Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5k Route (Read 405 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh Mighty Wing

Trent, thanks for the link! that says i'm 26... I thought I was 25???? Sad this is very sad...
      Why did they split the age groups up like that? Weird. I might have placed overall had I done this race. That sucks.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Candice, you are full of "I might have, if"s. You can only point to things you have actually done. Wink
          And also remember that the women who placed overall can probably run sub-19 and even sub-18 on a normal course. I'm guessing that course adds 15-30 seconds per mile.

In-ter-est-ing. Veeeeeeery interesting. I'd planned to skip it, too ... and do the cross country run Thursday night. I really didn't want to drive to Smyrna, either. But the price is right. The course is right. And the chance to destroy you months ahead of schedule ... I need to talk with my coach..
            Bring it on chimphole. I just registered. Cheryl will be there too, so be sure to comb your hairs.

Bring it on chimphole. I just registered. Cheryl will be there too, so be sure to comb your hairs.
              chimphole. NMSWOTD?
                Candice, you are full of "I might have, if"s. You can only point to things you have actually done. Wink
                Yea.

And also remember that the women who placed overall can probably run sub-19 and even sub-18 on a normal course. I'm guessing that course adds 15-30 seconds per mile.
                  The women, or the woman? Because the 3rd woman ran 21:54...so that sucks if she normally runs sub 18. Wouldn't you guess it's the same as Race Judicata? I PR'd there. I do well in PWP. MTA: But Trent is right. I was just saying.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jeff knows the top runners and thinks they ran about 60 seconds slow overall. He suggested that us midpackers ran about 90 seconds slow. Me, I just walked.
                      The women, or the woman? Because the 3rd woman ran 21:54...so that sucks if she normally runs sub 18. Wouldn't you guess it's the same as Race Judicata? I PR'd there. I do well in PWP.
                      If the times are slower by a minute or so, the 3rd woman could probably run 20-something. It's the same as the Judicata, but times are typically slower in PWP (my 5k there 2 weeks ago was 80 seconds off my PR). I'm sure you could blow away your Judicata 10K PR on a flatter course now. Franklin Classic?

Yea, Franklin Classic is the race i'm shooting for a PR at. I should be able to do it since I ran Moon Pie at about the same pace as I ran the Judicata 10k. But I should only point to the things I have done Wink The upcoming races I want to do good at are the Classic, Music City Triathlon, and the Louisville 1/2 Marathon. I wanna work on my 1/2 this fall since I probably won't be doing a marathon. I'm thinking of going back to Las Vegas in December and running the 1/2. My friends I stayed with out there want me to. I don't really think I do the best on flat courses though...since I tried to BQ in Las Vegas, and ended up BQing at Country Music. Then again, maybe I just wasn't ready last December. Speaking of races and stuff... Athletes House sent me an invitation to be on their race team.

The Thunder

Just to add my .02 on the Smyrna race...DO IT! I wish I was in town to do it. Last year I ran my first mile in 5:35. I haven't run a mile that fast ....well in a while. It's a fast race.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I can't do Symrna. I have a class this weekend.

The Thunder

I can't do Symrna. I have a class this weekend.
                              I wasn't talking to you. But thanks for the info.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…