Masters Running

Friday 2/13 Daffodil Dailies (Read 556 times)

dg.

Aw, nice Tory has a friend. My Sadie says hi. Meg I hope your 11-12 goes well. As well as your DD's meet. What events does she like? Craneium.. glad you're liking your runs. Teresa, that's exciting! Ilene, here's a kitty for you.
      Well if the ladies are going to post about their favorite bras (sorry biketm not quite enough to distract me, but some pictures . . .) then I think it only right the guys post links to their favorite jock straps. Clowning around Hmm, I do not actually run with one . . . but if I did I am sure I would have a favorite to link to!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Ribs and Ev - Jackson Brown is one of my favorites, and "Running on Empty" is a great song to run to. CNY - It is a sobering day, and I am so glad that you arrived at your destination safely. Perch - Cute dogs!! The daffodils are trying to come up here, but so far just greenery and no flowers. I'm very glad I'm not running right now as it is pouring rain outside with no end in sight. We need it, though, so no complaints from me.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Well if the ladies are going to post about their favorite bras (sorry biketm not quite enough to distract me, but some pictures . . .) then I think it only right the guys post links to their favorite jock straps. Clowning around Hmm, I do not actually run with one . . . but if I did I am sure I would have a favorite to link to!
          Oh Twocat -- my Dad was such an uncoordinated man. Going through his stuff after he died, I found his jock strap. I carried it into the office, where my sister was organizing his papers and said, "Dad had a jock?" I think the two of us laughed for a half hour. 52 & 44, and still not mature. Blush

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

Thanks for the heads up Holly. I have a couple in my shopping cart. I don't really "need" any, but at that price, it's hard to pass up. Especially when it comes with a high recommendation. and even though I don't need any now, someday mine will be shot and time to get new ones. Since I have a 5K tomorrow, I would normally take a rest day, but I think I'll run a couple slow miles on the TM at lunch. I've only put in about 7 miles so far this week. Roll eyes

Tammy

Ilene, here's a kitty for you.
              The original HOVERCAT !!! I love her! Waiting for the temps to rise a bit more (so I can wear shorts) then out for an easy 4 to 6. Supposed to be a rest day, but what are you gonna do when it is not raining in the PNW? Run obviously!! Holly, I ordered the aquamarine sportsbra and aquamarine shorts. So I'll be colour coordinated even if I never take my top off.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lamerunner

Good afternoon. Some day I must run the Maine Half. I almost dropped down to the half last year after my sciatic started flaring up but foolishly forged ahead to a mediocre ( though BQ) marathon run. I am often jealous of the half runners once they turn around. Sleepy windy 6.5 this morning. Yesterday was my birthday (48 Sad ) and the process of my DH making the cake was quite chaotic. I still had to make dinner and we had some champagne. Got my first iPod, which of course I have no idea how to use. Sharp poke in the back in a couple of hours, Sure hope it works after all this buildup. I am doing without sedation too so I can drive home after. I will let you know. Doc said it usually takes a while to kick in and the first shot does not often get the job done. We shall see... Happy weekend.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Seeing as this thread is going to the dogs (and cat) today .... I just spent 1.5 hours at the Pet Rescue helping my co-worker get her new dog Josie. She is a lab mix (part Mastiff maybe) and has a gorgeous coat! Very dark chocolate. I love that Tory has a friend now Steve!! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

mediocre ( though BQ) marathon run.
                    Bite your tongue, woman! Big grin Happy day-after-birthday, and I hope the shot gives you the relief you've been hoping for.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

OK, this is only for the MEN. Ever wonder how some guys have to adjust their jock straps...hey, it's not as easy as it may seem. http://www.wayodd.com/jock-strap-help/v/4186/ he he...Wonder which RA Gal will look first Big grin TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

A belated happy birthday, lamerunner! I hope the birthday shot does the job. You'll love the iPod, not hard to figure out really. Deb, I love that picture! I always wondered what cats do with their feet when they do that pose. Sort of like... what do birds do with their feet when they fly? They don't pull them up like landing gear on planes, obviously, but you don't see them dangling down, so...? (Actually, they stick them straight back and sort of point their toes! (at least ravens do) I see them flying past my windows on the currents.) This thread sure got long in a hurry... Holly, that's the bra I use most, too. That and an Under Armour model, but for one of the UA bras I can get 4 of the Champions! I bought a new dark purple one at the Disney Expo and now can't find it. Gotta clean my house one of these days... Hey Leslie, you available?? Normally Fridays are rest days, but I regretted not running outside yesterday in the warm temps and sunshine. So I brought my outdoor stuff and will get out at lunch today. Highs could reach 20° today! Yay! (ok, so not spring like for many of you, but it sure has me excited!) Big grin
                          Afternoon, everyone! Nonoruns - glad to hear you survived the dentist without getting folded up in the chair (still chuckling over that one). (((((Holly and dg)))))) - bugs be gone!!! I slept in a bit this morning and then did 9 easy miles on the treadmill. AHR 161. It wasn't too cold, but the wind is awful today - I just hate running in the wind when it is cold. All this talk of daffodils, croci and hyacinths is giving me spring fever - stop it!!! Everyone have a good weekend - good luck to any racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Ok, here's a question for the men, which sports do men wear jocks for, I have no idea but I could guess football and baseball and hockey would be yes, but what about basketball? I'm thinking table tennis is a no. Ok, I was feeling this should be a rest day but the weather was too perfect. I did 4 miles in shorts (44F), and it was way sproinkier than I expected (my seventh day in a row running). Just one of those groovy runs that comes out of nowhere. Thank you groovy run god, whereever you are! 10:30, 10:24, 10:14, 9:19. It felt so effortless!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Gotta clean my house one of these days... Hey Leslie, you available??
                              Okay, okay. I see how its. Uh huh. I can take it, though. Evil grin . . . . Wink Lamerunner - Happy belated birthday. Keeping fingers crossed the injection goes well for you. And sorry, but I don't think there is such a thing as mediocre BQ, girlfriend. Cute pet pics. And we even have a great new rescued pet adoption. All our kitties were rescue kitties, even our 19 yo. This one we adopted about a year and a half ago. Needless to say, he doesn't miss many meals:

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Thanks for the kitty pictures! Smile Thanks you for the jock adjustment picture too Tim! Big grin And now I am bra shopping!

Runners run