RA Coaching Forum

ShanHas Journal (Read 499 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Got 4 in today! In tempo style (i think!) Ran the first and last mile between 11-12 min/mile and the middle 2 between 9:20 - 10 min/mile. It felt great. I channeled Jeff and just relaxed and it felt like I was actually running!

Oh Mighty Wing

This week went really well!! I had a great long run that was faster than the time I listed thanks to RockenMama. I seem to be able to move faster when i'm not really thinking about it and the person I am with is running faster. I came in 1 mile shy because of the storm that rolled through on saturday but still very impressive. My legs are a little sore but given that I doubled my mileage 2 weeks ago and held steady this week that is probably to be expected. There has been a change in all of my plans, I'm not ready to reveal it, but suffice it to say that this will be a taper week and when I'm done I will log my highest mileage week to date. I'm thinking 2 miles Mon-Thurs. 1mile Fri-Sat. Race Sun.

Oh Mighty Wing

OMG what a great whirlwind I was on!! I am a marathoner!!! WOOHOO!!!! A fire was lit and now it's time to get serious. So this week will be a recovery week. While I am not sore when I run my muscles are tired. So I'll take the rest of this week to do 1-2 milers - maybe next week ?? But then I think I'll go back to the week I did 2 weeks ago. Do you guys think Brian's run is out too?? December 7th - a 10K?

Oh Mighty Wing

WOOHOO I set a 5k PR this morning!!! 28:18 was the unofficial time!!

Future running partner.

Great run! Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks!
                Soooooooooo you are SOOOOOOO going to kick ass come Dec 7th!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Pam!! I think I will be able to break 1 also!!
                    Thanks Pam!! I think I will be able to break 1 also!!
                    This coming year is going to be a GREAT YEAR for you I just feel it!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Ok so I've got 2 things coming up: 10K in 1 week and I'm looking to PR Half in March where I'm looking to go sub2 My plan for the 10K is to run this week with whatever feels comfortable, but not pushing it so my legs have some chance to feel good. Then for the half: I'm ready to actually train and not just get by. So the plan is: Take December to get up to 30mpw. Get to 40 by the beginning of February. And then hang out there until the Half. My major runs are going to be - a long run and a mid-long run. Once I'm up to 30 mpw I'll put some striders into one of my easy runs - every week or every other week depending on how my body handles it. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! I think eating and stretching are going to be my biggest issues while adjusting to the mileage.
                      btb1490

"2nd in Athena Division!!! I got hardware - I got hardware - I got hardware - yeah that's my hardware dance - bant chick a wan wan... Clock time - 58:05" I guess the race went well! Cool Is there a report anywhere?

Oh Mighty Wing

BTB - so sorry!!! I went on hiatus and am just not getting back. There was a report I have forgotten where though. So Since I've been gone I did a hard 10miler race and am now running - lots. I decided about 2 weeks ago I had enough Miss Play By The Rules girl. And have since thrown caution to the wind and have gone on a running spree!! I'm LOVING it!!! I've tossed in doubles and am basically just running as often as I feel like it and for however far I feel like going. I've also signed up: Ocean Drive Marathon - 3/29 Tahoe Triple - 9/25-27 And have a couple of marathons out on the wings from April - June. Can you tell i'm Itching???? I'll be back with more thoughts on what's been going on with my training, but I must go to the market!

Oh Mighty Wing

my plan for the week is to run 50 or more miles. we'll see what the week holds. my legs are happily tired, but we'll see what toll that takes on my running.
                            celiacChris

3Days4Cure

my plan for the week is to run 50 or more miles. we'll see what the week holds. my legs are happily tired, but we'll see what toll that takes on my running.
                              Wow! Just be careful (which I know you will be). Keep us posted on how the doubles are going!

Chris
                              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k