also have your daughter spread the word, and of course you should write a letter to the shop informing them of your actions. Mentioning that her comment regarding your daughter's slim build is particularly unwarranted coming from someone with a BMI that places them in the morbidly obese category Evil grin Leslie - stability work for you, followed by yet MORE hill repeats? You make me feel like a couch potato. Lemme just go get the box of bon-bons right now... The back pain disappeared just as quickly as it appeared, I really think that running helped. Well, also some time flat on the floor and a touch of Vitamin I... OK, got another book for anyone interested, very funny and inspiring: http://www.transformedbytriathlon.com/ By the end she's running her first half marathon, even though at the beginning running is her least favorite sport. Send an address. Read, enjoy, pass it on (or give it to your local library). Arla

Ex runner

Lemme just go get the box of bon-bons right now...
                    Can you send a couple to me?? Or, if any of you live near a Harry & David's, their dark chocolate truffles - OMG!! When Karen and I drove through Petaluma to our trail run, we stopped at the outlet mall 'cause there's a Harry & David's there. I'd been dreaming about those truffles and the jalapeno Moose Munch. They were closing and didn't have hardly anything! I almost cried, but ended up consoling myself with a candy bar instead. Not the same, that's like comparing French fries to a salad, but I managed.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Check this out. It's really cool. www.greatquotesmovie.com

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

saltyd

Hi Everyone, We got home yesterday afternoon from Napa. It was so hard to leave that wonderful weather up there. The Napa Valley Trail event was much tougher than I had realized it would be. I knew I was in trouble when the director said in his opening/starting announcements that if people signed up for the 1/2 and realize they're not up to doing the 10K loop twice, to let them know at the end to change you over to the 10K. The beginning was almost constant up hill. It was gorgeous with beautiful trees, flowers and all shades of green. I so miss the cool weather and green. Some parts of the trail were 1 person wide, so the faster runners were sometimes challenged to pass people if they came upon them at that time. The route was very well marked. I had signed up for the 1/2 and did change to the 10K. I realized my body was in no way prepared for the hills, and sometimes muddy areas. I wanted to complete the 1/2 but made the decision I would possibly get to too fatigued and maybe injure myself. There were some stream crossings I wasn't prepared for either, but I just pretended I was doing the Mud Run and just sloshed on through when it became necessary. The water was cold, but I only got a part of my foot wet, and it was dry by the time I finished. I was very pleased at the end to find out there were coin operated showers available, as I sweat up a storm even without hills. I get some really cool salt crystals in my hair from the sweat. After taking a nice salt/sweat removing shower it was time to grab a bite to eat and hit the wineries. I hope to do this 10K again next year, and sign up for the 10K. I will also hope to find some appropriate hills to train better for it before then also. thanks to all the people at Enviro-Sports who put on this event. I'll try to download some of the pictures I took along the way and post them. If someone could give me instructions how to do that? Salty
                        Saltyd Life isn’t about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
                          Good job, Saltyd. And good for you in knowing what your limitation was instead of possibly injuring yourself. Now that you know the course, next time you'll be ready to kick some trail running butt. One option for preparing for hills (if you can't find some good ones around you) is tackling a stair climber. Anything to get the quads developed and prepared for climbing. Yes, it had a beautiful weekend for the run. It was that way all up and down the coast. Hope you got some good winery visits in. Fashion report???

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Way to Go Salty! Very smart way to run it.Enjoy yourself,know your limits,and make it to the winery in good shape! You da man! Cool

Congrats Salty! Sounds like a very challenging course. Way to go....and I hope you enjoyed the wine tasting afterwards! Can't wait to see some pics.......Jewels

jfa

Morning kids, Happy to report that I now have 3 good 5 -mile runs in this week without any complaints from my knee!! Been taking it very easy on my pace ,have not even worn a watch.Last night I felt so good that I upped the pace a bit and even did some sprints to end it. Felt great but still going to go slow for a while.Not going to get my hopes up too high,or overdo it, but I still have a month till that race...maybe..... Smile