Masters Running

I Miss . . . . (Read 648 times)

Rindaroo

I can't remember the last time I ran, and I'm sad.  I have been walking, power walking & other.  But, it is just different than running. 

I miss races

I miss talking with Tammy & John before the races

I miss the times John ran with me in a race - and picked out the person for me to beat

I miss dealing with tight calves

I miss looking at my Forerunner and checking out my times

I miss posting here accomplishments, not the sorry state I'm in.

I miss figuring out how to get my runs in, in my busy schedule

I miss my heart pounding

I miss that accomplishment of improving each time I go out

OKay I could go on & on.  I worry that I'll never figure this alignment stuff out.. my neck, my hips, my shoulders... seems it all stems from a shoulder injured in a car accident long ago.. never completely healed through PT or otherwise.. working on that now, but I tell ya I'm just discouraged about how its affecting my neck, & how the pounding of running incapacitates me..  so... for now its walking.  But I won't give up, I'll never give up.  I love running too much. Smile

Linda

{{{Rindaroo!!}}}

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...if RIN quit, I would fall over in Shock........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Rindaroo

...if RIN quit, I would fall over in Shock........

Not happening but you knew that Big grin I will be back... someday somehow. I don't mind starting over.... its always the same. Hard at first & then I remember why I fell in love in the first place.

...Good...

....last time I Fell Over in Shock I landed on my keys........

MM #7877

I miss crossing the finish line. I havent ran a half or full since October 2008.

Philippians 4:13.

We may have to run a contest as to who has been on the injured reserve list the longest.  Not exactly one I am wanting to win, BTW. Smile

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Jlynne

I miss posting here accomplishments, not the sorry state I'm in.

We are a sad but determined group, aren't we? 

DfromBG - I feel so bad for you.  What's your injury?

(((Linda)))    Hang in there. We'll all be back running again, we just don't know when....

I hope all of you are 100% in record time.  Looking at the subject from my ancient point of view, I think that the worst case scenario is that if you need to take off a substantial period of time (I know, I know, you don't want to do it), the chances that you can make a comeback at a later time is good.  You are all such good runners, and so inspiring in your own right.

an amazing likeness

I miss heading out for a run without my wife worrying that I'll be killed....

I miss running pain free in my right kee and both ankles....

I miss being able to lift my left arm above the top of my head...

I miss feeling that if I run a bit longer, or a bit harder that I'll be a better runner...

I miss feeling invincible.

mta: Good Lord...what a whiner...I'm sorry.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

There are no whiners in this thread. Evil 

Thanks for sharing, Milktruck.  I often think of you when I'm having a down day because of my foot.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

...agreed,

Whiners drive to the mailbox......

OrangeMat

MM #6177

One week out of surgery and I was doing fine. Ran two days, jogged really, and all was great.

Approaching two weeks and reality is now setting in. The added insult of an unexpected (and when are they ever expected?) infection has derailed my attempts to even think of running again, let alone even consider that my body will be the same again. After all, it isn't. Parts have been removed and replaced with other things.

And so I worry about being in a place where I don't even miss running anymore.

I know I need patience to wait until further healing happens. But that's what you get for being so good at living "in the moment".

Good thing my mailbox is right outside my front door.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh, and one more thought.... I walked 7.75 miles in the park yesterday, and while that was good, I realized a couple things:

One, the people who I regularly see running there probably wouldn't (and for the most part didn't) recognize me to say hello since I was walking and not running.

And two, of the running people who passed me who didn't know me, did they wonder "she looks fit and capable; why isn't she running instead of walking?" Makes me wonder if I'm judgmental that way about other walkers as well. Am I a running snob? Man, I really don't like finding these things out about myself... when I run, I don't think so much, it's better that way....

[sigh]

Sorry for joining in this pity party, but it was here...

...yeah OM//.......but

you are probably one of the Few People who examine their Feelings.......

as a

Former FatBoy,

(168 at 14-years old)

I always think ''well, at least they're OUT there'' when I see a heavy person out walking.

although

''The SpanDex Thing''

baffles the hell out of me.