Trailer Trash

Happy (?) Mondalies (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi all, for the new year I am going to do my best to get rid of this lingering gloominess. Of course it's been grey and dreary for the last few days and has been raining all night.  The fields are swamped but the water will be good for the crops next  year and the ponds for the cows are quite full. (silver lining and all)

QOTD: so, with that in mind has anyone tried one of those sun lamps to help with the winter blahs? I found a portable one on amazon that I could bring into work too.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

at work, going to be extra slow today- not many folks in, no court

will hit the gym after work to strength train, cold here today- high of around 10 

on another note- finally got a new computer, got our internet squared away (needed a new router) and it’s pretty nice Smile

qotd: have not; but on a completely different animal- the B&B we stayed at over the weekend had a traditional sauna- we used it yesterday morning and REALLY liked it, now looking at possibly getting one

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

10 mi this morning.  Ran with a running buddy who is going kinda slow these days, it was a nice distraction because it was dark for the first 4 or 5 miles and then we were talking a lot, the miles went by without me noticing.  We also bumped into the RD and some folks setting up for tomorrow's marathon and talked to them for a bit.  We did our typical loop, but I don't remember doing half of it.  Strange.  Anyway a nice relaxing run.

Gonna go to the gym with my DW later this morning, I'll do some stretching and core stuff while she does the treadmill and bike (she usually swims but not today, she's still getting over the head cold).

qotd: Never tried one of those lamps. I don't think I'm affected by the winter blahs.  I thought I read somewhere that florescent lighting was supposed to help, get that at work.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Plan is a long run tomorrow to ring in the new year. Raining hard again, so probably a rail trail run on the C&O.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Any plans?  We're having people over for seafood and cards.  Fireworks probably cancelled due to rain, so staying in tonight. Too bad, because we always enjoy the fireworks on the Gettysburg Square at midnight.

QOTD:  Never tried the light, but know people who swear by them.  I did have a lot of sun on my runs this week, and I feel better after getting some sunlight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

qotd: i am wondering too. weeks without sun here is normal. trying to figure out how to get my vitd up but the pills dont seem to absorb. going to try vit d skin cream.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976443/

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no plans for us; we haven’t made it to midnight in a decade or two Smile

maybe an early nap 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

No plans...living where we do we'd have to drive too far and with the possibility of drunken drivers and all the people, I'd just rather stay home and read a good book.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hi All.  Sorry I've been MIA, but I've been lurking and happy to read about all the holiday gatherings and plethora of food.  I've been battling a personal demon for a while, and FIL passed away over the weekend, so I may be spotty posting here going into the new year, but I will still lurk .  Other than that, life is good.

Sandy - Sounds like you're ready for Houston.  I think I was actually in, because I found an email about corral assignments in my spam folder.  Oh well, too late now, and I'm in no marathon shape anyway.

dhuffman - Sorry to hear about the running game issue.  Having been a road runner and now a trail ultra runner, I don't think a lot of road runners really "get it".  It's about time and effort, which is what the body only knows anyway.  Distance is the product.  I did a race with an average pace of 28 min/mi.  That's a very slow walking pace.  But the effort was not.  I'd still log it as a race, because it was.  Oh well.  As others said, just a game.

warden - How many miles does Tiny-E have in dog miles?  Impressive little pooch!

AT - Thanks for all your help this past week.

QOTD:  Never tried it, but like Sandy, I'm sunbathing in florescent light every workday.  But I prefer natural light.

Friday's QOTD:  The year isn't over yet, but I have 2,355 miles of the 2,369 goal.  It's going to be a cold rain this afternoon and tonight, so I don't foresee a 14 mile run to meet the goal.  Oh well.

No plans tonight.  DW is out of town with her family and I will be driving down to meet them tomorrow.  Probably watch the ball fall on TV.  Even though Times Square is only about 2 miles from me by the way the crow flies, I have absolutely no desire to be anywhere near that madhouse.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

Bert, my condolences to you and your DW on the passing of your FIL.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Back from the beach last night...tired...no run this morning and not expecting to get on in later.    We did do our daily morning runs along the coast.  It was actually quite enjoyable running that short of a distance consistently.

QOTD:  No...it's sunny in CA.

No plans for the night...would like to eat at our normal casual restraint and then home.  Appears to have been high winds while we were gon and the yard is deep in pine needles so looks like the New Year's Day will be spent raking.

Berto_  Sorry to hear about your FIL.   and other such demons.  Glad you are still lurking and not leaving as I enjoy your post.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Finished the year with an easy 4.5 miles, which included some running, some walking on the beach, some chatting with friends on said beach, and a stop for coffee.  Grand total of 1984.7 for the year.  Since I had no mileage goal, I'm happy with what I got.

Bert-o, I was wondering about you, thanks for checking in.  Sorry to hear about your FIL and other stuff going on.  We'll be here whenever things settle down for you.  Don't be a stranger, I enjoy your posts!  Great mileage!

Going back to AT's comment yesterday about getting more people to join our Trailer Trash group:  What about posting something over in the GSP (i.e. great scary place, i.e., public forums)?  Just to let people know that we're here and we're nice and we're welcoming to everyone who likes trails.  It's not always easy to find specific groups on RA, and someone searching for trails might end up at the defunct Trail Runner group and give up.

Rumor has it that TRT is doing their lottery drawing later tonight, not tomorrow.  Good luck to Sandy and DD and me!  Anyone else?

QOTD: no, plenty of sun here in NorCal, like Queen said.

QOTD2: for NYE, we're wandering over to a small gathering a couple houses up the road.  Beverages, munchies, possibly staying up until midnight in CA but I wouldn't bet money on that.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

No plans...living where we do we'd have to drive too far and with the possibility of drunken drivers and all the people, I'd just rather stay home and read a take a good book  nap!

Fixed 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Reviewing the last few days....

Sandy:  Cheesy movies...you got to watch Kung Pow: The Fist....soo funny when watched with others and having a few drinks.

Friday QOTD:  ...I got 1,588.8 in this year....guessing Jack hit 1,000 and Earl a little more as I leave Jack home when running more than 15.

weekender QOTD:  Use a Garmin so pretty accurate...I am in that milage game so need to catch all the miles.

Dhuffman63:  That sucks that they kicked you off.  It's a mileage game ...you should not have mentioned that you mostly walk these distances.  Besides your walking speed could be someone's running speed.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bert- glad you stopped in; I highly recommend stopping in as much as you can- demon free zone

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Thanks for all your help this past week.

No problem. Hopefully I was a help. You have my #

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!