RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

Good luck on the marathon this weekend Pam.
    Thanks so much Steve!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

6am-67°F 9am-71°F 12pm-79°F Ok, the forecast isn't tooooo bad. Compared to what you've dealt with all summer, this should be no problem for you Pam. Drink early, drink often! Are you excited yet? Wink
        Yes so far the forecast doesn't look too bad *knock on wood* I've been excited ALL week lol. Not sure how I'm going to get through today. Not sure why I'm as excited as I am since I'm not even racing. Must be due to not running 2 days in a row Wink That or I'm just really excited to see how all my training this past year or so comes through for me tomorrow. Thanks Bob!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good Luck Pam!!! Can't wait to hear about your race.
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
            Thanks Alan!

btb1490

Hmmm, it's Sunday morning, around 6:30am.... I wonder what you're doing right about now? Big grin Port-o-john line? In the woods? Jumping around like a mexican jumping bean? Smile
                Hmmm, it's Sunday morning, around 6:30am.... I wonder what you're doing right about now? Big grin Port-o-john line? In the woods? Jumping around like a mexican jumping bean? Smile
                LOL. Probably all of the above.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wrong on all acounts. I was inside a hotel posing for pictures Big grin Here is my race from today http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3905680# I added a bit in the comments. Will post race report LATER after I shower and relax maybe tomorrow am. I finished strong and as an added bonus got 1st in age group!! Not bad considering the pitstops and waterstops. Anyway THANKS GUYS for all the support, it means ALOT!!

Congrats Pam- 1st place in your AG- wow!!!
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                      Congrats, Pam! Nice job on the marathon, and even nicer job on 1st in your AG! All of your hard work this summer is paying off!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

btb1490

How are you feeling today after your awesome run yesterday Pam?
                          Thanks Alan, Mike and Bob! Other than a little tired and stiff, feeling great! Got in a nice run a little longer than a 5k. Felt great! I'm a little ticked off at motionbased cause it won't let me view my run. I wanted to see how I did on the hilly portions of the run. Oh well such is life. I'm looking to do a little longer run this evening when it cools down a bit. Just gotta add, it is SOOOOOOOO nice to see my hardwork paying off!! This marathon experience was COMPLETELY different than my first one!

Prophet!

Awesome race pam. First in age group is super awesome . So what did you do differently from your first one...more mileage ? I'm hoping my second one will be a lot better than my first one as well. And what's next ?
                              Awesome race pam. First in age group is super awesome . So what did you do differently from your first one...more mileage ? I'm hoping my second one will be a lot better than my first one as well. And what's next ?
                              ALOT more milage. With my first one I had just started running and decided to run a marathon. I did Hal's novice program which is BARELY enough to be able to finish. So running a marathon 6 months after starting to run ISN"T exactly a great idea. This time I had a real good base & solid base, with LOTS of high (for me) milage weeks. What's next is Steamtown Marathon October 7th. That is my "A" marathon. MTA: My first marathon time was 4:40:14

Nice 4.8 mile run this evening. Legs felt stiff and a bit sore for first mile or so, but once warmed up they felt great. Not sure if I'm feeling this good due to my training or maybe I'm going to be paying for it tomorrow. Since I'm going day by day run by run we shall see. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3918230