Masters Running

40+'s On The Run W/E 5/9 (Read 436 times)

Top 'O the World!

Hey Carol! {{{ waving madly }}} Great to see you again! Wink .....does "part-time" mean that you're missing out on some "key benefits" hmmm? glad you're getting some miles in...that should go a long ways in keeping your sanity! Wink
    Big wussy chicken dog!
    Hey! I have one of those! Clowning around 5.07 sluggish leaden miles w/Mairead this am...(leaden because I'm a sympathetic personality who's had some friends run marathons quite recently... Tongue) supposed to be heading for another 80* day here....then will be "cooling off for the weekend" She did it again!~ Jamie Donaldson, our local 6th grade teacher who won 1st female @ Badwater this last yr: Results of the 7th IAU 24 Hour Run World Championship Bergamo, Italy, Sat-Sun, May 2-3, 2009 MEN 1) Henrik Olsson, Sweden, 257.042K / 159.71 miles 2) Ralf Weis, Germany, 244.492K / 151.92 miles 3) Yuji Sakai, Japan, 242.713K / 150.81 miles 4) Vladimir Bychkov, Russia, 240.506K / 149.44 miles 5) Eoin Keith, Ireland, 227.206K / 141.17 miles WOMEN 1) Anne-Cecile Fontaine, France, 243.644K / 151.39 miles 2) Brigitte Bec, France, 234.977K / 146.00 miles 3) Monica Casiraghi, Italy, 223.848K / 139.09 miles 4) Jamie Donaldson, USA, 220.219K / 136.83 miles 5) Julia Alter, Germany, 219.293K / 136.26 miles
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Cindy - Good grief! 136.83 miles in 24 hours! Shocked That's incredible. Arla - Sue has two chickens, one says "You should try running a marathon", the other says "You should try sticking knives in your eyes" Big grin That's gotta be the best one I've ever heard! Carol - Doesn't sound like a part-time job to me. Hope you're getting treated right, girlfriend. 3 steady miles this a.m. at a 9:42 av pace. My legs are just feeling very tired these days. Maybe it's the double shifts I've been pulling with working all day, then putting another 2 or 3 hours at night at home. Dunno. But I asked for it, didn't I? Blush I'm suppose to sing at my niece's wedding in June. Thankfully, I talked her out of "Endless Love" Dead. Told her it was the same song sung at her folks' wedding . . . and we all know how that turned out. Roll eyes Anyhoo - am having trouble coming up with something else in my range - alto - that's not sappy, oversung, and loooong. Etta James' "At Last" is a great song, but I need to see if I can find just the accompaniment on CD. We'll see . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Perhaps the dogs are tougher than we think, and it was just a real mean a$$ turtle! Angry Good going to Cindy's friend ,that's simply amazing! Shocked Shocked

Top 'O the World!

it was just a real mean a$$ turtle!
          Big grin ahhh, YEAH! TGIF Peeps!! Smile Smile IRC here on the Front Range for this HUGE college graduation morning!! did an additional 3 Dead miles @ the Snug last night...hot, sweaty, slow, slog....my body hasn't quite made the shift to Summer yet Tongue....okay, okay, it only got up to 80* - & had cooled down maybe to 75* by run time .... BUT! other than a little tired (I really could sleep some more!) I feel fine this am. isn't that wonderful!? I remember, not so long ago, that I: a)couldna done that & b) would definitely be feeling it the next day! Wink ....okay then...DS bailed on last night...said he didn't feel well...(insert suspicious emoticon here) wondering if I'm bringing him out of the gate a little too hard...Printed off the C25K program for him....OTOH, his new shoes arrived UPS last night! Fast! like that Zappos! Wink I opened the box to check out these gunboats Shocked Holy Crap Batman!...is one thing to know they're a size 16...is quite another to pick them up!!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

those look like man killers Cindy!! 3 mi with rea pole speedwork 1 set, damn near killed me and that was with the wind. Going out I needed the rea poles just to see if I was actually moving. We got back in wens aft then blew tractor front that night but showers in the nite. Long story short got it fixed yest morn, done with strip til @6 p hooked back to planter rained out 9 p. Not much just enuff to prevent an early start this am. Sun and breeze should go within the hour. sorry if I made the pickup pull sound dangerous it was more comical than dangerous and we use the term professional rather loosely around here. Wink later gators

