RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

btb1490

I don't know if it was cause I was in the zone or because I was looking for the gas station that I passed on the way out (it was hidden by the trees on the way back). Dh laughed cause apparently I ran past a HUGE sign for the hotel he was staying at as well Confused Thanks! I'm amazed at how easy those faster paces are starting to feel.
    Whatever the reason was, you were flying out there! I'm excited for you that you are doing so well!
      Whatever the reason was, you were flying out there! I'm excited for you that you are doing so well!
      Thanks Bob!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Hi Pam, thank you for stopping by my blog! I wanted to wish you a great weekend too! What's on your running schedule? Remember.... step back week! Wink
          Hi Pam, thank you for stopping by my blog! I wanted to wish you a great weekend too! What's on your running schedule? Remember.... step back week! Wink
          Hey Bob, hope your day is going well! I sure hope the weekend goes well. My running schedule is 10 tonight, 15 tomorrow and 7 on Sunday. However I may do 7 tonight, 15 tomorrow and 2 5 milers on Sunday. We shall see. BTW I've taken 2 , yes you heard me correctly 2 days off this week!! I'm doing good !

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ok didn't get out for my run until sunset. I'm starting to get the hang of this night running. Other than 2 miles during my 10 miler my pace was pretty close for the rest. I did have to go for a bathroom break which may or may not have attributed to the faster pace for my 4th mile. My last mile is usually always the fastest (on good runs). Definetly an AWESOME run. Felt great the whole way and afterwards. Not sure if I'll be getting my 15 in first thing in the am (had planned on getting up around 5) Dh may be doing his long run instead. If so I'll be doing somewhere around 7 tomorrow and then my 15 on Sunday. Here's this evening's run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3753531

This mornings run SUCKED!!!! ALarm went off at 5:30 dh didn't look like he was going to get up so I said I'd get up and do my 15 today and he could do his long run tomorrow. He said ok. BIG mistake. Body was NOT happy about running last night, eating only an apple and protein drink after run and before going to bed at 12:00 am, then getting up at 5:30 to go for a long run. I was able to get in 7 slow miles BEFORE my ankle/knee started giving me issue's. I slogged another half a mile before giving up and walking the 2 1/2 miles back to the car. Dh says he'll try to be home by 8 am tomorrow so that I may be able to get my 15 miles in before the heat really sets in. We shall see. I will probably go for a nice easy run tonight to make sure knee/ankle is doing ok.

btb1490

Pam, that was a pretty tough combo you tried to pull off there. 10 miles at a good clip, followed less that 12 hours later with a 15 miler? Plus, if the weather is the same by you as it is here, the heat and humidity are back. I'm glad you were smart and cut it short. Regroup, and you will do well tomorrow I bet. Please don't go nuts tonight if you run, just do a short run to test the knee and ankle, and nothing more. Save it for Sunday. Give that body some TLC the rest of today. You're doing fine, don't worry!
                  Pam, that was a pretty tough combo you tried to pull off there. 10 miles at a good clip, followed less that 12 hours later with a 15 miler? Plus, if the weather is the same by you as it is here, the heat and humidity are back. I'm glad you were smart and cut it short. Regroup, and you will do well tomorrow I bet. Please don't go nuts tonight if you run, just do a short run to test the knee and ankle, and nothing more. Save it for Sunday. Give that body some TLC the rest of today. You're doing fine, don't worry!
                  True! I learned my lesson (though I TOLD dh that was a recipe for disaster Friday night, but yet I still got up since dh didn't look like he was going to). I need to listen to myself, know that I know what I'm talking about and make dh work around my schedule a bit. Got in a nice and easy 4.1 mile run last night. Felt tightness. Got in a nice and easy 5 miler. Had tighntness, but no pain. Definetly could tell it wouldn't of been happy if I had pushed it at all. Here's today's run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3767442 Once warmed up my pace was consistant.

