Masters Running

Monday Monday, can't trust that day. 01 February, 2016 (Read 35 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

57F

4 miles

~37 minutes

Just Tricia, Jane, Ralph and I for a short half moon run through Eastern State Hospital. Jane and Tricia went straight in to swim. Ralph and I ran into Skipwith for the distance and a big hill. Yeah.

Then we went into the rec center for stretch and core.  We need to do more of this.

Monday. And the news is not uplifting. Please post happy, uplifting stories. I am not feeling it in Virginia right now.

On a positive note, the sky is blue, the sun is warm, the dogs are happy, and we have each other.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Slo

6 miles and some change on some slippery roads this morning. Rain yesterday, fog last night with below freezing temps this morning.

Looks like our location will be sparred this next storm. We are on the outer edge and it looks to be more of a rain event for us. Jlynne...you don't look so lucky. Get out your snow shoes!

It's Caucus night here in Iowa...If you didn't know. Uplifting news...The Political ads, mass mailings, door knocks and telephone calls should slow down substantially tomorrow!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sorry, nothing particularly uplifting for me, although RCG's last line is not a bad start.

So sad when someone that loves life that much leaves much too soon.

No run this morning, but i did finally break into double digits yesterday.  Gorgeous day to be out--up to 45° by the time i finished my 10 miles exactly.  Thought for a bit that I'd have to do the run by the house and come back trick to hit the number, but managed to have a little cooldown walk.

Spring in February for us this week.  As much as I miss the snow, I'm almost to the point of saying, if it's not going to snow by now, I'm ready to skip it for the rest of "winter".

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Uplifting story . . . hmmm . . . I got about 3/4 of the way through our tax stuff yesterday.  Does that help??

How about I haven't killed the Wilsonater yet, although I have grabbed his little head a couple of times and threatened to rip it off if he doesn't stop bugging me when I'm trying to sleep.  He seems to not be taking me seriously enough.  Wonder why???

Or, one of my office buddies brought me in a handy dandy 2 Tbls coffee scoop this morning so I can start making some coffee around here that's actually drinkable (who uses an entire cup - yes, 1 measuring cup - of grounds for a 12-cup pot of coffee???).

That's about all I got this morning, except . . .

Did about an hour of core/ST this morning - low key since I'm in taper, but I don't want to lose the gains I've made.

My buddy, Karen, is the RD for Hagg Lake, the race I'm running outside of Portland, OR, in two weeks.  They had a trail work party this weekend, and she said there's lots of mud to be had.  *sigh*  Guess that's why they call it the Mud Run.  I did this race about 7 or 8 years ago, almost lost a shoe in the last mud bog, and saw a guy actually lose his . . . and it wasn't even considered to be a muddy year . . .

Have a great week, friends ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Leslie - do you need a stopping point to eat, rest, etc. on your way up to Portland?  My home is open as always.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Too-early-to-be-sunny 4.5 mile commute with a slightly crescent lunar dawn breakin’

at 40-degrees on a heavily-loaded Red Baron to start a long week mostly in the library.
              ps rosie - me too. it’s a sad commentary that so many subhuman scumbags

bring so much pain, suffering and sorrow to so many lives.  Makes us appreciate

even more those like tammy’s friend, and everyone herein too who provide so much

daily uplift no matter what our needs happen to be at the time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

On a positive note, the sky is blue, the sun is warm, the dogs are happy, and we have each other.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

It's Caucus night here in Iowa...If you didn't know. Uplifting news...The Political ads, mass mailings, door knocks and telephone calls should slow down substantially tomorrow!

Not in Ohio......

Leslie - squirt bottle, squirt bottle, squirt bottle....

No run for me today, about 40 minutes of weights and core watching The Graham Norton Show......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Leslie - squirt bottle, squirt bottle, squirt bottle....

I've been thinking about how to deploy one and not squirt The Hub since Wilson always positions himself between our heads.   It's almost comical what he does/how he meows to try and gently get your attention.  Crazy cat . . . .

Tammy - Normally, I would very much take you up on that offer, but I'm leaving here at noon on the 11th and driving straight through.  Bleck!  I will, however, keep you mind the next time I'm going that direction.  I really appreciate it.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Tammy - Normally, I would very much take you up on that offer, but I'm leaving here at noon on the 11th and driving straight through.  Bleck!  I will, however, keep you mind the next time I'm going that direction.  I really appreciate it.

okay. if on the way back you want to stop and stretch your legs. you know i'm not far at all off course. Smile

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

I just want to say that getting the Kindle app on my phone has revolutionized my life.....never again will I be sitting in a waiting room without a book to read.....I cannot tell you how happy that makes me....

TammyinGP

i promise - last time I'll post about this, but just saw this and thought it was a great glimpse into Todd's quirky nature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV95pp3BR_A

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

i promise - last time I'll post about this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV95pp3BR_A

I hope not.

after 25 years of it, I always thought I was a pretty barefoot runner, .. . .

until I saw the photos you posted of Todd running rocks

at the 35 second mark in the Rockies or somewhere,

in a kilt, no less.  whew.

talk about a massive calf to do it on too. wow

https://youtu.be/hV95pp3BR_A?t=35

Do you know where he did his barefoot 100 miler?

I'd like to post on our runningbarefoot forum

thanks

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tet, his guiness record is 102 miles (almost positive on this) and it was run on the Medford HS track as a cancer fundraiser.

and in one of those shots (I think when he's making his finger bunny ears), he is running with Scott Jurek and Ian Torrence when they were still both down here (actually I remember that race - I couldn't keep up with them - but Scott was spending some time down here post-divorce)

Tammy

Thanks for sharing that, Tammy ~~

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance