Masters Running

Thankful Thursday (Read 38 times)

I'm so sorry about your Mom, Tammy.  SO easy for that to happen.   

Riley is adorable!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, you must have missed Sunday's thread.

I'll have to go back and look now.....

That Riley is adorable!

Forgot to mention that RCG's grandboys are also adorable!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

It must have been warmer here than in Ohio or Tennessee because my walk in was chilly but invigorating: somewhere in the low 30s but above freezing.

Enjoy it while you can.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Such adorablecostumes on kids.  35 + years ago, my DS went as Papa Smurf & we got blue pajamas and red sweater to wear in the future!

Tammy, sorry about your mom.  Hope she heals quickly. 

good luck to whoever races this w/e - fleet feet!

only a couple of miles today, including farmers market.  However, yesterday was 8-10, with walking with friends and food pantry.

have a Greta evening,

marj

SteveP

Tammy -  I’m sorry to hear about your mother.

I saw a lone piece of candy corn in the street.  I did not pick it up.

Wait! What?

SteveP

anneb

Sorry to hear about your mom's injury Tammy!

I can't believe that Riley is so big!

It was chilly again this morning. I tripped at about a mile (fell kind of hard, but mostly on my hip/butt - it is scraped), so after that took it even easier  I guess I hadn't tripped since January, so I was due. There were no injuries to my self or clothing, though.

Our shower door is coming first thing Saturday!

Also, I found a treat size gummi bears on the ground today. The H is like, are you really going to eat that??? It wasn't open, and its not like it was run over or anything, so yes.

I got in about 3 miles this morning, plus some dog walks. It turned nicer, later in the day.

Anne

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 10 miles around the neighborhood this afternoon.  It was in the 40s and sunny, and very pleasant, although I felt kind of slow.

I've been enjoying all the cute grandkid Halloween pictures.  Here's one more:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Yay for Anne’s shower door!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I have until 11:59 tonight to decide about the HM on Saturday.  The fee is $60 but it's $90 if I sign up the morning of. yikes!  It really is a fun race and I guess I can make good clothing choices.

Tammy - me too.  Hope it's like here where this morning's rain clouds parted right in front of our eyes while we were eating lunch to give a beautiful, sunny afternoon highlighting the fact that some of the leaves are still yellow just like fall around here should be, after all.

However, from several years ago, instead of debating early cheaper vs. late expensive registration, I finally got to the point where getting the discount rate that needed months in advance in most of the big races around here usually ended up not being able to run anyway when race day came around so the DOR penalty became worth it, especially as you could choose to sign up to run only if the weather was good, . . . quite MNunlike my first Seattle Marathon in 1990 when, even though I'd already run the one titular marathon a year I was doing in those days before I got mixed up with runners who later founded Marathon Manias, it was such a violent Thanksgiving storm that I signed up just for the sake of experiencing running a marathon in the foulest weather I'd run in to date and, sure enough, it was so bad that one of the floating bridges across the lake under repair flooded and sank and, as documented in one of my now favorite event photos looking like a fish when nearing the finish line, everyone was so sopped that clothes were being shed so hurriedly for dry ones at the clothing storage vans that the entire area was like triathlon transition areas used to be before they had changing rooms.

ps - it was my first marathon in Seattle and, since it was so miserable, I figured few others would even bother to show up in it and I might have a rare chance for an AG but, instead, I learned my lesson about Seattleites as everyone showed and there were few DNS'ers.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy the sunny afternoon under the leaves at one of the nearby parks as, after AAA said they won't provide battery assistance on a Chevy Volt, the shirttailer who'd rebuilt it, along with another one he still drives, stopped by and, after some 50 minutes of unscrewing old bolts to expose the battery in the back of the car deep under the hatchback floor and then more bolts to get the battery itself out, old Mr. Volt turned over for a final hurrah so, at least, we'll be able to limp along enough to get to the nearby Toyota (that DW wants) and Honda dealers instead of more distant dealers that are too far away for our 30 mile full charge to get us there and back and, even if they had a recharging station, we don't want to wait around at a car dealer's for an unnecessary two or three hours to recharge.  Yippee!

ps - not surprising as the car never needed any repairs ever since the engine died and we ran solely on electric in February 2019 but the battery that died the other day had been going strong ever since it was put in in the fall of 2012 for the 2013 models. ,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)