btb1490

True! I learned my lesson (though I TOLD dh that was a recipe for disaster Friday night, but yet I still got up since dh didn't look like he was going to). I need to listen to myself, know that I know what I'm talking about and make dh work around my schedule a bit. Got in a nice and easy 4.1 mile run last night. Felt tightness. Got in a nice and easy 5 miler. Had tighntness, but no pain. Definetly could tell it wouldn't of been happy if I had pushed it at all. Here's today's run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3767442 Once warmed up my pace was consistant.
                    Another nice, solid run, Pam! Overall, a good stepback week for you. Be careful this upcoming week, make sure that ankle and knee are ok. At this point you don't want to do anything to jeopardize your upcoming marathon. If you need to back off, do it. You have weeks and weeks of solid training behind you, you certainly won't lose it by stepping back if you have to. Good luck, I hope all the body parts continue to cooperate, and keep up the great work!
                      Another nice, solid run, Pam! Overall, a good stepback week for you. Be careful this upcoming week, make sure that ankle and knee are ok. At this point you don't want to do anything to jeopardize your upcoming marathon. If you need to back off, do it. You have weeks and weeks of solid training behind you, you certainly won't lose it by stepping back if you have to. Good luck, I hope all the body parts continue to cooperate, and keep up the great work!
                      Thanks Bob!! I'll definetly do what I can to make sure my body is ready for the marathon in 2 weeks! Definetly will be listening to my body! I got my long run done today (better late then never I guess). I'm going to be going day by day these next couple weeks. I'm not worried about doing to little, more worried I may do too much. But having you check in on me really helps!! Todays run felt MUCH better then yesterdays. Maybe I just needed the forced step back ya know.

btb1490

Thanks Bob!! I'll definetly do what I can to make sure my body is ready for the marathon in 2 weeks! Definetly will be listening to my body! I got my long run done today (better late then never I guess). I'm going to be going day by day these next couple weeks. I'm not worried about doing to little, more worried I may do too much. But having you check in on me really helps!! Todays run felt MUCH better then yesterdays. Maybe I just needed the forced step back ya know.
                        Yay! Well done! There you go again, doing what you gotta do to get the job done! Glad you felt good! How were the ankle and knee? I hope you are icing them!
                          Yay! Well done! There you go again, doing what you gotta do to get the job done! Glad you felt good! How were the ankle and knee? I hope you are icing them!
                          Ankle and knee are feeling AWESOME!! Besides icing them and making sure to do my strengthening and stretching exercises, Dh has been massaging my calves! I swear that man LOVES to see me in major pain, but my run's today felt AWESOME! I got in a real nice 6.2 progressive run this morning and this evening I broke out my new Mizuno Wave Alcheimy 7's to take for a short spin. OMG! I think I picked the wrong pair to break in for LRM (Asics). I may just keep running in the Mizuno's and if things go well take a chance with them Sep 9th. Here is my run from this evening http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3793645# Exuse what the map shows, the roads have been changed, so no I didn't run across the street all of a sudden and end in the middle of gawd knows where. I actually got stopped at a stop sign. Probably a good thing since I really shouldn't of been doing any kind of speed work in brand new shoes.

I got in a real nice 6.2 progressive run this morning and this evening I broke out my new Mizuno Wave Alcheimy 7's to take for a short spin. OMG! I think I picked the wrong pair to break in for LRM (Asics). I may just keep running in the Mizuno's and if things go well take a chance with them Sep 9th.
                            Pam- I am glad to see your comments about the Alchemy's. I switch between the Asics 2120's and the Alchemny's but I have not bought a pair of the "7's" yet. I read a review on them and saw some comments that were not favorable for racing/speed on the the 7's because of the heal design or something like that. Did you notice any changes in the heal area or is this the first pair you have worn?
                            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                              I replaced my 6's with the 7. The only thing I really noticed was that they actually had the cushion that the 6's seemed to have been missing. And I felt much taller Confused I ran my normal trails and ran the big hill in the beginning that I've been leaving out the past few runs due to ankle issue and had no problem running on my toes (tend to do that with the steep hills). I also found my self running several other parts of the run more on my toes than normally. So far they seem to be the "perfect" shoe for me. Hope this helps a bit Alan.

Well today SHOULD have been a much slower recovery run, HOWEVER legs felt otherwise. Wore my Alchemy 7's again and they didn't let me down. Had a really nice 6.3 mile trail run and even added in the big hill in the beginning (if I cross bridge in beginning I can totally skip that hill which I had been doing since I was having ankle problems since Saturday morning. Legs felt great the whole time. Had to take a water break at one of the fountains, not suprising since the gum I was chewing was super sweet (sugar free). Too bad for time constraints, I could of done another full lap. Here's today's run http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3797332