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

HAPPY FRIDAY, FRIENDS!
              3 mi with rea pole speedwork 1 set, damn near killed me and that was with the wind. Going out I needed the rea poles just to see if I was actually moving.
              We've had a couple of "breezy" mornings this week where I felt the same. Coming from the right front. Kept trying to rip my hat off my head.
              sorry if I made the pickup pull sound dangerous it was more comical than dangerous and we use the term professional rather loosely around here. Wink
              Big grin Cindy - I believe those are the type of turtles that fool you into thinking they're slow, then when they gotta ya lulled LEAP through the air and rip out the throat of the closest 4-legged creature aka Man's Best Friend. Beware! 2 stinky miles this a.m. Just didn't have it. And the only reason I went 2 is because I had to get back home. Roll eyes Plus, my AT just would not loosen up until I was about 3 blocks from home, then I literally felt it kinda go, "aaahhhh . . ." and it felt a bit better. Keeping fingers crossed it behaves Sunday. Later ~

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Cindy - I believe those are the type of turtles that fool you into thinking they're slow, then when they gotta ya lulled LEAP through the air and rip out the throat of the closest 4-legged creature aka Man's Best Friend. Beware! Later ~
                LOL!!! Killer Turtles....hey maybe that would make a good t-shirt for a race! Maybe we need to turn your cats loose on those turtles....bet they wouldn't be afraid. Thanks for the job front concerns. It's kinda complicated, but despite my complaining, I have to remember I am working from home, have lotsa flexibility, and one of the clients I work on has a really good mission, so I'm finally getting to contribute to something meaningful. Those are the reasons I keep on keepin' on even though, yes, I gave up some bene's and $$'s in exchange. Have run each day...Mon~Thurs this week (ala Evryday....Ev, you out there??), so Katy and I are taking today off from turtle hunting. May ditch Katy and go a little longer tomorrow morning...5 miles or so.... Good luck in your race on Sunday Leslie....already waiting for that race report!
                Progress Trumps Pefection
                  Here's wishing Leslie Happy Trails this weekend and may all of your hill work you've put in pay off in a big way. Your going to do great. Good luck, and look forward to hearing from you after your race! Jewels
                  But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

flatland mountaineer

Good Racing Leslie!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Good Luck Leslie! What's the weather look like?

Thanks, everyone. For Oakland, 78, however, the park is a few miles outside Oakland so it may be a bit cooler. And with an 8:30 start, I should be done before it gets warm.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Good Luck Leslie!!! & try have a little fun, will ya?! Wink Evil grin

Top 'O the World!

Battled my way (traffic) from Healdsburg down to Berkeley today, with a side trip through the Napa Valley to visit my SIL at her new job at Landmark Wineries. She had a hard time understanding why I didn't want to stick around and do some wine tasting. Told her I'd do some tomorrow back at their house after my run. With regard to her job in the tasting room at the winery, she gets to take home any open bottles of wine that are left over at the end of the day - free! And she gets 50% off any wines she purchases. Wee haw! Big grin Re battling the traffic - let me just say that I hate Google. Directions from here in Berkeley to the running site ends me straight down I-580 - traffic and all - when there's a nice pretty side route through the better part of Berkeley. I hit stop and go traffic the whole way down I-580, and then when I got out to where the run is suppose to be, the directions say the park is in right, but the only entrance that looked feasible was on the left. This is why I always get to the starting area early - just in case. Time to hit the hay -

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

That sounds nice Leslie.How did the run go? Must be hilly around there right? Smile Happy Mother's Day to Cindy and Jewels and Kelly and Woods Lady and to any other Mom's hanging around. Smile Hope your kids treated you extra nice today!