Masters Running

Mercer Island Half Marathon Report (Read 445 times)

Nice race, and greta AG placement! You've really been extending yourself with this HM just a week after the big relay, but you seem to be in good enough shape to handle it. Keep up the good work!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Congratulations! Are you perhaps Wonder Woman disguised as a simple human runner?? Wink

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Impressive performance Soundie, specially knowing that you just ran a marathon three weeks ago and did an excellent job running the relay right after that. Please take it easy this week..we don't want you injured. You are going to ROCK in Eugene dearest one.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

soundalina - that's great running for you getting a master's PR and doing it under 1:40 to boot on all those cambered twists and turns and hills of the MIH that are exaggerated and way harder to do fast than back at my pace. I took your warm-up advice to heart too but was long done with mine when I saw you still running back and forth up-and-down the steep pitches of the start/finish area hill above Luther Burbank Park just minutes before the start. You look just like you're on a Sunday run in the park instead of a high performance race while the two runners behind you are on their last legs tryin' to keep up! chuck or someone must have been around a long time to get a photo of my feet. Though it wasn't much racing, I guess I'll have to post an rr after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

btb1490

Pretty impressive on race weary legs and a tough course! Congrats on the PR! Enjoy your well deserved, and muchly needed cutback.
              evanflein

You are amazing, grrl! Whatever mojo you've got, you should figure out how to bottle that up and save it! Wow, excellent time, and that photo Tet posted is wonderful. I agree, the two behind you look like they're struggling and you're just beaming! Congratulations and now... rest up!! (and those are cute feet, there, Tet!)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I have to agree with Leslie - you are Wonder Woman!! Greta race and lovely photo. Congratulations! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

SteveP

Man Soundrunner, you make it look easy.

SteveP

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Soundie, you ROCK. What a great race! What a great photo! Well done, girl.
                        WOW! And to think you were so sure it wasn't a Master's PR when we talked. You will have to find a flat half soon, or maybe your Full 26.2 PR will be smashed in Eugene?? To do all that hard running in the past three weeks, you are obviously in prime condition. PS - I noticed your slowest mile was still over a minute faster than my fastest! And that photo....says it all!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Fabulous results Soundrunner and a rocking string of races for you! I love the photo as you look completely in control and like you are having fun. The facial expression on number #284 makes me think he's saying: Hey, get back here, way too fast woman.....! Congratulations! Somehow I don't think this will be your master's PR for long. The numbers are still coming down for you! CNYrunner
                            Great race...like Steve said...you do make it looks easy.
                            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

King of PhotoShop

This worked out exactly as it should have. Now you know that on fresh legs you can do this at well under 7:30's, and going into this race a bit tired-legged kept you from getting hurt. Now go easy a few days okay? Very well done. Spareribs
                                I just cannot believe your race schedule! Great job on yet another impressive time with so little rest.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/