Masters Running

Thursday -- Anyone going to start it? (Read 527 times)

HermosaBoy

I feel odd doing it since I slept in this morning...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

And I didn't feel like starting it since I only ran a short, slow 3 mile recovery run at 10 minute/mile pace.  This was planned though, because I wanted to stay up and watch last night's Heat game.  And I'm glad I did!  Go Heat!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mike E

MM #5615

And I was too scared to start it...

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

and I still don't feel very good .....

Unscheduled rest day due to one too many margaritas last night!    My DD's 25th birthday, so I had one beer with her, then one margarita with a big ass burrito (only ate half) and then another margarita.   It wasn't until 2 hours later that the TV started spinning and I had to go to bed.   It was really quite strange.     Hailey wanted to be let out at 2 a.m. - so running this morning never really became part of the equation.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...and I am not running until this evening

Feel better soon Mary! 

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--those burritos will get you every time.

Hey!  Thanks to hermosaboy, I am going to be on a Ragnar Relay team, this August!  Yep--his Minnesota R.E.D. team is putting together three teams and they're letting me be on one of them--I believe it's the "Between a Rock and Hard Pace" team.  I like that.  Yeah, so I'll be spending a couple of days in a hot van with a bunch of sweaty strangers!  How cool is that?  Thanks, again, Rob!

Jlynne

Why is everyone so timid about starting the daily? You guys have great stuff to get us going in the morning. And sleeping in once in a while isn't such a bad thing either!

Doesn't sound like too much alcohol to me Mary. I think your body is still fighting off that crud you had last week. What exactly is in a "big ass burrito" anyway? Maybe you had too many hot peppers Joking Hope you feel better today.

Let us know how the interview went OM, and what you ended up wearing. I would have gone with the running clothes to show off your toned arms and legs. They must want staff that look like they could help sell things in their store, right?

Good luck with your speech Twocat. My DH was an administrator for one of the hospitals here in town and had to speak at a lot of functions. His motto always was that people would never come up to him and say "that was a great speech - if only you had talked another 10 or 15 minutes."  I like Tom W's suggestion.

Found a great routine this morning. Started out on a run, then realized that the Y was within running distance of my new house. So I ran 3 miles to the Y, did weights and machines for half an hour, then ran 3 miles home. I think I could get used to this.

Slo

Well it's about time someone gets the door open to this place !  Thanks hermosaboy.

Another nice and easy 5 miler this morning.

We have 2 local 5k's this weekend. Both of them brand new. One I can not find any info re: the location or start time. I had picked up a flyer for it at my last 5k but can't find it...nothing online. I know what the charity is so maybe I'll give them a call.

Basement Bathroom...This is one of those projects that I'm trying to keep from turning into "A Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear". It was just a utility bathroom with a block wall shower stall. Open Floor Joist ceiling, wall mounted sink with exposed piping. Very functional except the wall was to close to the toilet. You couldn't finish the paperwork with out hitting your head so we pushed out the walls. Firstly, I haven't been moving to fast on it but last night I finally hung the last sheet of drywall and started to urethane the pine board walls. I'm still leaving the open floor joist ceiling and some of the exposed plumbing. Tonight were going shopping for tile flooring and pick up all the trim work. DS's graduation open house is June 5th so I better get going !

And take that and a nickle and you still can't get a cup of coffee.

Later all !

..jylnne//........now THAT'S a good location for a house.......

=======

...rest day.....heading over to

Y soccer fields tomorrow when it's supposed to hit 70s

.....good running guys...................and slackers.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

HermosaBoy

Yep--those burritos will get you every time.

Hey!  Thanks to hermosaboy, I am going to be on a Ragnar Relay team, this August!  Yep--his Minnesota R.E.D. team is putting together three teams and they're letting me be on one of them--I believe it's the "Between a Rock and Hard Pace" team.  I like that.  Yeah, so I'll be spending a couple of days in a hot van with a bunch of sweaty strangers!  How cool is that?  Thanks, again, Rob!

Right now you are saying thanks -- later you may be cursing me.  Wink

If you are lucky Mike, we will bring the grill again this year and have my special fish tacos at the finish...

Rob

jtv

Slo - have fun with the bathroom project

Mike and Rob - the relay sounds like a lot of fun.

No running for me either this am (as planned).  Just 20 mins of stretching.

Finally caught the neighborhood feral cat last night that has been having dinner on our front porch for the last several months.  He wasn't a happy camper!  He's on his way to get shots/snipped as we speak.  Have to pick him up tonight after work. 

Enjoy your day everyone.

HermosaBoy

Finally caught the neighborhood feral cat last night that has been having dinner on our front porch for the last several months.  He wasn't a happy camper!  He's on his way to get shots/snipped as we speak.  Have to pick him up tonight after work. 

You are picking the cat up???  Are you adopting him?

Rob

jtv

You are picking the cat up???  Are you adopting him?

Rob - no.  He's way too feral to be adoptable.  He always runs away when we even look out the window at him. Unfortunately, we are just going to bring him back  and release him outside.  Not much else we can do.  At least he will have his shots, and won't be able to contribute more to the feral cat population. 

We have, however brought in 3 other stray/ferals, a friendly one that hung around our house for several months, and 2 others from a colony under the Atlantic City Boardwalk.

Mariposai

Is there a rule that  you have to have ran that day to start the daily? 

This is Holly's first day, right? Good luck to you girlfriend. You will shine in your new work place.

I ran 11.5  miles last night, just like Erika, but at a much, much slower pace. I did mix in some fartklets between the miles. 5x400m @ 7:30ish pace. Felt good during the run, but I can tell that last week's monster weekend is still keeping  my mojo captive. Tonight is gym night.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

That's a kind heart jtv.

Does your vet do this pro-bono or do you pay for it too?

We have some ferrals in our neighborhood. Our big Tom got tangled up with one and contracted the Feline Leukemia. Our local vets won't do the shots and spay/neuter pro bono...only put the animal down.