Masters Running

Thurs Masters Runs, Workouts and Fun Stuff (Read 561 times)

xor

srlopez, surffing???
    I am genetically programmed to do so. Well, that's the theory. I've never been any good.

I switched my Garmin to miles and had a pleasurable run home through Ball State University. I then went to the pool where the divers were practicing, and looked for the diving coach Slo talked about....boy, was she hawt Slo. I asked her about you Slo, and I had to describe you by your profile pic, and when you show up to swim and such. She lifted her eye brow and thought for a minute. She then said Ohhhh....you mean "stubby" we call him "stub" for short.
      Cripes! Priceless!! Big grin Mary - Sorry to hear about your aunt-in-law. Prayers and thoughts to your family. SLO - Can't remember the last time I had one of those runs, unfortunately. Undecided They've all felt like a bit of a struggle lately, unless I'm on the trails. Speaking of struggles, 3 steady miles this a.m. at a 9:42 av pace. That first mile the last few days has just been tuff. No ifs, ands, or butts about it. Three more tomorrow, then I'm done 'til Sunday's 30k.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Tramps, were there big spiderwebs in the woods that were slowing you down, or even flinging you backwards?Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

xor

You mean like THESE big spiderwebs?

Top 'O the World!

Aaacccck! Shocked that looks creepy! in a cool sort way Tongue 5.07 sluggish leaden miles this am....3 more to do tonight even slower (helping DS#2 get started as a means to help quit smoking)
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Tramps

Hey, Tramps, were there big spiderwebs in the woods that were slowing you down, or even flinging you backwards?Big grin
              Watch it, missy. If I want to be the target of smarty-pants humor at my expense, dredging up incidents from my past, I don't need to come here. I can go talk with my wife.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Aaacccck! Shocked that looks creepy! in a cool sort way Tongue 5.07 sluggish leaden miles this am....3 more to do tonight even slower (helping DS#2 get started as a means to help quit smoking)
                What an awesome Mother ! He'll either run or he'll smoke.......kicking that habit ain't easy. Tell him we'll be monitoring his progress.

Marathon Maniac #957

If the web looks like that, what the heck does the spider look like? Shocked

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

If the web looks like that, what the heck does the spider look like? Shocked
                    Exactly!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

nevermind. I posted a pic of a big ol spider, but it was just too gross. trust me - it was HUGE!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hey guys, I haven't read through the thread too much though I did see that creepy HUGE spiderweb. Yikes. I have been AWOL dealing with some tough life issues, but things seem to have sorted themselves out so I thought I'd drop back in. I lost my job and spent a few crazy months thinking we'd have to sell our house and move to the sticks or something. Thankfully, I found another job in the same building where I currently work and it actually is going to result in a pay raise. The hours will be more so I will have to adjust my running schedule and get used to getting up early to run, but that's a small price to pay for a steady income and not needing to worry about selling the house or pulling the kids out of activities. I also wrecked my car in the middle of all this, thereby causing further pain and headaches. The care was not totalled and insurance covered it so all in all, I guess it wasn't so bad. I just felt like a complete idiot for driving it into the parking garage wall! As far as running goes, I took off a week back in March and got the AT troubles sorted out, but my knee has been bothering me again. I think it's improving slowly, but I may wind up heading back to the doctor to see if I can push the HMO into paying for an MRI and getting some kind of final diagnosis, even if it does mean more time off. The recent heat around here hasn't made running very pleasant either. Anyway, hoping to drop back in semi-regularly to say hi. Meg

Once a runner . . .

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey there's Meg Smile Smile Smile Leaving work, will read your post later...should have said - gotta run. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hi, Meg! Glad to have you back. And congrats on finding a new job so soon. Re driving into the parking garage wall - a couple of years ago I backed into our garage door while The Hub was out of town. Not a huge dent in the door, but noticeable nonetheless, and no damage to the car. He hounded me forever to tell him how I could've backed into the door, but I refused to tell him. It still drives him crazy. Told him it doesn't matter, what's done is done, and me telling him how/why won't change anything. Heh, heh, heh - yep, gives me a perverse kinda pleasure. Big grin

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Slo

Hi Meg, Goods to have you back. I'm glad life didn't get in the way. Funny how things can just come together. May that streak continue for your running too! You are such a strong and fast runner. I'm sure you'll be back to your old standards quickly.