Masters Running

Finally - Friday the 15th (Read 453 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning all,

OM - glad to hear the recovery is going well.

Nurse Deez - glad to see your post - thoughts and prayers headed Justin's way.

Another beautiful day in Connecticut - 80's and low humidity.  But I couldn't pass up spin class.  So I think I'll take a half day and get a run in this afternoon.  A guy from my gym is running the Vermont 100 tomorrow.  He's had back issues this spring - so I hope he listens to his body. 

Have a great weekend everyone.

...mornin' PBJ//.......enjoy the afternoon....

======

knocked out 22min canerun at SoccerFields

had a FlairUp

yesterday,

Pickles goes for CheckUp today at oncologist,

CheckUp won.........I needed to Run.

didn't enjoy it, but I felt better afterward....

................good running guys......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey--PBJ--glad to see you weren't belated in posting this morning.  You know, maybe there's a reason we don't use that word unless we're referring to birthdays or anniversaries...

I worked my butt off on my little landscape project, last night, and I'm not really happy with the way it's looking.  I have a picture in my mind and what I did doesn't match that picture.  I'll keep working on it.

Good morning everyone,   Happy belated b-day to Mariposai & Wildchild 

Way to kick it the soccer fields TW.  Best wishes for Pickles.    

Basebll tournaments have kept me busy umpiring.  I have a elbow infection from a thorn when I trimed the shrubbery last week. 

Picked up a new bike yesterday, Giant express 2,  off to test on a paved trail.   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Mike E

MM #5615

Sarge--is that their fold up bike?  I'd be interested to hear how you like it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Pickles goes for CheckUp today at oncologist,

CheckUp won.........I needed to Run.

Hey, Tom--I just noticed this...is everything okay?

Mariposai

Is not that I am even close to being retired, but sing Sarge have so much fun makes me want to have sabbatical just to play.

PBJ, you call nice morning for a run when it is 80+  wow...that is hot for me.

Deez4boys, I keep you and Justin in my prayer.

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes guys. You are the best. Many cyber space celebrations for me last yesterday The nieces and nephews back home organized a huge cyber space b-day party for me, they planned the menu, invited my guests and baked a small tangarine cake for me. It was fun chating with them on skype and seeing pictures they posted instantly of the party on FaceBook. I sure had fun. I also got a phone call from two of my closest friend in college back home, whom I have not heard from for over twenty years.

DS#2 cooked a flavorful meal for me. So, you can say I had a great day!

This morning was an easy, slow miler with my DH. I guess we are going 5 on Sunday. 

Have a magnificent day folks!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a good birthday, too!  Ran 3.1 trail miles after work, just after the daily thunderstorm passed through.  Mid 60's, a few sprinkles of rain at the beginning, and then sun.  The last time I ran this trail, last Saturday, I saw a rattlesnake on the trail. As I was going around it in the grass, it coiled up and rattled. So last night I was being extra alert to watch for snakes, and I came to a full skidding stop when I saw... a  stick on the trail.   Blush

I skyped with DD last night, and talked with my parents and my in-laws on the phone - lots of good  catching-up with family!

{{{{Denise and Justin}}}}

{{{{Renauldo and Pickles}}}}

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Belated Happy B-Day to both Mari and Wildchild!!  My timing is really, really off these days!

4.6 miles around the neighbourhood before work, checking out a few really nice front-yard gardens.

Will be volunteering at an aid station for the premier race of the trail series tomorrow.  It's super technical and I'd love to run the 13K, but it's be too much for the calf still at this point.  Did I say super technical?.... in the email from the RD yesterday, he described it as "high-speed hopscotch"!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Just a quick post as I am really here procrastinating and I have got to stop!  I met my friend for a run this morning who was told by his doc to lose weight and work out or join the growing ranks of the nation's diabetics.  He has started doing both for the past six weeks and looks way better.  Good for him!  Off we went for a bit over 3 miles at around a 10 minute pace.  Pretty good for a guy on the verge of physical collapse just a few weeks ago.  I think it is likely we will head off again for another run next week.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Henrun

Ran a sproinky 2.5 around the local reservoir before the temp hit 80. My back is acting up again-either due to my 10 miler yesterday or to increased cycling lately. Had planned to bike downtown this afternoon for a concert but will most likely use the subway.

Marj is touring her DD and grandkiddies around Boston this morning-a beautiful day for it.

Hey, Tom--I just noticed this...is everything okay?

thanks mike//.....

...Pickles has leukemia,

and

CheckUp Time is very stressful

the kind

she has is treated by ''Watch and Wait''..........but the patients call it ''Watch and Worry''which is more apt.

if it

progresses

treatment is indicated.

so far it hasn't

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

{{{Lots of Hugs for Renauldo and Pickles, Deez and Family, OM, Henry, JLynne, SteveP, MikeE, Heme, and for anyone else just feeling the need for some extra TLC today.}}}

Had fun meeting with a couple of girlfriends who I haven't seen in quite awhile.  One has had as many life-altering experiences in the last 6+ months as I, albeit different, so we had a good talk and some great laughs, 'cause what the hell else are you gonna do? She looks fantastic and is happy - or as she described herself, giddy - for the first time in years. I'm very happy for her.

I looked at my calendar, and this is the first Friday I've worked out in 4 weeks, and then I turned around and take Sunday off.  What's that all about?  Geesh.  Anyway, 35 min of "Strong Body" with the DVD folks, followed by 30 min of stationary cycling during which I pumping the legs at a good clip while watching whatever show, then during the commercials I cranked to the a harder gear and do a sort of "tempo ride," for lack of a better explanation.  Thank goodness I'm on indoor/outdoor carpet over cement, 'cause I sweat like a dang pig, and boy does it feel good!

Okay, I need to get to work.  Have a great Friday, friends ~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

Got out for an easy 6 miles at 5:30 this morning.  Still cool, but the "crisp" part was gone as we start to move from really nice weather to a weekend warm-up.  Nothing I can't handle.

Mike no the Express 2  does not fold.  The folding bike is the Expressway. Had a nice 21.3 mile ride, course & bike were both excellent. 

Enjoy!!!   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.