Masters Running

My very first race report (Read 282 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow, Roch is hitting you hard on the fines!! Wink Great race and great report . . . . other than leaving out the fashion part . . . that is a very important element! Sounds like a lot of fun and thanks for sharing!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

HermosaBoy

Sounds like you ran a very smart race and were passing people at the end. That's gotta feel good! Congratulations!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Yeah for any teacher who runs!!!! Loved your report - looking forward to many more.
          Go Craneium! I think your report was just fine (and from the looks of Rochrunner's list---I owe money too) and the racing even better. Good work especially given the crush at the start of the race. I did a few of these in Syracuse years ago and the crowding was phenomenal. I hope you'll be reporting plenty more! How did your team do? Congrats! Karin/CNYrunner
            Wait, I thought you got fined if you DO mention porta potties or Garmin discrepancies Confused But C. wonderful report; songrats, sounds as if you had a grand time! grins, A
            Masters 2000 miles
            wildchild

Carolyn

That's a lot of new friends to run with! It's great that so many folks turned out for this event, even if they were walking and not running, at least they're outside and moving around! I think you get several credits to make up for Roch's fines: 1) Prompt posting of RR - $2.00 2) Even splits - $3.00 3) Team spirit - $2.50 Thanks for a greta report!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks for sharing your first experience with us! Sounds like a very fun race - especially the part about the food tents......

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Craneium, Great race and congrats on running sub 25! If anyone tries to fine you send them my way...tell them I am your official bouncer although I think you can take care of yourself. Great race... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

As the original creator of the "fines" for substandard race reports, I have to arbitrate here. Roch, who tried to usurp my role, actually made some good points, as did others, but here is the verdict: The Fashion Report: Yes, you left it out, but when prompted, you did supply the information. There is no fine. Also, your FR actually contained clothing that matched, black and gray. The big fines go to people who post a fashion report and look like disaster victims or court jesters, with several mismatched colors. Not our Craneium! Aamos is correct that the absence of long detailed reports about the porta potties and your BMs before the race were a blessing to the rest of us, so you score again there big time! And Aamos is also correct in that you spared us the agonizing "but my Garmin said I actually ran 3.63 miles..." Greta job. WildChild scores big on the comment about the even splits and having a sensible race plan. Well done. As this appears to have been more of a team spirit fun run type of race, there is no penalty for not telling us your or your team's results. So again, no fine. In short, this was a fun report about a fun race that got a lot of people out there to have fun, and we all had fun reading and commenting about it. Question is, when is your next race? We need more reports (and we won't be so easy on you next time!) Spareribs
                    nowor

You sure had fun and had a nice race. We're all waiting for your SECOND RR.
                        wow - 11,000 people for a 3.5 mile road race - that's a lot of people!! sounds like you had a great time and ran great race - congratulations!!

denise

Oh wise one Spareribs thank you for sparing me the fines. It is very funny about the fashion report and me matching, I get other teachers asking me all the time if I have a pair of sneakers that matches everything I wear (of course, I;m not showing up on What Not to Wear)! I thoroughly have enjoyed everyone's input. Not sure when my next race is, but I will keep people posted. I am putting a couple of pictures with this posting as well. The Crane Team The Men of Crane (I am in the middle in the Livestong cap) Right after the Horn
                          lswife

Congratulations on your first race! Way to go!
                              Very nice debut Mr. Craneim, You could be headed for some fast times if you stay with it.
                              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                                Well done first RR. As to the fines send a check for $100K to Twocat at . . . Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/