Masters Running

Tuesday runs and such (Read 552 times)

Lifting planned for today, no runs unless I have plenty of spare time.  Did run Memorial day race in Burton Michigan yesterday morning.  Hot and Humid for this early in the year for us, 75 degrees with close to 80% humidity.  It had a very good turnout with about 250 people attending.  I placed if they went 10 deep, so I didn't place.  Time was worse than last race but heat and humidty was factor.  Lots of projects going on, new doors to install DS '1 house, install new AC at inlaws, and decide on what roof we will have installed at my home.  It will be busy a day, run long always

Marathon Maniac #957

Good morning Derrick and those to follow...Smile

Rest day for me, spending my pre-work time on household putterings.  Busy day at work ahead and softball game for DD tonight.

Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Easy start to the day.  Jog to the gym, workout, jog home.  3 miles total.  Now it's time for work.

Slo

Mornin All.

A wet and humid run. 6 miles...easy. It's a new training cycle. New ambitions.

Yesterdays 5k

HHH = PPP   { Heat, Humidity and Hills = Piss Poor Performace }

I finished 8th overall and wasn't even in for hardware. It was a small 5k, maybe 70 people in all but every fast guy in my AG was there. This was an inagural year. The course was rumored as being long. You start on a hill and end on a hill, 78deg and humid. The leader (41yr old male) finished in 19:05. He normally clocks 17's. Out of the top 10, 7 of us were over 40 ! DD#2 joined me. She got a 2nd place for 19 and under. She's 13. I commented about all the guys in my age bracket and she said...This is a fund raiser for the Historical Society...LOL

Dave59

I commented about all the guys in my age bracket and she said...This is a fund raiser for the Historical Society...LOL

Big grin  That's a great line.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Out of the top 10, 7 of us were over 40 ! DD#2 joined me. She got a 2nd place for 19 and under. She's 13. I commented about all the guys in my age bracket and she said...This is a fund raiser for the Historical Society...LOL

+1 on the line.  And those freaking fast 50's are frustrating to those of us that aren't.  Even when I was running (relatively) well, it always seemed that I'd be better than top 1/3 OA, but bottom half in AG.  Oh well, something to strive for.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly is taking a rest day!!!   Wink

Congrats to your daughter Slo - she is fast AND funny!!  Smile     

I was out for 4 humid miles with Brinkley this morning.   Luckily there was wind because it was already 70° at 5 a.m.     Must have been cat day, because we had 3 black & white cat fartleks and one black cat fartlek.    I'm just happy the black and white ones were really cats and not skunks.  

Happy Tuesday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo! what a great line.....oh dear and she is right of course. 

9.4 easy miles for me this morning. Legs fatigued, but not sore. Looking forward to building some longer miles back in and also having fun with the no-schedule schedule.

Almost won the whole dang 5k I ran yesterday.....watch as three guys worked hard not to get chicked Joking It was open the dishwasher humid and I just didn't have a kick.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadWolfVideo#p/u/0/Ar1lxhsedwU

lamerunner

Good morning. Nice racing this weekend Karin!  The weather was  tough.  Good racing for Slo too and great line about the historical society! 

No run today. My back feels better but legs worse, DOMS I guess plus yesterday's bike ride. I will try to swim later.

Karin, that Sept 50k looks fun but I have more schedule  conflicts in September and also worry about compromising my performance at OBX in November,  which I signed up for again.  I would like to run over there some time though, maybe during the summer.

I have a whole new respect for the ultra world, especially on trails. Although "only" 5 miles longer than a marathon,  a trail 50k is a lot different in feel, and  in hot  humid conditions, being out there longer changes things a lot. Fun group that does those too!

Almost mid-week already...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Almost won the whole dang 5k I ran yesterday.....watch as three guys worked hard not to get chicked Joking It was open the dishwasher humid and I just didn't have a kick.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadWolfVideo#p/u/0/Ar1lxhsedwU

Looked to me like you took it easy on them, Karen.  There did seem to be a LITTLE despiration on their part. Shocked

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

HHH = survival I thought when I head north there will be relief from the heat? Sounds like it's hot up there too! I noticed for today Detroit has a heat advisory alert for high 88. Here in Durham no heat advisory and high 96! 8 sweaty miles at 8:50 pace that felt harder than that. I signed up for the Detroit Marathon in October!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hi all.  I'm back.  Flew into S. Florida this morning and immediately headed off to work.

I haven't read much since middle of last week, since as Dave59 mentioned Internet and Cell access is not likely up there, but I can say Dave59 is a Great guy.  Really friendly and a pleasure to know.  We were really happy to meet him and that we got to spend some time with him both at the race and afterwards.

As for my 10K race I am happy with it.  47:30 which is a 14 second PR.  I ended up 7th out of 48 in my AG but I was secretly hoping for top 5 since they award top 5 finishers.  But I would have had to shave 10 seconds per mile off that time and that's not happening.  I'll take it!

More later when I get myself back in the swing of "unreal life" (that one is for Mustang Sally).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

. . . a trail 50k . . . Fun group that does those too!

Ultra trail runners are some of the BPOE (Best People On Earth).  I am missing it so much right now.  Talked to my buddy, Karen, last night.  She and her sister, Kate, participated in the Western States training camp this past weekend.  70 miles over three days on portions of the WS trail .  (They did this last year, too, as Kate was a participant in WS in 2010.)  They had a blast, Karen did fantastic, and I am jealous, jealous, jealous.  Argh!  I want to be out there so bad!  That being said . . . .

After yesterday's trial run walk, I feel confident I can do minor things like get around my kitchen on two feet, but I don't think I'm ready to be on my foot 100% for any extended period of time. *sigh*  I'm glad I gave it shot so I can discuss it further with my doc.

No workout this a.m., but plan to pool run for an hour after my doc appointment. 

Short work week - Yea!!

Have a good one ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Hey folks.  I haven't been posting in the daily , in part, because the last you need to hear is me whining about the weather.  (It's been ugly.) But today I poke my head in and see everybody's doing it!  Big grin  I do so poorly in the H&H that I've been walking--not running slowly, walking!--on parts of my "runs" lately.  Today, though, I did manage to get all 10 miles done without technically walking...though the pace got pretty darn close on the big hills.  Anyway, 10.3 total @ 9:28 and that felt like an accomplishment!

Should hit 98F this afternoon.  This is technically still May, right? Roll eyes

P.S. Some things never change around here, like CNY's blazin' racin'!  Smile 

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

Much less humid today and not as hot (mid 70's). Don't think I'll run today (ran 3 days in a row) but did bike to the Y for an hour of yoga. Will bike again this afternoon.

Off to Ohio this Thursday for my grandson's high school graduation. My DS is joining us on the flight. Holly suggested a couple of races in the area on Sunday-might do one-not her 50K on Sat.-time conflict with graduation-too badJoking.