Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sunday Long Run (Read 326 times)

Buy? Apparently any old, unimportant, random jogger can get video from them for free.
    Yes - I've been given fair warning. At my next striders run I'll be sure to watch for the video cameras and try to avoid them, or else I won't be able to make up a good story about what a strong finish I had. Big grin Seriously the striders do an awesome job. Some people may not recognize the sarcastic font I use sometimes on these posts. It looks a lot like regular font. Big grin
      Definitely, Striders do a great job. We are really lucky to have such a good organization here. I've lived other places where the running groups were totally lethargic and complaintive about doing the slightest thing. Some of those core Striders organizers must be up at 4 a.m. nearly every Sat. and Sun. But there's no avoiding the camera. Trust me.

S&M Collector

Casa did you figure out how far we ran? I'm gonna wright 19.5 in my log and edit later... MTA: Actually I wrote 19.3 in my log...because 19.5 made it a 7:57 pace. 8:02 sounds closer.
        Not sure. Confused The Beechwood to Portland backtracking would be just at .92 miles. HOWEVER, when I look at Trent's map that he originally provided in this thread, I think we ran the wrong roads more than just in that spot. So, it's a clusterfuck. Guess one of us should have worn a Garmin. MTA: I also ran from Athlete's House to the church and back with JK (who was flying and looking strong at that stage), so it's all messed up. I logged it as 19 miles total, but whatever. I don't think an 8:02 was our overall on this day. We did that on our 16-miler last winter, but that was LP field to Shelby, which is flat!
        Come across any cool medals lately?
          Damnitt.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, there goes your training.

S&M Collector

Exactly. I was so pissed off that I stopped at Shebly Park on the way home. I had a horse shit breakfast and a undetermined mileage long run. Might as well make a pit stop.
                Exactly. I was so pissed off that I stopped at Shebly Park on the way home. I had a horse shit breakfast and a undetermined mileage long run. Might as well make a pit stop.
                Yea, your potatoes looked like pineapples. The new guy took a bite of them when you went to the bathroom.

I think i'm going to change it to 19.2 as well. That seems reasonable.

S&M Collector

I think i'm going to change it to 19.2 as well. That seems reasonable.
                    Yeah, but I ran more than you. Tongue Take a look at the map of the course......which I basically copied from the one that Trent originally posted in this message. Can you figure out where we went wrong, etc.? By the way, you are still a helluva runner....haven't missed a beat with your tri traiing and extra-curricular b.s., so don't tweak a bit. for real. I hate paying you a compliment. Wink
                      By the way, you are still a helluva runner....haven't missed a beat with your tri traiing and extra-curricular b.s., so don't tweak a bit. for real. I hate paying you a compliment. Wink
                      Aww. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. That actually makes me feel good. I've felt weird about my running lately.

Can you figure out where we went wrong, etc.?
                        I can see exactly where we went wrong. I'm gonna re-map it and then i'll let you know.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Elevation profile, BTW -

S&M Collector

So, fellow training race participants........... Would you deem this as a hilly training run course? for real.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Up until the stone gates: mild hills, mainly on Estes. After the stone gates: gentle rolling.