Trailer Trash

Wishy Washy Wednesday (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Got in 4 speedy miles last night, and along with some heavy lifting and gardenwork, my legs are tired today. It's raining also. Give me time and I can come up with more excuses why I may not run later...

qotd: Any injuries or issues that are getting in the way of running? My left knee is cranky today for some reason, so add that to my list above....

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday was 7 miles in a freezing rain/sleet thing. Kind of nuts but the legs felt good so I just kept going. Also did some weights and rowing. Today, we'll see as we had freezing rain thru the night switching over to a heavy wet snow and it's coming down pretty good. If nothing outside I'll still get in some rowing. I've got tree branches down on the driveway and while outside I heard some more coming down back in the woods. But it's pretty out there so there's that.

QOTD--no real injuries other than this geriatric thing going on. 

Nothing so far, but will do my core/ST when I get home.  It took everything I had to get out of bed this a.m., so a workout wasn't gonna happen.

QOTD: Same issues I've had for a couple months - left hamstring and adductor magnus, left AT, and right heel.  I love my MAT therapist, and we're working through the chain to pinpoint everything.  I saw him last night and he told me to try running - nothing extravagant, but maybe a 5/2 run/walk and see what happens.  He doesn't think my hamstring is the issue, but the adductor magnus, so I've been doing specific exercises for that.  He also asked me at my last appointment if I'd ever injured my right ankle.  Why, yes.  About 20 years I ended up with a Grade 3 sprain when I decided to take the fast track  forego 2 steps down into my garage.  I'd have been better off breaking my ankle.  He said the sprain is coming back to haunt me with a lot less movement in that ankle.  The AT, we're trying to figure out why I have such limited mobility.

Exciting stuff, huh? 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Ran 5 last night out at CW with Baker. Beautiful early spring evening, upper 50's, sunny, with no wind, and trails were dry and good shape. Unfortunately had one of those crappy runs (achey knee syndrome) but like that other thing a bad run is better than no run at all. Plus you know it keeps the dog happy. He loves it out there.

Chillier, wetter weather is on tap for later today. Not sure if I will run today or take the day off. I am due for a day off this week. Maybe just a hike with the dog later with a few jogging intervals. Heck, that's about my normal run anyway.

QOTD: COMS. Creaky old man syndrome. Mostly knees.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

We survived the horrible weather that came through yesterday. It didn't get too bad here. I did predict it wouldn't be as bad as they said after I looked at about 8 different models. Nothing seems as simple as it used to be. I think the media hypes everything so much that people react one of two ways: They either believe everything or dismiss everything. Neither is very good. However, some people north of us and southeast of us got hammered badly, though. it was a bad storm. I ran 2.5 miles this morning and went to the store to get a 30 pack of beer and a bottle of tequila for the hunting trip we are going on in the morning. I don't intend to drink a bottle of tequila and 30 beers between tomorrow and Sunday, but if I do, I also have a bottle of bourbon. LOL. The liquor is for the entire turkey season and will be shared. The beer will be shared, too, but I don't expect to come home with any left.

QOTD: I have no injuries or issues at this time.

LB2

Interval today.  Some faster, some slower.  At least the fog came in so it was cooler today.

XT, I believe the correct term is COPS, creaky old person syndrome.  

LB, you are well provisioned.

QOTD: nothing really, although I wish I could get some decent sleep.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR