Trailer Trash

Rockin' Wednesdaily (Read 16 times)

XtremeTaper

Still pretty nice here... 60's today or close to it. Missus will be home from her Oklahoma trip later today so my bachelor days are over. Ha. I think I will get in road run at lunchtime to try to get the plod out of my legs.

QOTD: Listened to some good CD's on a real stereo last night. I was rocking the house while chopping veggies and preparing dinner. It was fun. Had a beer or two of course. So, question.. when you listen to music these days, what is your medium of choice?

Most of my music listening is in the car, driving around to the trail or running errands. Listening to some good music on my home stereo is something I should do more often. The sound is so much better. Probably the best investment I ever made was a pair of Bose book shelf speakers back in the 80's. Those things are still cranking strong and were only a $150 or so.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I did an easy 6 miles this morning. It is pretty muggy and warm outside this morning, about 66 degrees at daylight. It is supposed to cool off tomorrow at some point. I had to force myself to do it this morning, but once I got out there, I added a mile to my planned mileage. It was slow and very easy.

QOTD: I have a ton of cds in a box. I don't have anything to listen to them on anymore. Thus, I listen to music on Pandora, YouTube, or music I have downloaded on my phone. I wish I had a record player.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been mostly lurking for the last week to 10 days and enjoying the pics. Nothing much happening.  Still more walking than running.

qotd: rarely listen to music except on the car radio or cd player and on a cd/radio when I go to bed.  Once in a while some post on the internet will have me looking on Youtube.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Got in 5 last night with the brewery group. A few of us have been running an alternate, winter route that takes us into the empty (closed) roads of Rock Creek. It's a hilly route, too, that doesn't seem as hard in the pitch dark. Post-run beer was a stout.

qotd: Rarely listen to music, even in the car. It mostly is a rower/treadmill thing for me, then I listen on my phone

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Chilly yesterday (wind chills in the single digits) so picked a route that would keep us out of most of the wind, 3 miles (500') with DW and Tiny E.

Woke up to single digits this morning, no sign that Winter is budging a bit.  Will let it warm up before heading out for a few miles today.

qotd: I listen to music at the gym, that's about it- with an old iPod Shuffle   DW at home uses here phone and a speaker, she also has the fancy AirPods- someday I'll upgrade the Shuffle!

One quick story on her AirPods- she lost them hiking, but could have been 2-3 different places AND there was a foot of snow on the ground (with a white case holding them!).  We looked and looked, checked the lost & found- no luck.  She was going to get a new pair ($pendy!), but Tiny Elvis and I found them three weeks later.  That was with numerous days below zero; I opened the flip top case and a small green light came on.  Brought them home, charged them and they've worked perfectly ever since.  Not many electronic devices would have fared so well 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I am SO glad today was an indoor workout day.  29 degrees when I got in my car at 7:30 to come to work.  Should be warmer - slightly warmer - tomorrow morning.  At least there won't be a hard freeze warning.  Anyway - 45 min on the bike to nowhere.  I need to get in my core/ST after work.

Warden - That's amazing about the airpods.  Lucky!

Back to the poop talk - Years ago, my best bud and I were on a training run and she went off into the bushes to go to the bathroom.  Well, she didn't pay close enough attention and ended up pooping on a fern, and then the fronds swiped up against her backside and low back.  I hear, "Leslie! Help!"  First, like a good friend, I laughed at her.  Second, like an even better friend, I helped her get cleaned up.  Moral of the story? Don't poop on fern fronds.

QOTD: I mostly listen to music at work and in the car.  When the weather's better and we're working around the house - inside or out - we'll throw on some CDs. Our have a TON of CDs and our player holds 5.  It drives The Hub nuts, but I'll put in 5 and set it on shuffle.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked ran Jack but didn't have watch on so will give myself a mile, then I went back out and ran 5.  Sloppy wet and icy...wore spikes.  Going to add 4 more tonight with Brew Crew run. 

qotd:  I used Spotified and listen various genre....beach lounge in AM and 90s and country at other times.  I have a JBL speaker that I think sounds great.  The Other day I listened To Jesus Christ Super Star....loved it. When home I usually have music on. 

Shit stories...Bear attacks as we used to call them.  I was a a run and very uncomfortable in the rear arrest..thought about heading in the woods but just keep going.  Got to the car in a residential area and my body just wanted to let it go....I looked around for a place to.......never mind my body let it go....in my tights and all!!! I was dealing with my dementia Mom at the time and just thought hmmm is the life now!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Among my chores yesterday DW and I got shingles shots. I ran late in the day yesterday and felt fine, but today when I got up it felt like I was hit by a truck, didn’t have any issues with the COVID shots, but this is rough. I did 5 mi this morning and it was a struggle.  Just took it slow and took some walking breaks.

qotd: we have a bunch of CDs that we listen to on a Bose player (fatozzig, it has 4 slots and we also shuffle them). I also have ripped a lot of the CDs and listen to them in the car on an iPod. We also have a Bluetooth speaker that we stream to, mostly IHeartRadio, it’s a portable thing that we bring outside to the patio. Finally in addition to the iPod in the car, I also listed to traditional radio in the car.

tbd.