RA Coaching Forum

btb's running log (Read 1123 times)

btb1490

So much for a rest day.... 8 hours of car shopping is way worse than running a marathon! I am exhausted!
    btb1490

I had this at the start of last winter. My doc called them "non-allergic allergies", or some such thing. The bizarre weather we had brought 'em out. Hopefully things change soon.
      So many people I know this year have had weird allergy stuff going on. For a while there, I was seeing my doctor more than anyone else.
        So much for a rest day.... 8 hours of car shopping is way worse than running a marathon! I am exhausted!
        Ouch. I hate car shopping. What did you end up with?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yes what did you get?????

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Ouch. I hate car shopping. What did you end up with?
            A locker room on wheels! You can just put a hose to the inside of this baby when it gets gross inside. Right up my alley!
              Very cool!!! Ok I'm patiently waiting to hear how the race went today! Hope your enjoying the weekend Bob!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Very cool!!! Ok I'm patiently waiting to hear how the race went today! Hope your enjoying the weekend Bob!!
                Hi Pam! Got home about an hour ago, all showered and feeling somewhat human again. I'm cooked like a lobster. It was HOT. But what an incredible race, one of the most unique that I've run. Took lots of pictures, I'll post them along with a report at some point. 17:45, 4th OA, 1st AG.
                  Hi Pam! Got home about an hour ago, all showered and feeling somewhat human again. I'm cooked like a lobster. It was HOT. But what an incredible race, one of the most unique that I've run. Took lots of pictures, I'll post them along with a report at some point. 17:45, 4th OA, 1st AG.
                  WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WTG!! Congrats on the great race. Can't wait to see pictures!

btb1490

Thank you Pam! I appreciate it! Smile A report with pictures is sitting over in the Racing forum.
                      Nice car, Bob! I have a couple friends in Scouts that have Elements. They love them! Also, nice job on the race. Holy cow, 17:45! I'm still dreaming of sub 25 Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

btb1490

Nice car, Bob! I have a couple friends in Scouts that have Elements. They love them! Also, nice job on the race. Holy cow, 17:45! I'm still dreaming of sub 25 Big grin
                        Thanks Mike, both for the car and race congrats! Friends of mine who have Elements had nothing but good things to say about them. I really liked how rugged and easy maintenance it seems. Mike, look how far you've come with your running in such a short time. With your dedication, I think at some point you will be running some pretty amazing times.
                        btb1490

Solid... Got this training week off to a decent start. The weather is cooperating. Woke up to a clear starry sky, cool(er) temps and low(er) humidity. It's nice walking out the door and not having it feel like a ton of bricks hitting you. Todays workout called for 10 miles with 3x2 miles @ marathon pace with a 1/2 mile recovery in between. These are the types of workouts where pre-programming the workout into the Garmin really comes in handy. It tells you when to start and stop each interval, and whether or not you are on pace or not. Takes away the thinking part of running so you can just run instead. Anyway, the marathon paced portions of the workout felt pretty comfortable, as they should. Maybe not quite as effortless as they should be feeling, but there is still 7 weeks of training to go, so hopefully in a few weeks these runs will get to that point. Splits were nice and consistent which means I'm getting dialed in to what this marathon pace should feel like, so come race day, just wind me up, point me in the right direction and go. I ran my favorite 10 mile route, which is an out and back that turns around at a beach. If I time it just right, as I did today, I get greeted with a nice sunrise over the water. Since it was nice and calm today the water was like glass and reflected the sun like a mirror. I think I slowed down slightly here to take it in. As many times as I've done this, I don't think I'll ever tire of it. So it was a great start to the day, and a great start to a new training week. Smile Hope it's just as good for everyone else out there as well!
                          Scout7

Nice job! It's amazing how much something that is so seemingly minor can have such an impact. The weather changing brings such a new perspective on everything, and it's not just the physical, but the mental as well. Good run!
                              You make me wish I was out there running that run with you! Of course if I had, I'd be in the hospital recovering from trying to kill myself by running way too fast. Way to start off a new week! Nice job Bob!!

btb1490

Nice job! It's amazing how much something that is so seemingly minor can have such an impact. The weather changing brings such a new perspective on everything, and it's not just the physical, but the mental as well. Good run!
                                Thanks Scout! Everything you said is so true.