RA Coaching Forum

btb's running log (Read 1123 times)

btb1490

oh no, Bob! So sorry to hear about your foot Sad Sounds like you have a very good attitude about it, which is wonderful and a good sign of how you've learned to deal with the ups and downs of running. Still, sorry to hear about the pain b/c I know what a huge drag that is. Hopefully you can use the time to do lots of yoga (still possible with the foot?) and other things that won't aggravate it. Very cool to hear your vineyard pals set up impromptu soccer games Smile I admire that energy and playfulness- its great when adults don't lose that. My 2nd exam got pushed back to Tues this week so I used my extra "study" time to do something more interesting - ha ha. Smile
    Hi Katie! Thanks for the well wishes. Yep, yoga is ok since I am sitting on my butt most of the time while doing it! Smile The biggest challenge is how to walk Jake! I worked all that out when I had my knee surgery though. First I tried walking him from a wheelchair. That was painfully slow and his leash constantly got tangled up. Crutches didn't work too well either, they weren't made for long distance travelling. Finally I rigged up my mountain bike by taking off the right pedal (the good leg), and pushed with that leg while just resting my left leg on the left pedal. Kinda like a scooter that you sit down on. We could go a few miles that way at a good clip, it worked very well. Good luck with the test on Tuesday! Sorry it got postponed, it would've been nice to get it out of the way. Don't give up that playfulness yourself... -Bob
    btb1490

good to get out... It wasn't anything remotely resembling a workout, but I did rig up the mountain bike, and got out for a "walk" with Jake this AM. I keep my left foot resting on the left pedal, and push myself along with my right leg, kinda like a scooter. It works well. I think Jake likes it because we can move along at a faster pace than just walking. He trots right alongside like a dutiful soldier. We went about 3 miles. It was a beautifully clear morning, just the right temperature. Perfect for viewing the lunar eclipse as it set on the horizion. It sure felt good just to be outdoors again. Smile
        just catching up- sorry for the setback Bob and the change in plans. Hoping for a quick healing for you!!!
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        btb1490

just catching up- sorry for the setback Bob and the change in plans. Hoping for a quick healing for you!!!
          Hi Alan! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the well wishes! Smile
            Sending lots of healing vibes Bob!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Sending lots of healing vibes Bob!
              Thanks Pam! Things are not good. I really messed things up this time. Right now I'm in Wyoming on a vacation, and the walking around is killing me! But it's still awesome here! Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it! Smile
                Thanks Pam! Things are not good. I really messed things up this time. Right now I'm in Wyoming on a vacation, and the walking around is killing me! But it's still awesome here! Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it! Smile
                I am so sorry that things aren't good Sad I can't even imagine how your feeling Sad Despite how things are with your running, I hope you are enjoying your vacation. Are you planning on going to the doctors after vacation? I'm hoping to run somewhere behind you come Philadelphia Marathon time!! Thinking of ya and sending lots of healing vibes!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

I am so sorry that things aren't good Sad I can't even imagine how your feeling Sad Despite how things are with your running, I hope you are enjoying your vacation. Are you planning on going to the doctors after vacation? I'm hoping to run somewhere behind you come Philadelphia Marathon time!! Thinking of ya and sending lots of healing vibes!!!
                  Thank you Pam for the kind words. Smile Now I'm in Utah. Things aren't any better with the foot, but the awesome scenery sure does make up for things! Yep, a doctor's visit is in order when I get back. Hopefully Philly will work out. Thanks again!
                    Thank you Pam for the kind words. Smile Now I'm in Utah. Things aren't any better with the foot, but the awesome scenery sure does make up for things! Yep, a doctor's visit is in order when I get back. Hopefully Philly will work out. Thanks again!
                    Very cool that your traveling all over! My mom is from Utah and dad moved there as a kid. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and safe travels!!

btb1490

Very cool that your traveling all over! My mom is from Utah and dad moved there as a kid. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and safe travels!!
                      Ahhh, so you have Utah roots! It is really neat here in Park City. Athletes everywhere! You would be so inspired to train just being here. At the olympic park, some olympic freestyle skijumpers were practicing, as well as some x-games participants. Such awesome talent. Thanks for checking in!
                        Ahhh, so you have Utah roots! It is really neat here in Park City. Athletes everywhere! You would be so inspired to train just being here. At the olympic park, some olympic freestyle skijumpers were practicing, as well as some x-games participants. Such awesome talent. Thanks for checking in!
                        Been to Park City many many times. In fact I happen to have been in Utah during the 2002 Winter Olympics. How awsome to be able to watch the athletes!! Where are you headed to next?

btb1490

Been to Park City many many times. In fact I happen to have been in Utah during the 2002 Winter Olympics. How awsome to be able to watch the athletes!! Where are you headed to next?
                          You were there for the Olympics??? How cool that must have been! Even now, the air is still full of excitement up there, you can just feel that something special took place. The tourguide at the ski jump and bobsled/luge venue was excellent. He was one of the bobsled officials for the olympics, and his son is a luger. It's back to work and back to reality now though. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday for my injury, we'll see. Driving from Idaho to Jackson Hole. Out in the middle of nowhere. Teton Pass, 9000ft. Moose. Field of horses with the Tetons in the background, almost obscured by a distant downpour. Reflection of Grand Teton 13,000ft. (top obscured by clouds) in one of the many lakes.
                            Awesome pictures, Bob! Thanks for sharing them! MTA - just got caught up on your log and am sorry to hear the bad news re: your foot. Hopefully the doc can get you the mend quickly.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

((((HUGS))))) I see your still not able to run Sad Thinking of you!

You were there for the Olympics??? How cool that must have been! Even now, the air is still full of excitement up there, you can just feel that something special took place. The tourguide at the ski jump and bobsled/luge venue was excellent. He was one of the bobsled officials for the olympics, and his son is a luger. It's back to work and back to reality now though. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday for my injury, we'll see. Driving from Idaho to Jackson Hole. Out in the middle of nowhere. Teton Pass, 9000ft. Moose. Field of horses with the Tetons in the background, almost obscured by a distant downpour. Reflection of Grand Teton 13,000ft. (top obscured by clouds) in one of the many lakes.
                                Not sure HOW I MISSED this!! Beautiful pictures!!! TETONS ROCK!!! Yes it was awesome being there during the olympics (well except for the traffic) Anyways GOOD LUCK at the doctors today!!! Keep us updated!