10,000 miles at a time

Pledge in (Read 578 times)

Beginner all over again

Spring 2029... unless I get my mileage up........if I live that long Wink

Old Running Guy!

What is CCRR - Lansing?
      CCRR - Lansing is a Half Marathon, called 'Capital City River Run', in Lansing Michigan. Harold

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
      Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run

Next 20,000 miles -- 2015.

Siobhan876

I want to hit 10,000 miles by 16 May 2017 (my mum's 58th birthday, so a memorable date).
          I've worked it out that it will equate to at least 30mpw, which is my minimum mileage when I'm not training.  

I'll see it as a little present to myself if I can push to get 10,000 by my 25th birthday (11 January 2017). 

Ok, 6 years, here we go... I'm off for a run. Big grin

"Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan.

jakee1996

June 4 2019 Smile

Welcome, and good luck on your journey!

Joined this site about a month ago so I only have 112.5ks logged. I have done about 600 this year though and am slowly increasing my distances every week. I am doing a 38k trail run this weekend and a 36k trail run next month. Normally, its the races that I have entered that keep me accountable but I like the idea of this forum.

My wife and I have a 1 year old and the first few months of his life threw my ambition to run out the window. That was until the end of last year when I did not like the way I looked or felt about my health. WE ARE PLANNING ANOTHER ONE AT SOME STAGE!!!!

I am not going to be over ambitious. If 10000 miles equals 16000 k's and I am currently running between 30 and 50 k's a week then I am committing to a 10 year goal of 10000 miles so that's August 2021 at the latest! I'm in it for the long haul! 

2012 Goals:

5k: sub 20 min 19:49

10k: sub 42 min

21.1: sub 100 min

42.2 sub 4 hours Peninsula 3:49:49

Two Oceans Ultra Marathon: Sub 6 hours

...---...

At just under 2500 now, goal date is June 21, 2017. 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dec. 31, 2018.

I'm in college, so I have no idea what life will look like if I have to balance a career and family with running, but I like the 1000 mi/yr idea. I'm at 3,000 logged now, which puts the goal date at the end of 2018!

My last post was before I started training for Marathons and Ultra Marathons and so I have reviewed my 10000 mile goal and would like to have completed it by June 2016 with an average of 60km a week I should get there comfortably.  Even though my wife is pregnant again and I have no idea what the last couple of months of the year hold in store I feel as though I am addicted enough to running now to complete the goal.

2012 Goals:

5k: sub 20 min 19:49

10k: sub 42 min

21.1: sub 100 min

42.2 sub 4 hours Peninsula 3:49:49

Two Oceans Ultra Marathon: Sub 6 hours

Well, it's been a rough few years, but I'll hopefully hit 20,000 miles next month... a couple of years off schedule.

Interesting idea, this pledging to hit 10,000 miles at a time.  I like it... so, I'm in.

Okay, so I stated running way back in 1977, but started logging mileage in 1980. Thirty-seven and a half log books later, I'm sitting at 80,697 today (documented mileage run, not counting 77-78-79), so if all goes to plan I would like to hit 90,000 by June 30, 2021.  That would be an average of just over 2500 miles per year, which should be a challenge, but not impossible.

I'm in! I know this group has been pretty quiet lately, but that doesn't mean I can't commit anyway - and maybe some of us can get it going again.

"You should wear a helmet."

Newbie runner, so be patient.