Masters Running

40+'s On The Run W/E 5/9 (Read 436 times)

Cindy - I'm dying here! Thanks for the laughs!! Big grin

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Cindy - great story! Can you really tow that thing with a bike? Ev - I enjoyed your RR - way to tough it out! I posted a LONG and self-indulgent RR in the main forum, under "Racing". Roll eyes Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Excellent Cindy! Remember, the bigger they get (boats not kids) the larger the pain in the a$$. ! Keep it simple and you keep it fun! Splitting now to read about Arla's record setting race. Smile

Morning', Kids - Rest day for me, but I'm up bright and early doing transcription (will this case never end???). I've officially decided that the keyboard I have at home sucks. I'm gonna suck it up and get one like I have a work: http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=13609. I love that keyboard! Alright - back to work. Later!

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Morning Folks! & Thank you for indulging my facetious sense of humor! Wink ....from Doug: I forgot to tell you that I've been instructed to get some more vinyl letters (all boats need a name)....whaddya think about "Dougy's Dinghy" ? Niiice Leslie! I have an IT friend who carries his keyboard w/him for his "out-calls"....some kind of roll-up/fold-up ergo keyboard...ah well, guess I carry oil & tiger balm.... Wink Rats Jim! well,.... on one hand...on the other (probably more important) is the great Spring moisture the thirsty ground has been getting! Wink & hopefully, it doesn't throw you too far behind schedule! btw: How'd the pick-up scenario play out? (sounds like stuff Doug & I get ourselves into regularly! Roll eyes ) Yup Arla, Doug is positive it'll tow just fine...(although we haven't tried this as yet) it only weighs 114lbs....now, backing up could be interesting! Big grin & ref RR: I didn't think it was so long, nor "self-indulgent" .....no FR, NO pics!, no split times....SR is gonna fine you! Big grin Joe: Huge Congrats to your friend!!! by-one-second!?! WOW!! Now. As I read Arla's RR, it appears to me that she did another "easy one" (relatively speaking) - IOW, "still leaving something in the tank" to me sounds like still ramping up! Wink hmmmm, & her time's really close to yours...... Evil grin Well, DS's still running. Not sure if he exactly has "the bug" as yet, but still moving right along (we're doing our best to encourage/support)....The Mizuno gate analysis put him in maximum motion control!! "Severe over pronation" (I can see that) ~recommendation for a Renegade (which doesn't come in a size 16!) & he says fell "in love" with the Alchemy, which is a more responsive/moderate support motions control shoe... (Dang!!) I'd thought, when we started him, to "be safe" & had started him in some NB/MT571's - which are responsive/neutral....& less expensive Roll eyes .....So! I spent 1 mile behind him last night watching his gate/body mechanics as well as inquiring about tension areas....I know first hand how wrong shoes affect running....DH & I discussed it - we want to set him up as best as possible (w/o bankrupting ourselves! Wink ) LSS: Zappos is letting me exchange the NB for the Mizunos!! - I just pay the $35 difference Cool Now, I have to say, he'd forgotten our plan to hit the trail near their shop after work yesterday, but carries his shoes/socks/tech shirt in the car..... instead of bailing, he did his 2 miles - in jeans! Wink I'll just bet he throws his shorts in before Thurs! After we kicked him loose, Doug & I went back out for another 4.4 more briskly paced (bp: 7:18)....then to Old Chicago (in our sweaty clothes! Big grin) for beer & nachos!! Okay! Okay! I only had ONE beer! & I threw my lightest running jacket over my gross looking tank! Blush C
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

Cindy - Size 16, eh? Evil grin

Ex runner

jfa

Cindy - Size 16, eh? Evil grin
                That boy's got a firm grip on the ground! You know what they say " big feet,big hands, -big shoes,big gloves " How's the body feeling today Arla? I threw the running shoes in the car and will get my first (easy) one on the way home, then try to get Buddy out. It's been raining here for a week but there may be a sighting of the sun? later. Turns out what ever qualifying time you need for Boston has a 59 sec grace period to it.So my friend Jim actually made it by one minute. If you need a 4:00 time, 4:00:59 will still do it. Smile New training period coming up for me and I like to try and improve on something for each one.Form is always on my mind. That last marathon was very flat so I have not been on hills much lately,I think I'll be concentrating on getting to it more. Later gators

Top 'O the World!

Yup!! 16! Evil grin Big grin friggin Viking genes! Oh BTW....just registered me & Doug for the Boulder Marathon 9/20/09 AND Las Vegas R&R 12/6/09!!!! Shocked .......must go run....
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Now I'm at my real job. Cindy - I got this keyboard through workers' comp years ago and it has been my savior. The chick who temped for me while I was on vacation moved the settings around before she finally gave up and hooked up a different keyboard. I'm still trying to get it back to that "perfect" setting. Evil grin Yeah, Arla, what Cindy said about your report. Not self indulgent or too long, but where's the important stuff??? Fashion report, splits, pics, etc. You even forgot to post your time until later in the thread! You are suck a slacker in the reporting arena. Wink One of my bosses is down signing up for Social Security today. He's a little bummed. Big grin

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Tempo this morning, pretty morning not so pretty run. Got the pickup pulled out in one of those don't try this at home we are professionals moments. I hooked a 2 inch diameter nylon rope to the front of the ford f 250 powersmoke and to the back of the cummins powered dodge and left 6 foot of slack and told Lynda to hit it at my cue at which time I punched the throttle on the ol Cummins. When things came tight the dodge hesitated and then the ford lurched forward outa the mudhole like a russian pole vaulter. Gotta be real careful with nylons as breakage can be fatal. I won't use them with bigger stuff, only poly ropes then. If you remember Lynda and I broke a 40,000 pound test rope a couple summers ago as she wasn't just automatic on when to gun it. Like I said she's a pro now. Wink Oh fyi in case u didn't know nylons stretch and recoil, polys don't stretch. Ya we don't cuss the rain gets, a little inconvenient at times but it will get dry soon enough. Wheat is loving the moisture. Like to have irrig corn in by may 10 and dry by may 24 to avoid yield loss. Gotsta have cupholders Cindy cept in NE parks you have to keep alcohol well concealed but a coozie usually sufices Wink hope u get Buddy out today Joe. Leslie think u need to hide ur keybrd when u take off. Wink gonna go kick the tires and light the fires after lunch.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Glad you got your truck unstuck Jim 5.2 Buddy miles tonight with no ill effects from my race.Felt good to get out again but that doggie is waaay out of shape!

got in a nice 6er this afternoon. Pretty hot and humid as it's been raining here for a week straight. Then the sun comes out today and heats up to 90F.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                            Pretty hot and humid as it's been raining here for a week straight. Then the sun comes out today and heats up to 90F.
                            Dead Yuck! Joe - Bad owner lettin' yer dog get that outta shape! Evil grin Poor Buddy!!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Joe - sounds like you're back to normal. It's fun to think about where to go for the next training cycle - but hey, take it easy on Buddy! Leslie - I'll work on my RR skills! Tongue BTW, pretty even splits, which surprised me since my friends were suffering and I was chompin' at the bit - I thought we had slowed a lot, I think we fell off pace 5 - 10 sec/mile. And fashion! I forgot! We all have "Drastic Progress Running Club" tech tees that I made, with the DRRC logo on the front along with each person's home town, and then a suitable funny on the back. Jim's is "I thought you said 2.62", Sue has two chickens, one says "You should try running a marathon", the other says "You should try sticking knives in your eyes". Mine is "Why couldn't Pheidippides have died at mile 20?", and another friend has "Why are all of these people folowing me?". We have more friends joining us for Disneyland's HM in September, I need to think of/steal some more funnies. Ev - we're gettin' some of that heat, too. Hi 80s today. I'm not looking forward to acclimating, after that well, it's just another and another and another hot run for a few months. I'm just thankful we don't get that sticky stuff. Dead Cindy - wooHOO! Boulder in September, I guess the training has begun! Jim - that story scared me. Of course, you're professionals and all that - but still. Since it's no longer a comedy show to watch me go down stairs I went out for a cautious 4.25. That felt just fine, probably will have a more-or-less normal rest of the running week, kind of a reverse taper I guess. Arla

Ex runner

Arla, awesome, girl....just awesome! You and Joe are both inspirations of commitment and consistency. I'm starting to wonder if maybe we will have a couple of BQers among us someday. Oh, and loved your shirts! Sorry I've been awol this week. The owner of our little firm has jury duty this week...got picked for a criminal trial, so all of a sudden I'm in charge. Its time for monthly reporting for all our clients, owners mom who is also an employee but doesn't have much acct background freaking out and needing help, training the new CPA that started last week, and even wrote a proposal for new business yesterday. Thought this was s'possed to be a part time, easy job where I didn't have to be in charge of anything. What happened??!!! Confused But in this world of peole losing jobs, I'm overwhelmed, but grateful. I HAVE found a morning routine that works for me, and have been getting in about 3 slow miles every morning with Katy....trying to get us both back to a little of that consistency that Joe and Arla model so well. Encountered a turtle on the trail on Monday and Katy was terrified of it. Big wussy chicken dog! Blush Been trying to keep up with all your adventures....boats coming and going, being stuck in the mud (truck, not you), end of school year, upcoming key race for Leslie, marathon recoveries, dog fitness programs, etc. Shocked You are an amazing, diverse, and fun bunch! Cool
                                Progress Trumps Pefection